• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Uhh so this may just be me being stupid, but has Falco always been able to reach the top platform of battlefield in one jump? It feels like it's higher now to me...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Go to sleep, folks. Traffic will die down in the morning. ¦D

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Wait I've been playing for about half an hour....so I'm one of the first to download it? Wow that feels weird lol. Anyways good work, I like everything I see! You continue to surprise me, and one of my best buds is in the pmbr, lol you guys are sneaky.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The sunset isn't pure red anymore. TVs with bad color basically made the stage unplayable... No longer an issue.

PMBR thinks of everything.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I managed to get the update before the website went down in flames (again)! :)
Anyway... I watched CPU Falco string together five shines! Twice! You guys are evil...

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
I'm having fun with Demo 2.6, trying to get used to some of the changes given to Sonic. I certainly understand the decision to nerf/tweak his Down B, but my mind can't seem to make itself up whether it was nerfed too much... Still, gotta find a use for it. Even without it, I'm enjoying his combo game all the same (and his new Up Taunt is too awesome for words, looking at the SEGA CD pose again). However, I've noticed some unfortunate quirks with this update:

1) Speaking of Sonic's new taunt, the white spot that usually accompanies his left iris doesn't follow said iris. Hardly noticeable during gameplay; I had to pause and zoom in to see it.

2) When using Meta Knight's tilted D-air, he starts up the animation, but goes into his T-Pose until the attack ends. That one's easily spotted, at least to me.

That's all I have to report for now. Thank you for releasing 2.6 and all of your hard work, PMBR!

iLink

Smash Champion
Wow Sonic's new downb is so...

Well looks like I won't be playing against sonics anymore :V

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Huge thanks to the PMBR dudes, every new version feels a bit like Melee release day all over again :)

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
in no particular order:

metaknight owns
the new lylat cruise owns
snake's new way of angling his usmash owns
life owns

also I know there's Threads for this but I s2g I can't find any, how the hell do you change the stage CSS I want to stick lylat cruise on the first page

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
in no particular order:

metaknight owns
the new lylat cruise owns
snake's new way of angling his usmash owns
life owns

also I know there's Threads for this but I s2g I can't find any, how the hell do you change the stage CSS I want to stick lylat cruise on the first page
You can angle it.... this is amazing... i gotta try that out first thing tomorrow :D

WIDL

We Are Born
I feel Metaknight is super clunky... or something. But I decided beforehand I wouldn't play him.

And Ike's nair. :( Oh well. Zero Suit and Snake seems like they're the same.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
ROB changes I've noticed
U-air has two hits now. Not sure if it changes the damage, idk, but multihit sounds like a bad thing if the first hit doesn't have the same high knockback, because more ASDI might come into play against it at some point. Might also be a good thing for easier hit confirms (which I don't think was an issue for the attack) but worse for easier DI, assuming the move has more total hitlag/time between hit and launch if you include the time between the two hits. I can't actually tell if it has more hitlag though since the timing for it feels the same.
back-air carries vertical momentum instead of canceling upward momentum, feels weird. It also seems to have more endlag. Seems worse, especially since it could autocancel quickly with a SH despite canceling upward jump momentum when the move came out.
Side-b seems like it's now in between 2.1 and 2.5 in how much vertical momentum it carries? Until this is confirmed I won't say anything about it.
Down-air might carry momentum from jumps differently, or give him less backward momentum, or could be my imagination from ROB getting so many other momentum changes.

Might be a plethora of more subtle changes I didn't notice, probably damage changes especially. But thank IKE we nerfed him amirite

Ganon's new utilt is awesome, but he still doesn't use a sword 0/10 would not bang
don't care about ike anymore so I don't even know if I should complain about nair or be happy about nair
metaknight is pretty cool, I'm glad he's a (semi?) fast faller and that his recovery is only okay and not pit-tier (seems that way atleast, but I just suck as him probs)
link's new rang throw animation looks weird, guess it's supposed to look like the 64 one but I never liked that one but idc because I don't play him
Lucas's new-old dair is better, new-old bair idk
Bowser's flame now gets shorter at it's minimum and stays that way longer (bowser OP duh)

Oh and I guess there were aesthetic changes but I'm not gonna complain about those
skyloft music now statics out to dreamland music, bottom tier
That's everything I noticed. Got lucky with a good download almost immediately when it was announced ha

PMBR I got a corrupted download because this doesn't have turbo mode. Which is finished and therefore is available in this demo because that's what any sane person woud do to make up for all these low tier nerfs even though it wouldn't work

Kati

Smash Lord
..? doesn't "staticing out" just mean you have to defrag your card? Also, how long have you been into playing Rob?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
..? doesn't "staticing out" just mean you have to defrag your card? Also, how long have you been into playing Rob?
static part was a joke
can't remember when I started playing ROB, because that was back in my brawl days shudder but I've been playing him since I started playing project m which was like a month after demo 2.0 came out. I've only been playing as a main since about 2.1 though, give or take, he was only like a tertiary before

****ing post failures why smashboards why do I have to wait 23 second

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm too tired for this, man
does metaknight have a decent DACUS, I can't tell and also my reaction skills are currently not conscious enough to do it if so

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Pretty sure he's got a 3 frame jumpstart, I'll go check if he even has a DACUS tho
edit: yep 3 frame jumpstart and no DACUS

OMG dancing around with his empty down-b is so much fun it almost feels like mewtwo's teleport, except with less invincibility, slower, less reach but trading off for a strong hit or kinda-of free fall ending option. Why doesn't P:M have more moves like this???

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Something feels a bit peculiar when I WD around and sometimes don't get the WD and just jump

Overall I want to say great job with everything. I only wish Diddy's Smash input for Far side-b was less strict
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytnZeqDbEtI

I greatly appreciate light press air dodge still existing, and Buffer being kept for the Wifi build.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
which character? they may have increased his jumpstart length. I had that issue going from Metaknight to ROB because there's a one frame difference there lol. maybe you tried metaknight first and had that issue switching to a 4 or 5 frame jumpstart character?

ugh why do i have to wait to post swf
for ****'s sake that's like five times i've tried now

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
From the sounds of things knee-jerk reactions once again strike PM

how wonderful

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My reactions aren't only knee jerked but super sleep deprived but I believe them anyways lol: so yeah like most characters, I was gettin it with Marth/Falco/CF.

Also Ike's got 3 WJs now =o, and his side-b felt to have either the 2 frame JC restriction removed entirely or just changed somehow to not make him SD himself as easy (and metroid's forcing us all to use Nair more with it so fast makin crazy combos)

Pit's aerials look a bit more like Brawl now visually (also Up-smash weakned, Side-b has its IASA come later for ground use but even earlier for air use?, Down-b can't be ended as early, Up-b takes longer to end?) Also his arrows are different to control (WHY?/HOW?)

Sheik's up-air makes her go super slim more than 2.5?

CF's knee feels like it comes out later

Falcos dair felt weaker but its probably the same

Snake feels a lot more solid with his aerials

Is Marth's neutral-b different, and or the properties of it off ledges? Marth feels like he's lost mobility/maneuvering somehow, like his dash after a wavedash is all not gaining much momentum or something so he's no traversing the stage quick like he's got non-grip shoes on Ice

Lucas is broken

Also I always wondered, why do characters like Marth and Link sometimes have say their up-tilt lose the sword glow effect every few uses?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Can't wait for the changelist. I don't think I can be sure with anything on Lucario other than that really stylish new ftilt animation.

Sideb seems easier to use, though it might be that I was just trained with the 2.5b sideb to actually be careful when using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom