• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I have two suggestions for this mod
One being please don't add characters that didn't originate from a video game series and the characters should have been on a nintendo console at least once. So I would strongly recommend not putting in characters like Spider-Man, goku, dead pool etc.
And the other one is just a character that I would love to see and that would be Wind Waker Link with his own moves set. It would be really easy regarding his character model since you wouldn't have to make a new character model, but I would love for him to have his own moveset like up special being the deku leaf either side special or down special being the skull hammer etc.

Epitaph_

Smash Rookie
One being please don't add characters that didn't originate from a video game series and the characters should have been on a nintendo console at least once. So I would strongly recommend not putting in characters like Spider-Man, goku, dead pool etc.
I agree (personally).

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
And the other one is just a character that I would love to see and that would be Wind Waker Link with his own moves set. It would be really easy regarding his character model since you wouldn't have to make a new character model, but I would love for him to have his own moveset like up special being the deku leaf either side special or down special being the skull hammer etc.
Wasn't plannin on making it a mugen

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Only characters that fit into this game will go in

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
The problem with alloys is that they don't have a shield and some other attacks so I didn't add them
Haven't u noticed that while playing 100 man brawl
The alloys shield problem will cause the game to freeze if used
ok and no i had not noticed that hmm... gotta think of new way to add master hand then hmm...:confused:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
oh ok so your saying only characters that would fit in like maybe the characters that didn't make it from melee to brawl you might consider cause i already know Pichu and i am guessing with it being Project M Roy and Mewtwo will be in already so that would leave Young Link and Dr. Mario

Edit: or maybe some of the characters that are new like from Smash 4 like Little Mac or Megaman or Pacman (if there was a PSA for him anyways :()

Last edited:

Seaa

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just tried installing this mod.

I used the project M file and dragged the rest of the folders to the nonSDHC SD card and it isn't working for me. Is it because I had custom skins added to my PM?

I noticed in Custom Stages, it had a "0" next to my SD card, though my Wii said I had one in. Is that a problem?
I'm going to try again without the custom skins. I just wanted to ask.

Thanks!

P.S.
For added characters I say start with the ones that the Super Smash Bros Flash 2 are using:
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-flash-2-v0-9b-coming-tonight-isaac-teased.362254/ But I'm sure you Devs have already thought of that. Thanks again for the hard work, much appreciated

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Hey, I just tried installing this mod.

I used the project M file and dragged the rest of the folders to the nonSDHC SD card and it isn't working for me. Is it because I had custom skins added to my PM?

I noticed in Custom Stages, it had a "0" next to my SD card, though my Wii said I had one in. Is that a problem?
I'm going to try again without the custom skins. I just wanted to ask.

Thanks!

P.S.
For added characters I say start with the ones that the Super Smash Bros Flash 2 are using:
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-flash-2-v0-9b-coming-tonight-isaac-teased.362254/ But I'm sure you Devs have already thought of that. Thanks again for the hard work, much appreciated
This mod uses the pf folder, not the ProjectM folder. We recommend removing all custom brawl files before installing; just to avoid any unnecessary conflicts with existing files and folders. Hope it works out for ya!

Seaa

Smash Rookie
This mod uses the pf folder, not the ProjectM folder. We recommend removing all custom brawl files before installing; just to avoid any unnecessary conflicts with existing files and folders. Hope it works out for ya!
So I need to take out the project m folder, but keep the pf folder...? got it!

edit: did not work. I used the pf file from nohomebrew and put it in the same area where the other files were. any idea?

Last edited:

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Most of those characters that are in smash flash are good but I would advise against using goku, naruto etc

Seaa

Smash Rookie
Most of those characters that are in smash flash are good but I would advise against using goku, naruto etc
but it's project unbound, not bound to just nintendo characters. and Goku, Naruto, and Ichigo are icons.

Last edited:

Epitaph_

Smash Rookie
BelowZer0:

but it's project unbound, not bound to just nintendo characters. and Goku, Naruto, and Ichigo are icons.
He already said he wouldn't be making it a mugen and that only characters that would fit into the game would go in.

Last edited:

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
What I got
What I got out of unbound was that the roster count has no boundaries, but that doesn't mean anime characters should be In The game

Seaa

Smash Rookie
What I got

What I got out of unbound was that the roster count has no boundaries, but that doesn't mean anime characters should be In The game
He already said he wouldn't be making it a mugen and that only characters that would fit into the game would go in.
Mmm, I feel you. Now I understand.

Can anyone send me a screenshot of what their SD looks like? Sorry, but I just do not know what I'm doin wrong. o.O

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Mmm, I feel you. Now I understand.

Can anyone send me a screenshot of what their SD looks like? Sorry, but I just do not know what I'm doin wrong. o.O
Just drag all the files from the folder to the root of your SD card, then overwrite any existing files. Make sure you set the hooktype for gecko to AXNextFrame, and you should be ok. If you're using hackless, we won't be releasing a hackless version until 0.3 is released.

Seaa

Smash Rookie
Just drag all the files from the folder to the root of your SD card, then overwrite any existing files. Make sure you set the hooktype for gecko to AXNextFrame, and you should be ok. If you're using hackless, we won't be releasing a hackless version until 0.3 is released.
Oh, Otay. It's because I'm using hackless. I could've sworn I saw you already released a hackless version. 'pprece.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Otay. It's because I'm using hackless. I could've sworn I saw you already released a hackless version. 'pprece.
Yes. There was a hackless but that was before they started polishing it when the characters were just added in. Now it's being polished to where the character have a Project M kinda of feel to them instead of just being added to were they might of had a Brawl-ish feel to them or something like that.

[TLoZ]Link

Smash Rookie
I have added in all alternative costumes :).
In other words,
All alternative costumes from Project M are now compatible in the next release!

Last edited:

PM666

Smash Cadet
Which sawndz files are for Pichu, Mewtwo and Roy? i tried adding the announcer calls for mewtwo and roy from PM but i believe they arent the same, mewtwos and roys are 323 and 325 but i replaced them and the announcer calls are still marth and lucario any help? Also need to know the sawndz files for their moveset sounds aswell, thank you

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Which sawndz files are for Pichu, Mewtwo and Roy? i tried adding the announcer calls for mewtwo and roy from PM but i believe they arent the same, mewtwos and roys are 323 and 325 but i replaced them and the announcer calls are still marth and lucario any help? Also need to know the sawndz files for their moveset sounds aswell, thank you
No need; all of this has been fixed. We will be releasing the update as soon as we feel up-to-snuff. Unfortunately, the clone files are different than P:M's vanilla configurations for the .sawndz files, so we had to do some work that we can't provide with a patch. No need to concern yourself over the sound department

PM666

Smash Cadet
No need; all of this has been fixed. We will be releasing the update as soon as we feel up-to-snuff. Unfortunately, the clone files are different than P:M's vanilla configurations for the .sawndz files, so we had to do some work that we can't provide with a patch. No need to concern yourself over the sound department
Ahhh fantastic! Thank you for your guys hard work and dedication to making an already great mod even better!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Have any of you considered using some of the few P:M compatible PSAs like the nostalgia/SSB:AS PSAs but under a different nintendo character who could believably use the moveset?

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Is there any time frame on when the hackless version will be released? If not i understand. I appreciate all of your hard work guys!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Is it possible to add in other PSA's as extra characters myself to this build? Say I wanted to add this Dark Samus:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203793

Could I? If I can, how do I go about it?
You could. It's not insanely difficult; just look for tutorials on the brawlex engine! However, adding extra cosmetic details, sound effects, and other important pieces of making it a complete character takes time and effort. If you don't mind using other character's costume slots and sounds, then by all means go ahead

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
You could. It's not insanely difficult; just look for tutorials on the brawlex engine! However, adding extra cosmetic details, sound effects, and other important pieces of making it a complete character takes time and effort. If you don't mind using other character's costume slots and sounds, then by all means go ahead
is your avatar a new recolor for Lucina in Unbound?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
is your avatar a new recolor for Lucina in Unbound?
Clever man. Yes, I sometimes change my profile picture as a teaser for what's to come (at least for the profile images). This is the 1st recolor done so far, we will have more coming along with beta 0.3 (I may or may not use it as a profile image; keep it a surprise).

PM666

Smash Cadet
I was wondering what on pichus pac files were edited to make him fit in project m better.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I was wondering what on pichus pac files were edited to make him fit in project m better.
Plenty. Mostly modifying the hitbox structures, placement, knockback, knockback growth, and timing really made the difference. His weight, gravity, fastfall speed, size, and more were also tweaked to better fit in with the scale of the cast! More was done to ensure his compatibility with the rest of the cast, but it's a bit technical and boring, so I'll leave that to the player on how they like the changes made.

PM666

Smash Cadet
Plenty. Mostly modifying the hitbox structures, placement, knockback, knockback growth, and timing really made the difference. His weight, gravity, fastfall speed, size, and more were also tweaked to better fit in with the scale of the cast! More was done to ensure his compatibility with the rest of the cast, but it's a bit technical and boring, so I'll leave that to the player on how they like the changes made.
I only ask because I wanna start editing already finished psas and make them project m worthy

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
I have to say me and my friend enjoy pichu immensely and he is a most welcome edition to the cast, despite well, the fact that he is pichu and hurts himself.

Can't wait for the L-canceling code to get properly implemented. Good work guys!

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
i finished hackless so for u hackless users out there get ready

Top Bottom