• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Two questions
Is it possible to download it now and does it work on a wii?
Yes and Yes. At least for Beta 0.2, the link can be found on the 1st page. Just download, drag all the contents to the root of your freshly made SD card, and enjoy!

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
One more question
Is it playable on a hackles wii? And thanks for getting back so fast

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
One more question
Is it playable on a hackles wii? And thanks for getting back so fast
Why isn't the website working?
Hmm... well the website seems to be working... not sure where the issue is that you found. Also no, we are working on a hackless version that will hopefully be released very soon. We are working tirelessly to get this next build out, so we hope you understand.

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Have you guys decided on the next character your going to work on?
I'm hoping for dark Samus

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
You guys should add Skull Kid. Hes a vey popular request.
Skull Kid would be pretty sweet.
Oooo skull kid never crossed my mind. He would be really cool.
That's something to put into consideration after we get the project stable and fully functional. Right now, we are focusing mainly on finishing Lucina (and possibly Chrom, since we have the original team leader of Lucina and Chrom on board) for our next build. We are always open to requests, but bear in mind that these builds are being built with an emphasis in quality. We will keep this in mind for the future

Last edited:

PM666

Smash Cadet
the added characters should be pichu, young link, shadow, knuckles, tails, some pokemon like hitmonchan, hitmonlee, blaziken! it would be great to add all these characters!!!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
the added characters should be pichu, young link, shadow, knuckles, tails, some pokemon like hitmonchan, hitmonlee, blaziken! it would be great to add all these characters!!!
Pichu's already in, and Lucina is currently being worked on. Other characters will be determined at a later point; no harm in making recommendations.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Does this mod support SDHC's above 2 GBs? I tried using it and it always boots into default Brawl.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Does this mod support SDHC's above 2 GBs? I tried using it and it always boots into default Brawl.
Soon, but not yet. We're using Project M basecode, which is not compatible with SDHC. I've heard word that this will be fixed in the latest update, so be patient while we work on this. It's best just to get a regular SD card, due to more mods being compatible and such.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
No, it's simply an older version. That was back in April, 2014, where the project was still rough. Smashboards has the most recent build, so don't worry about it. Jasgx's other username is Smashking64
Will this version still work?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Will this version still work?
Of course! But it's not as polished, nor as well-made as the recent version is. It does have a hackless version, so you can give it a shot if you like. Any and all bugs found in that version have most likely been fixed, so no need to complain. Go ahead and try it if you like

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Of course! But it's not as polished, nor as well-made as the recent version is. It does have a hackless version, so you can give it a shot if you like. Any and all bugs found in that version have most likely been fixed, so no need to complain. Go ahead and try it if you like
Cool is there a special way to start it up?

PM666

Smash Cadet
Pichu's already in, and Lucina is currently being worked on. Other characters will be determined at a later point; no harm in making recommendations.
Oh I know lol I was just suggesting some characters I believe would really fit into the smash universe and others would like to see in the scene

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
When you guys get Lucina back in, are you going to fix her hair? Not sure if it can even be fixed, but because Lucina has such long hair, unless you use the short-haired model, her hair flies through her back so it looks odd. I'd recommend just using the short haired masked version.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
When you guys get Lucina back in, are you going to fix her hair? Not sure if it can even be fixed, but because Lucina has such long hair, unless you use the short-haired model, her hair flies through her back so it looks odd. I'd recommend just using the short haired masked version.
That's either due to the physics engine (which we can't fix), or an animation glitch (which we can, but it would take a great deal of time that we'd rather put towards the PSA and move animations). If it's the latter, we'll check it out and probably work on it before her release. If not, then it is what it is. We did not design or produce the original model, so all credit goes to the original artist who worked on her model, as well as all the faults. We'll look into it, thanks for pointing that out!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Nice work you all I know a lot of hours were sacrificed to make this work at the level it is.
Well thank you! It's a rarity to see compliments on this thread; We appreciate that! Hopefully you keep up with the progress as it becomes even more polished

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been asked, but does this work on dolphin? And if so, what are the settings needed?
It does, all you need is the Dolphin SD card maker, and a program to edit the fake SD (like WinImage).

From there, make a 2GB Card, extract the contents of the file you downloaded, and place them in the root of the fake SD.

Then all you need to do is make Brawl your default ISO in Dolphin, and instead of opening the ISO, choose open file, and look for the .elf file to launch Gecko.

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
It was already confirmed that Shadow Waluigi and Skull Kid are going to be added to the game when their psas are ready.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
It does, all you need is the Dolphin SD card maker, and a program to edit the fake SD (like WinImage).

From there, make a 2GB Card, extract the contents of the file you downloaded, and place them in the root of the fake SD.

Then all you need to do is make Brawl your default ISO in Dolphin, and instead of opening the ISO, choose open file, and look for the .elf file to launch Gecko.
Ohh thanks! Done that already and even change the settings to axnextframe and the extra characters aren't showing, also off-topic here but just going to say that France is always the best girl (Your avatar!)

Does anyone know a solution of a guide to which I look up to see if I'm missing something obvious? I get the feeling I am haha.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
does anyone know how to work with the brawl ex cbliss effect cause i cant figure it out :(

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
also guys sdhc cards and sd cards over 2gb will be supported in the next update

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
can i maybe request this character https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2OvlNoqPnU ?
i would add him to this other build i have of another mod pack if i knew how to add the alloys to my roster i only want to add the red alloy so i can have this character but i dont know how to add the alloys ( most specifically the red alloy) the character is Master Hand

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
The problem with alloys is that they don't have a shield and some other attacks so I didn't add them
Haven't u noticed that while playing 100 man brawl
The alloys shield problem will cause the game to freeze if used

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Kurth how bout joining the team and edit costumes :D

PM666

Smash Cadet
I cannot wait to play the next release. When do you guys think it will be released? Also and great job you guys are doing with this, adding characters to an already almost perfect mod. Keep up the good work. Also if you need a playtester/cosmetic work done dont hesitate to ask

Top Bottom