• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Cahalan

Smash Ace
we havent recieved feed back one way or another about how its working. i'll have to boot the wii up and test it myself. but it seems ready. usually people only gripe when there's a problem xD i'm currently working on modifying PM's menu's.
Cosmetically (Graphics) or in a way that @Theytah did in his build? Also what about the Character Select Screen, do you plan to apply any changes to it as well?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Cosmetically (Graphics) or in a way that @Theytah did in his build? Also what about the Character Select Screen, do you plan to apply any changes to it as well?
i'm simply making the changes for BeX to be compatible. that way all things work. as it stands no special costumes or clones can be added without the modifications to the common files and configs. its not particularly hard, just tedious. we released the beta GCT so we can let people try it and add things themselves should they want to while we work on getting a solid fix for download.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
i'm simply making the changes for BeX to be compatible. that way all things work. as it stands no special costumes or clones can be added without the modifications to the common files and configs. its not particularly hard, just tedious. we released the beta GCT so we can let people try it and add things themselves should they want to while we work on getting a solid fix for download.
So in theory, Ondo's Out of the Box CSS can be compatible with brawl ex after some tinkering?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
So in theory, Ondo's Out of the Box CSS can be compatible with brawl ex after some tinkering?
in theory yes. i don't know how it would work with specially shapped menu's (I.E. pillar css) but most menu's are pretty easy to use with BeX its just replacing 2 files with brawlbox in the common 5.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
in theory yes. i don't know how it would work with specially shapped menu's (I.E. pillar css) but most menu's are pretty easy to use with BeX its just replacing 2 files with brawlbox in the common 5.
Interesting, so we can expand such a CSS with Ex Slots. But there's a problem, Ondo's Out of the Box CSS can't be reorganized in the CSS organizer tool. So is there a way to configure slot order/placement?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, so we can expand such a CSS with Ex Slots. But there's a problem, Ondo's Out of the Box CSS can't be reorganized in the CSS organizer tool. So is there a way to configure slot order/placement?
you will ahve to do it the old fashioned way by hand. tho instead of the CSS code you will need to make all changes in the Roster.dat file. that should reorganize the portraits.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
you will ahve to do it the old fashioned way by hand. tho instead of the CSS code you will need to make all changes in the Roster.dat file. that should reorganize the portraits.
Okay, but here's the kicker: Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS only uses a sc_selcharacter.pac to work. There's no codes involved at all. All the changes to the CSS are contained in that one .pac. How would I go about changing it then? Unless the Roster.dat overwrites the layout in the sc_selcharacter.pac, then I'm completely dumbfounded.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Okay, but here's the kicker: Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS only uses a sc_selcharacter.pac to work. There's no codes involved at all. All the changes to the CSS are contained in that one .pac. How would I go about changing it then? Unless the Roster.dat overwrites the layout in the sc_selcharacter.pac, then I'm completely dumbfounded.
actually the selchar.pac file is an exact mirror of the one in common 5. just make changes like normal and if you wanna keep to PM's common files just import it over the selcharacter in common5. its not necessary tho. the base i use with BeX is an older version of brawl minus wich also uses the selcharacter in (i think) the menu2 folder. so i know it works. however make sure you don't have both files. as that causes several issues. (including some freezes) you may be better off just importing the file into the common5.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Sorry if this has already been clarified, but how up to date with PM is this? Like, is it on par with 3.02, 3.5, 3.6, or what?

Also, I've noticed that the website is no longer working (it leads to fake pages that seem like obvious virus bait). Is there any chance of this being fixed?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has already been clarified, but how up to date with PM is this? Like, is it on par with 3.02, 3.5, 3.6, or what?

Also, I've noticed that the website is no longer working (it leads to fake pages that seem like obvious virus bait). Is there any chance of this being fixed?
i just released the beta GCT for 3.6. tho not recieving much feedback. hopefully tonight i can test it more thoroughly and troubleshoot. its linked on the last page if you would like to text it. keep in mind it is ONLY the GCT, you will need to make changes to a few files to get it to work. (common5, 2, add brawl EX and kirby RELs, etc all found on the BeX thread) once we get it more tested i'll upload a patch to get basic PM to work without any edits.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Well its been awhile and sirkura and i have been very hard at work. we think we know whats causing the freezing, but we are unable to fix it curently. we need to remove the ASL around the battle portraits and allstar mode, and so far have been unlucky in finding the new code in that garbled mess of a GCT (we have the old one that's a start!) unfortunately we can't give a time frame on when it will be able to be completed at this time. i'll attempt to ask the PMBR to see if they will replace the new code with the old one but both sirks and i both feel this plea will likely be ignored so we will end up having to do it on our own, yet again.

wish us luck, we'll need it.
Zig & Sirks

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well its been awhile and sirkura and i have been very hard at work. we think we know whats causing the freezing, but we are unable to fix it curently. we need to remove the ASL around the battle portraits and allstar mode, and so far have been unlucky in finding the new code in that garbled mess of a GCT (we have the old one that's a start!) unfortunately we can't give a time frame on when it will be able to be completed at this time. i'll attempt to ask the PMBR to see if they will replace the new code with the old one but both sirks and i both feel this plea will likely be ignored so we will end up having to do it on our own, yet again.

wish us luck, we'll need it.
Zig & Sirks
Thanks for the update! Good luck guys!

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Thanks we think we have an idea of whats wrong. by default BeX loads mario. it seems to be defaulting the stock icons and i'm sure its the code that adds stocks to allstar mode. we just need to figure out how to remove it, then we can move on to the next beta.

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
Sirks here. we are pretty much here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/this...ed-but-its-worth-a-shot.420796/#post-20357157

after that gets solved the next BeX beta will be out.
Hey, i thought unbound was dead but now ive found this and got my hopes up. I merely wanted to ask if the next beta will be compatible with pm 3.6 (i learned the answer here), if a download link will be given to public which contains ALL files necessary without editing something so that you can just plug and play unbound and if you can consider adding a pm unbound shadow the hedgehog. There are many psa of him for brawl which could be ported to pm mechanics, and also a pm project which died after completing it to 95% which makes no sense. All wii u chars and shadow would be the most logical character adding way since they appeared in a smash game and shadows psa's are so good they look like real characters. Please , id love some answers and updates . Thanks :)

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Hey, i thought unbound
Hey, i thought unbound was dead but now ive found this and got my hopes up. I merely wanted to ask if the next beta will be compatible with pm 3.6 (i learned the answer here), if a download link will be given to public which contains ALL files necessary without editing something so that you can just plug and play unbound and if you can consider adding a pm unbound shadow the hedgehog. There are many psa of him for brawl which could be ported to pm mechanics, and also a pm project which died after completing it to 95% which makes no sense. All wii u chars and shadow would be the most logical character adding way since they appeared in a smash game and shadows psa's are so good they look like real characters. Please , id love some answers and updates . Thanks :)
was dead but now ive found this and got my hopes up. I merely wanted to ask if the next beta will be compatible with pm 3.6 (i learned the answer here), if a download link will be given to public which contains ALL files necessary without editing something so that you can just plug and play unbound and if you can consider adding a pm unbound shadow the hedgehog. There are many psa of him for brawl which could be ported to pm mechanics, and also a pm project which died after completing it to 95% which makes no sense. All wii u chars and shadow would be the most logical character adding way since they appeared in a smash game and shadows psa's are so good they look like real characters. Please , id love some answers and updates . Thanks :)
I guess I'll try to give you an answer. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Here goes...

Hey, i thought unbound was dead but now ive found this and got my hopes up. I merely wanted to ask if the next beta will be compatible with pm 3.6 (i learned the answer here), if a download link will be given to public which contains ALL files necessary without editing something so that you can just plug and play unbound and if you can consider adding a pm unbound shadow the hedgehog.
All right, so first off: Yeah, Unbound is made so you can just put it on your SD card and plug it in your Wii/Wii U. As is most PM mods.

Shadow was in a beta at one point, but he was cut due to issues. I doubt he'll make a return. Sorry.

All wii u chars and shadow would be the most logical character adding way since they appeared in a smash game and shadows psa's are so good they look like real characters. Please , id love some answers and updates . Thanks :)
Wii U characters would be kinda hard, no? Although I have no modding knowledge, I can imagine making copying movesets from Smash U would be hard as all hell. Rosalina would take god knows how long, and don't even start on Ryu. Maybe eventually in the future they'll be done. But for now, that's a no. (At least I think.)

Thank you for being patient with Unbound.

EDIT: Please note that I'm only a beta tester. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, so who knows. I haven't seen any of the mod leaders in what seems like decades.

Last edited:

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
I guess I'll try to give you an answer. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Here goes...

All right, so first off: Yeah, Unbound is made so you can just put it on your SD card and plug it in your Wii/Wii U. As is most PM mods.

Shadow was in a beta at one point, but he was cut due to issues. I doubt he'll make a return. Sorry.

Wii U characters would be kinda hard, no? Although I have no modding knowledge, I can imagine making copying movesets from Smash U would be hard as all hell. Rosalina would take god knows how long, and don't even start on Ryu. Maybe eventually in the future they'll be done. But for now, that's a no. (At least I think.)

EDIT: Please note that I'm only a beta tester. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, so who knows. I haven't seen any of the mod leaders in what seems like decades.
May i ask what kind of issues were there regarding shadow? Because ive found a youtuber who has him added in unbound 0.3 and it works fine (at least in training and vs cpu) . Animation textures everything looked fine. And yea i knoa, it was just logical to me that if u take requests, that would be the first ones to work on. Little mac and megaman psas are getting worked on and they get updates rly fast, i agree bout rosalina and ryu, but for the rest i dont think itll be to hard. Trust me, without shadow in unbound many ppl will get sad / mad because thats huge potential wasted. Anyway, thanks for giving me answers. Ill wait paitently for updates and for Shadow. Someday, hell be avaiable. And if not from the unbound team then from someone else, and thats when youll regret havin stopped working on him. And with you i dont refer to you directly. Have a nice day :)

Sirkura

Smash Cadet

Key word here is "interest." Any character from Wii U could probably be ported back with some clever coding and PSA tricks, but the question is whether the developers have the interest in putting that much work in. I will keep the BeX engine current to the best of my ability, (that includes making it compatible with new PM releases,) but these things generally take time. Once we axe the new stock code they added, it should be somewhat usable. the rest would be PSA work to get the cast fully compatible with BeX.

And you caan add 95% of all psa's on brawlvault to PM without ill effects. its really only if they something coded into their air dodge or something else wierd that makes them freeze. any shadow on the vault should be easy to add yourself. but if you want something balanced for PM you would have to wait for someone to be interested in making it.

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
Key word here is "interest." Any character from Wii U could probably be ported back with some clever coding and PSA tricks, but the question is whether the developers have the interest in putting that much work in. I will keep the BeX engine current to the best of my ability, (that includes making it compatible with new PM releases,) but these things generally take time. Once we axe the new stock code they added, it should be somewhat usable. the rest would be PSA work to get the cast fully compatible with BeX.

And you caan add 95% of all psa's on brawlvault to PM without ill effects. its really only if they something coded into their air dodge or something else wierd that makes them freeze. any shadow on the vault should be easy to add yourself. but if you want something balanced for PM you would have to wait for someone to be interested in making it.
Well sure i agree, as i said it only seems logical to me to concetrate on these characters more than others.
I sure want a balanced one, but i did not know i can add them to pm. If i just add for example mastaklos shadow to pm using brawlex sonic clone , will he have air dodge mechanics , L cancel and wavedash and so on? I wasnt aware that this can be easily done by myself. Are there any forums - videos explaining that to me / teach me how to do this?

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Well sure i agree, as i said it only seems logical to me to concetrate on these characters more than others.
I sure want a balanced one, but i did not know i can add them to pm. If i just add for example mastaklos shadow to pm using brawlex sonic clone , will he have air dodge mechanics , L cancel and wavedash and so on? I wasnt aware that this can be easily done by myself. Are there any forums - videos explaining that to me / teach me how to do this?
yep ^^ i think most people don't realise "PM PHYSICS" are coded into the data, its only damage, weight, speed, etc that need to be PSA'd in. melee air dodge, L cancel and such are all codes that are universal and affect all characters. clones included.

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
yep ^^ i think most people don't realise "PM PHYSICS" are coded into the data, its only damage, weight, speed, etc that need to be PSA'd in. melee air dodge, L cancel and such are all codes that are universal and affect all characters. clones included.
Is pm 3.6 compatible with brawlex or do i need to do sth specific to add a clone to it? Thanks alot dude, u got my hype up for playing now :D

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
3.6 will be fully compatible when i'm done. you can add and take clones just as easily as any other mod. we just have a freeze to iron out, but we are close.i'll update with a download when i'm done.

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
3.6 will be fully compatible when i'm done. you can add and take clones just as easily as any other mod. we just have a freeze to iron out, but we are close.i'll update with a download when i'm done.
Thats good news. But i seem not to get along with clones, since everytime i add anything happens to disturb my plan resulting in unnecassary work and freezing. And dong get me started on csp icons and sound adding, thats where all the magic happens like text blurry or all csp are dr. Mario or every stage is olimars tree stage. Oh and peachs medley in her final smash vanishes. That wraps up my top 5 issues when cloning. Many more which i wont mention. Would you be so kind to make a tut or text with instructions? I rly wanna get this to work and gl on gettin it to work. You guys are awesome :)

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
the best tutorials i think are here. if you have trouble with the clone engine i recommend commenting in the Ex thread.
Adding Clones:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

Adding Cosmetics:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73298.0

i recomend going manually thru the process. the clone tool is BUGGY AS EFF. lots of freezes tend to happen when it corrupts a file.

that should fix most of those. peaches medly is a known bug, its to do with BeX. i believe DK and D3's finals also have no music.

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
the best tutorials i think are here. if you have trouble with the clone engine i recommend commenting in the Ex thread.
Adding Clones:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

Adding Cosmetics:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73298.0

i recomend going manually thru the process. the clone tool is BUGGY AS EFF. lots of freezes tend to happen when it corrupts a file.

that should fix most of those. peaches medly is a known bug, its to do with BeX. i believe DK and D3's finals also have no music.
Thanks a lot, ill be sude to check that out asap (gotta sleep its 1:30 am here and i worked 8 hours till 22pm) Id love to learn more about hackin and sfuff so i can be able to support. Oh i just remembered 3 issues with clone tool. 1. Mass renaming my fighter files always fails with an error mesage . 2. Adding cosmetics via clone tool gives me errors sometimes, especially CSP and HUD name, and small name cant even be selected, any pic inserted in small name ends up in CSP name. 3. Reducing filesize, one guy did a tut on youtube where he clicked on reduce filesize of selchr.pac i think it was and he reduce it by 0.3 (changing csp of costumes into CMPR). When i click it it says alrdy reduced filesize but its on max and it doesnt give me the option to change to CMPR, only if i reduce them 1 by 1 manually if reduces filesize. Sorry for that huge text lol, thanks for your time.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
ITS DONE!! i'll post a link soon with a few notes attached. (things like credits and glitches i've found.)

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
ITS DONE!! i'll post a link soon with a few notes attached. (things like credits and glitches i've found.)
Thats good, a readme file with tut , glitches credit and so pls
I hope ive got my sonic cloned shadow in pm 3.6 soon
Also is there a way to combine it with pm unbound cuz i want pichu and lucina in too :)
Since u said now pm works i hope the same applies for unbound

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Yep, it appears to work without any horrible crashes. I'm going to see if I can get the stockfaces working properly, which shouldn't be too hard.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
:joyful:
OH MY GURD ITS DONE!!! Just a question, in the video there were no battle percentages. Was that just a mod that person did or is it a glitch? Can't wait to try this out later!!

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
Either im an idiot or there sth wrong. So i basically use the build of pm 3.6 (meaning id have a projectm folder at root) another in app and so on. Then i download this patch. In the readme is written: Copy all the file from ProjectM - pf into private - app - wii - rsbe - pf (dunno if that followup was right im not home atm) but i did it right at home. After that i copy every file from the patch into root of sd ( which replaces mewtwo and roy files in pf - fighter) and adds all the other neccessary files. Thats how i understand the readme file. But when i load pm and enter the CSS, many fighters are missing and the announcer calls mewtwo Lucas and after selectin a stage , i have ivysaur. Didnt have time to test someone else but im certain the same applies to other chars. Probably a mistake i made with file replacement. Someone able to help?

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
:joyful:
OH MY GURD ITS DONE!!! Just a question, in the video there were no battle percentages. Was that just a mod that person did or is it a glitch? Can't wait to try this out later!!
actually i'm pretty sure i just derped xD should be an easy fix, i just messed up one of the common files. but hey, that is why i release these betas. so people can find anything i missed. at least it doesn't crash.

Either im an idiot or there sth wrong. So i basically use the build of pm 3.6 (meaning id have a projectm folder at root) another in app and so on. Then i download this patch. In the readme is written: Copy all the file from ProjectM - pf into private - app - wii - rsbe - pf (dunno if that followup was right im not home atm) but i did it right at home. After that i copy every file from the patch into root of sd ( which replaces mewtwo and roy files in pf - fighter) and adds all the other neccessary files. Thats how i understand the readme file. But when i load pm and enter the CSS, many fighters are missing and the announcer calls mewtwo Lucas and after selectin a stage , i have ivysaur. Didnt have time to test someone else but im certain the same applies to other chars. Probably a mistake i made with file replacement. Someone able to help?
hmm sounds like you may have issues with the css.dat. i would steer clear of using PM's pokemon trainer. pm used a code to seperate the pokemon and currently in BEX its impossible to truely make them a stand alone. we will need to rebuild them from the ground up. anyway i'll repeat the instructions:

first download a clean PM from the website. next on your sd card make the folders in this order: (SD>private>wii>app>RSBE>PF} after that go into projectM>PF then copy all those files into the pf folder in private. after that just drop the patch files on the root of the SD card. make sure you get all the folders (both codes and private.) and replace all files. that shoud be it.

i'll fix the damage and menu issues later when i get a chance.

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
actually i'm pretty sure i just derped xD should be an easy fix, i just messed up one of the common files. but hey, that is why i release these betas. so people can find anything i missed. at least it doesn't crash.

hmm sounds like you may have issues with the css.dat. i would steer clear of using PM's pokemon trainer. pm used a code to seperate the pokemon and currently in BEX its impossible to truely make them a stand alone. we will need to rebuild them from the ground up. anyway i'll repeat the instructions:

first download a clean PM from the website. next on your sd card make the folders in this order: (SD>private>wii>app>RSBE>PF} after that go into projectM>PF then copy all those files into the pf folder in private. after that just drop the patch files on the root of the SD card. make sure you get all the folders (both codes and private.) and replace all files. that shoud be it.

i'll fix the damage and menu issues later when i get a chance.
All right, i think ive got the issue, thanks ima try this out asap. Also if u fix the problem with damage etc , do i need to replace everything or will it be 1 file to replace / download?

DestinyAwaits

Smash Rookie
Im certain the first step is to get minor bugs out like damage and icons, after these are done the beta will be scratched and an official version will be released. Soon after that unbound should resume and pm 3.6 unbound should be linked with brawlex ( ill call that unbound d,i,y). Thats when ill strike, get my shadow in there and play da game

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
pokemon are being fixed. stocks are being worked on. damage shoul be easy to fix i just need to find what i replaced when i lost them xD

Top Bottom