• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I have to say me and my friend enjoy pichu immensely and he is a most welcome edition to the cast, despite well, the fact that he is pichu and hurts himself.

Can't wait for the L-canceling code to get properly implemented. Good work guys!
Many thanks man! Yeah we are working our hardest to eliminate every issue with the BrawlEX engine, but unfortunately the L-cancel issue will not go away so soon. 0.3 is expected to have that, so in compensation all end lag has been cut in half. We will be working our hardest for the next build to provide a fully functional, tournament standards build of Unbound! Glad to see you are enjoying Pichu!

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Many thanks man! Yeah we are working our hardest to eliminate every issue with the BrawlEX engine, but unfortunately the L-cancel issue will not go away so soon. 0.3 is expected to have that, so in compensation all end lag has been cut in half. We will be working our hardest for the next build to provide a fully functional, tournament standards build of Unbound! Glad to see you are enjoying Pichu!
Since you say that does that mean roy and mewtwo will get half end lag because they are affected by the inability to l-cancel

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Since you say that does that mean roy and mewtwo will get half end lag because they are affected by the inability to l-cancel
Yes, they will as well. It still feels natural, but it's not quite the same. It's a shame, but that's how it has to be until we can figure out this bug

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Where do you download hackless
Oh, I thought you meant that the hackless version would fix it, lol. I assumed that the hackless was in the OP or something.

@ SmashAmass SmashAmass This probably isn't a bug or glitch, but why does Pichu's U-Tilt and U-Grab have so much knockback?

Last edited:

Zazen Noir

Smash Rookie
Good evening. I'm new on smashboards, and new to hack stuff. I tried to install this mod that got me very excited but I can't make it work. Does this support sdhc?
Thank you for reading me.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
We gotta fix bugs and make sure everythings ok before we send it out

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Oh, I thought you meant that the hackless version would fix it, lol. I assumed that the hackless was in the OP or something.

@ SmashAmass SmashAmass This probably isn't a bug or glitch, but why does Pichu's U-Tilt and U-Grab have so much knockback?
This was a design choice that I made. I might change this back; depending on how I feel his playstyle flows, but I personally like his Utilt a lot. His UThrow will most likely be tweaked alongside a majority of other changes coming in 0.3! Look forward to that

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This was a design choice that I made. I might change this back; depending on how I feel his playstyle flows, but I personally like his Utilt a lot. His UThrow will most likely be tweaked alongside a majority of other changes coming in 0.3! Look forward to that
I'm okay with large knockback, but it might need a bit of balancing. When using U-Tilt and U-Throw on 0%, it sends people so high that it seems like it's not supposed to be there.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm okay with large knockback, but it might need a bit of balancing. When using U-Tilt and U-Throw on 0%, it sends people so high that it seems like it's not supposed to be there.
It's not necessarily unbalanced per-say, but it is unnatural. I will be tweaking this; thanks for pointing that out.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
when will the next update come out and how will I install it (I use hackless project M)
Whenever it does man. There's a lot on the to-do list, and we're certainly working our hardest to complete it. We will let you know if there are any major timeframes to look out for. Until then, hang tight! We want to provide the best possible quality for this release

Kes

Smash Cadet
I'm using Beta 1 still, since Beta 2 doesn't have Hackless. Is it possible to use things like cBliss and the CEP Stage Expansion with Unbound or are they incompatible?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm using Beta 1 still, since Beta 2 doesn't have Hackless. Is it possible to use things like cBliss and the CEP Stage Expansion with Unbound or are they incompatible?
While I do not work in that department, it is possible to do that. We'll have all alt. costumes available for this build!

Kes

Smash Cadet
While I do not work in that department, it is possible to do that. We'll have all alt. costumes available for this build!
I tried using Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool to expand Zelda and Sheik to 10 costume slots, and copied over my costumes/portraits/etc from my personal build, but it didn't seem to expand her costume slots at all. My costumes for her default slots (Palutena over green for example) worked just fine, but extra costumes (Megurine Luka) didn't appear on the CSS.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I tried using Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool to expand Zelda and Sheik to 10 costume slots, and copied over my costumes/portraits/etc from my personal build, but it didn't seem to expand her costume slots at all. My costumes for her default slots (Palutena over green for example) worked just fine, but extra costumes (Megurine Luka) didn't appear on the CSS.
Well there are tutorials out there to work with Cbliss, but for the most part all editing on BrawlEX has to be done manually. I wish I could help, but that's out of my department. Sorry man :/

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Cbliss does not work with the brawl ex clone engine but adjust a fighter file you can recieve the same effect as cbliss.

In example:
In the if you open the Mario fighter config file
you can tick how many costumes you want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom