• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Just leave Pika with his QA tricksies and I'd be happy. Hes pretty fun in every game with hitstun as far as I've seen.

If anything, a lot of kill moves just need to buffed in general if you want it to be more like Melee. People just DI up and recover in this game, though hopefully the new physics already sort of remedy that.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Ofcourse Pika is keeping his QA tricks. That's what makes his character more interesting and tech based. N64 Bair is sexy. :D

mercy

Smash Apprentice
It sure would be nice to be able to grab out of a QA, however I know thats Brawl- terrritory.

I'm just saying...

Bandit

Smash Lord
well...I saw Zelda beat Falco and own sheik...it's depressing/bad for the PM community do have zelda winning every match for 40 minutes.
Zelda has just taken to the new physics really well while her moveset now all works properly (it's nearly identical to Melee only opponents don't just fall out of her moves). I've also played her exclusively in every iteration of smash she is in (Melee, Brawl, Brawl+, Project: M) so I know her extremely well.

@Shanus, I think she plays extremely well and smooth. Moves flow together and she can be offensive (wow, didn't think that was possible).

I'm just disappointed I only landed 1 or 2 sweetspotted grounded dairs. I love that change.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ No. Just no.

She's not uberly better than she was in Melee simply because people aren't falling out of her usmash. There are soooo many more reasons than that.

It doesn't matter though. We're not at the balance phase yet.

Bandit

Smash Lord
That was simply an example. Read the message and not the example.

Whatever. I was only responding to the Zelda hate anyway... everyone gets all butt hurt when you talk about Melee.

matt4300

Smash Ace
That was simply an example. Read the message and not the example.

Whatever. I was only responding to the Zelda hate anyway... everyone gets all butt hurt when you talk about Melee.
Just a guess, but wouldnt zeldas fireballz be crazy broken if recoverys are worse and you only get one air dodge? The do about as much as a smash attack and stop your momentum aswell.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You can still attack through them with a sufficiently strong aerial, I believe.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
This project sounds quite amusing, however I do have a few questions to ask.

Will Yoshi/Ness's DJC in this work like in B+ where you can avoid accidental DJCs by holding the jump button?

Will L-canceling be able to be done with R as well?

Will the character list be similar to Brawl+ where you can select the individual character forms, namely individual Pokemon without the forced switch and stamina factor.

And lastly, will the project try to have extra characters in the selection screen as I've seen certain brawl hacks have the wire frames, namely for purpose of move set hacks? (at least I think i've seen similar to this.)

And last question, will there be a site for this similar to the Brawl+ site?

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Not possible yet, but maybe.
  • Maybe.
This project has my approval, not that that really means anything. I look forward to seeing this project when/if it enters the public beta stages.

Though I kind of dislike the idea of bringing Falco's melee reflector back, rather liked being able to kick it around as it seemed so bad ***, quite like the way it works in B+ as you can turn it into a pretty mean tech chase with D-air if you read well. Then again, don't really play Falco much outside of getting him on Random.

On another note, chain grabbing, is it going to be in there still? Particularly ones that can effectively lock you down fully such as grab release can usually do to Wario in vanilla, as it rather ruins the fun when it turns into a "get hit with this relatively easy thing to get hit by and you're screwed"

jalued

Smash Lord
On another note, chain grabbing, is it going to be in there still? Particularly ones that can effectively lock you down fully such as grab release can usually do to Wario in vanilla, as it rather ruins a good fight when it turns into a "get hit with this relatively easy thing to get hit by and you're screwed"
DI related chaingrabs will still be in, like ganons dthrow etc. however all unescapable "chainthrows" have been removed in b+ already

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
you guys should try to get ahold of players like vanz blackanese and sylven who were very open to brawl+ and also been around for melee since like 06 n 07

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You can still attack through them with a sufficiently strong aerial, I believe.
Not every character has a good aerial for this, and even the ones that do just don't always have the opportunity to do so without killing themselves in the current gravity. While recovering, more often than not, the best option is just to get hit, even though it tends to combo into her omgwtf kills moves.

I really hope we can at least make the hitbox smaller.

This move makes me go...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Will L-canceling be able to be done with R as well?
Just posting to point out that the "L" in Lcancel means "Lag", not the shoulder button. In Melee, you can L-cancel with L, R, or Z.

So in 64, you can L-Cancel, but most people call in Z-Cancel.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Just posting to point out that the "L" in Lcancel means "Lag", not the shoulder button. In Melee, you can L-cancel with L, R, or Z.

So in 64, you can L-Cancel, but most people call in Z-Cancel.
never knew this, always assumed it was just L trigger, that would have made DJC in melee so much more tolerable with Yoshi. :p

DI related chaingrabs will still be in, like ganons dthrow etc. however all unescapable "chainthrows" have been removed in b+ already
Excellent, what about grab release though? Hadn't really bothered with it in B+ and lack a Wii at my current location.

[*]Hitstun at a value between brawl and brawl+
[*]No air dodging while in tumble
[*]Removal of sideB autosnapping the edges
[*]All other Brawl+ changes
After looking once again, i do disaprove o one thign, and that's the tumble, nothing ticked me off more in melee than to get hit by something stupidly weak as yoshi and go into a tumble thus unable to recover at all, would it be possible to have tumble not work on characters like this that lack special recovery or is such a thing already in consideration?

Also, auto snap, i like the removal of this but would it be possible to create a manual snap trigger for certain characters that can get gimped by pitiful things now thanks to the lack of auto snap such as Yoshi?

jalued

Smash Lord
Excellent, what abotu grab release though? hadnt really bothered with it in B+ and currently lack a Wii at my current location.

After looking once again, i do disaprove o one thign, and that's the tumble, nothing ticked me off more in melee than to get hit by something stupidly weak as yoshi and go into a tumble thus unable to recover at all, would it be possible to have tumble not work on characters like this that lack special recovery or is such a thing already in consideration?

Also, auto snap, i like the removal of this but would it be possible to create a manual snap trigger for certain characters that can get gimped by pitiful things now thanks to the lack of auto snap such as Yoshi?
tumble made all the best combos possible, allowed for juggling, and tbh yoshi's recovery was just rubbish in melee. Its much better now anyway

you can jump and attack out of tumble anyay, and yoshi wont auto DJC if u hold jump

all grab releases are out too

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
tumble made all the best combos possible, allowed for juggling, and tbh yoshi's recovery was just rubbish in melee. Its much better now anyway

all grab releases are out too
Really in Melee, yoshi's recovery was decent in melee, just fire it as someone tries you gimp you to eat it and keep going, unless of course they had it in their head that you couldn't really gimp Yoshi in the early frames of his jump animation unless you hit relatively hard. But then came the issue near the ledge when you'd get poked and you know... be missing your recovery. x_x

I'm all for having when he gets hit his double jump returns(or perhaps a slightly diminished version is refreshed?), but that might be a little broken, just ignore my wishfull thinking. :)

jalued

Smash Lord
Really in Melee, yoshi's recovery was decent in melee, just fire it as someone tries you gimp you to eat it and keep going, unless of course they had it in their head that you couldn't really gimp Yoshi in the early frames of his jump animation unless you hit relatively hard. But then came the issue near the ledge when you'd get poked and you know... be missing your recovery. x_x

I'm all for having when he gets hit his double jump returns(or perhaps a slightly diminished version is refreshed?), but that might be a little broken, just ignore my wishfull thinking. :)
yoshis super armour in melee was very hit and miss, the djc was overall a nerf to him as it meant he couldnt defend himself when recovering, plus he didnt have his upB boost ala brawl.

yoshi will be very good in project M, i guarantee it

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
yoshis super armour in melee was very hit and miss, the djc was overall a nerf to him as it meant he couldnt defend himself when recovering, plus he didnt have his upB boost ala brawl.

yoshi will be very good in project M, i guarantee it
Honestly, form 64 to bralw i've seen Yoshi as a middle ground character, had some wonky tricks that otehr characters couldn't quite match yet not quite broken. 'cept maybe in 64 when a lot of people were broken, DJC d-air > DJC d-air > DJC d-air > rinse and repeat 'til you feel like killing them. xD

Namely it's his movement I've always liked, he's nice and mobile with excellent control. Sure if you get him off stage usually he's kinda screwed but it wasn't exactly easy to get a smart yoshi player off the stage in the first place as he could very easily be one moment kinda trying to eat your face and the next be way the hell over there.

Will be kind of happy to have wavedashing back, made a great defensive tool for him as you could toss eggs while keeping the sliding momentum. But at the same time I'm neutral to this as there were quite a few people I played that absolutely couldn't(or just didn't want to) do it despite being relatively good players, thus made me feel kinda cheap when I used it.

jalued

Smash Lord
Will be kind of happy to have wavedashing back, made a great defensive tool for him as you could toss eggs while keeping the sliding momentum. But at the same time I'm neutral to this as there were quite a few people I played that absolutely couldn't(or just didn't want to) do it despite being relatively good players, thus made me feel kinda cheap when I used it.
WDing opens up the game massively, find better opponents :p

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
WDing opens up the game massively, find better opponents :p
Really, that's why I prefer brawl to melee, don't live close to any of my IRL friends anymore so don't get to hang out quite as often. Despite the skill gap they're a fun bunch to play against, especially when they get ya laughing so hard at the most absolute random thing you can't really see straight, yet alone play. xD

That and again I was Yoshi, wavedashing wasn't really a center point to his playstyle, even for edge hogging you could just run off and egg toss at the ledge to snap to it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Bring your friends to tournaments, get killed by really good players, come back home and play much better than before.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Bring your friends to tournaments, get killed by really good players, come back home and play much better than before.
Meh, tried that, didn't even like it myself, Yoshi wasn't quite amazing under tournament conditions and in melee he was really the only character I didn't suck with, Sheik being a decent second but never liked CGing so was maybe 1/2 as good as what I could have been with her, and didn't really know how to defend against waveshine and marth with her short of poking at them with b-airs which would more often than not end up getting shield grabbed.

That and in tournament play it always seemed like I'd fight the same matches over... and over... and OVER again. Was really lame when i fougth a ness player that figured out how to bug the hitbox on his u-smash so that it stayed there and kept that hitbox between me and him most of the fight, he even setup 2-3 more as i recall makign it impossible to approach him so had to kinda camp which i dislike doing, I remember hitting the time limit but forget what happened after that, was about 3 years ago at an Anime/Gamign convention I had the pleasure of attending.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That and again I was Yoshi, wavedashing wasn't really a center point to his playstyle, even for edge hogging you could just run off and egg toss at the ledge to snap to it.
You didn't even need to egg toss. Yoshi was the only character in Melee that could instantly snap the ledge from a full run, thanks to his unique double jump which could change his direction and snap at the beginning.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Meh, tried that, didn't even like it myself, Yoshi wasn't quite amazing under tournament conditions and in melee he was really the only character I didn't suck with, Sheik being a decent second but never liked CGing so was maybe 1/2 as good as what I could have been with her, and didn't really know how to defend against waveshine and marth with her short of poking at them with b-airs which would more often than not end up getting shield grabbed.

That and in tournament play it always seemed like I'd fight the same matches over... and over... and OVER again. Was really lame when i fougth a ness player that figured out how to bug the hitbox on his u-smash so that it stayed there and kept that hitbox between me and him most of the fight, he even setup 2-3 more as i recall makign it impossible to approach him so had to kinda camp which i dislike doing, I remember hitting the time limit but forget what happened after that, was about 3 years ago at an Anime/Gamign convention I had the pleasure of attending.
The Metagame of Melee changes every 6 months at max. I'm sure that things are much different now. like Jiggs and Peach can win tournaments for example LOL. You sound like more of a casual free for all player. Nothing wrong with it it just means your looking at this from a different point of view. Assuming this game ends up to heavy for you then you could always just play brawl. I say that with no animosity. Its just that considering your situation it might be better for you. I mean playing smash competitively is like Joining the Military. It's not for everyone.

D

Deleted member

The Metagame of Melee changes every 6 months at max. I'm sure that things are much different now. like Jiggs and Peach can win tournaments for example LOL. You sound like more of a casual free for all player. Nothing wrong with it it just means your looking at this from a different point of view. Assuming this game ends up to heavy for you then you could always just play brawl. I say that with no animosity. Its just that considering your situation it might be better for you. I mean playing smash competitively is like Joining the Military. It's not for everyone.
lol.

Shiek would like to have a word with you

First tier list (October 8, 2002)
4.9: Sheik

Second tier list (December 19, 2002)
2.2: Sheik

Third tier list (June 23, 2003)
Sheik

Oh hey look... more than 6 months...

Fourth tier list (July 1, 2003)
Sheik

Fifth tier list (September 29, 2003)
Sheik

Sixth tier list (March 31, 2004)
Sheik

Seventh tier list (March 19, 2005)
Sheik

The metagame will develop however fast it develops.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol.

Shiek would like to have a word with you

First tier list (October 8, 2002)
4.9: Sheik

Second tier list (December 19, 2002)
2.2: Sheik

Third tier list (June 23, 2003)
Sheik

Oh hey look... more than 6 months...

Fourth tier list (July 1, 2003)
Sheik

Fifth tier list (September 29, 2003)
Sheik

Sixth tier list (March 31, 2004)
Sheik

Seventh tier list (March 19, 2005)
Sheik

The metagame will develop however fast it develops.
Sheik doesn't = metagame.....as in overall. :ohwell:

Ok, now show me where Sheik won tournys. Oh yeah, she didn't.
Sheik did win tournaments...before alot of new techniques come out...plus marth showed up. :chuckle:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
When did she win??? Lets see you have CJ, Amsah, and, ahhhhhh, KDJ, and, >_> ???

Don't forget about Jiggs, Chival. :laugh: *looks at Hbox vs Amsah*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom