• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i've never watched it i have a folder full of screens though
should i watch it?

also mad it's from touhou i forgot which. like loading screen text i think.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
[19:48] <pmchat_776> NAIL! BRING ME PROJECT M 2.5
[19:48] <pmchat_945> But lord guru, we dont have a tv

I love you guys. You anonymous, hilarious folks.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i've never watched it i have a folder full of screens though
should i watch it?

holy **** yes

dude
lloool

i cant recommend this **** hard enough

its very lighthearted and makes me smile on the inside out
it has a unique humor that can be hit or miss, based on how much you enjoy the japanese and their culture, but even still give it a shot.

rifall

Smash Cadet
Would you mind making a dropbox account and making all 3 zips into 1 single zip and upload it to the dropbox account and then link that instead :awesome:?
That would be detrimental to my dropbox space since I backup my entire state of Project M on Dropbox. Which means I would have all of my music on there twice.

If I could upgrade my dropbox or mediafire account for a while, I'd happily put it into a single zip file for those who prefer to download it that way.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
What EULA? You mean the Wii Network one? The one that explicitly does not cover the Wii System Menu or any of the device that you purchased and own, as only services and not goods can be covered by a license? The Wii and its software content is not licensed, only the online services, as purchased goods are yours to do with as you please by law.
I hate to tell you this, but you're entirely wrong: all software, according to United States Copyright Law as per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, can be licensed. When you bought your copy of Brawl, you didn't buy the software, but a copy and a license to use the software as Nintendo deemed fit in their EULA, which is in the back of the Brawl manual (or rather, a portion of it is; it further links you to the general EULA on Nintendo's site, which covers all hardware and software use). Part of the issue in US Copyright Law right now is that EULAs destroy First Sale rights, but no one seems to care (or challenge it) in the US. So, yeah. Not to turn the thread into a copyright law discussion or anything, but I thought I should correct you:

No one here owns their copy of Brawl, unfortunately, which is also why backups can be breaches of EULAs under the DMCA, as well. Nintendo totally has the legal right and authority to tell you how to use their software, because it's still their IP and not yours. It sucks, but it's true.

Sails

Smash Ace
I hate to tell you this, but you're entirely wrong: all software, according to United States Copyright Law as per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, can be licensed. When you bought your copy of Brawl, you didn't buy the software, but a copy and a license to use the software as Nintendo deemed fit in their EULA, which is in the back of the Brawl manual (or rather, a portion of it is; it further links you to the general EULA on Nintendo's site, which covers all hardware and software use). Part of the issue in US Copyright Law right now is that EULAs destroy First Sale rights, but no one seems to care (or challenge it) in the US. So, yeah. Not to turn the thread into a copyright law discussion or anything, but I thought I should correct you:

No one here owns their copy of Brawl, unfortunately, which is also why backups can be breaches of EULAs under the DMCA, as well. Nintendo totally has the legal right and authority to tell you how to use their software, because it's still their IP and not yours. It sucks, but it's true.
You're wrong and I'm here to help you and the community realize that. Get the official PDF of the Brawl manual. Search license. It never says the game is licensed to you, and the only mention of a license is the EULA on one page that again explicitly states it only governs the Wii Online Play. If you go to the page here http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/gi_system.jsp?menu=documents that it links to, you then see the EULA which again explicilty states "Wii Network Services User Agreement (EULA)". You are not licensed the game nor the console. Nowhere does it state that the console or physical game software is licensed. There is a reason the console is covered by a warranty. That is because it's a good and not a service. Goods are protected and you own them. Services are not, that's why there are EULAs for them. The only instance of software being covered here is explained in the definitions portion under "content" which again explicitly states that the term "content" in this EULA is only applicable to downloaded software. As well, breaking a EULA is not illegal, and you are only bound to the actions stated in the EULA. The only action stated is "If we detect unauthorized software, services, or devices, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or the Wii Console or games may be unplayable." Nowhere does it state that by breaching this EULA in any shape or form will the action be deemed illegal. That's why they state the above. A EULA must specifically warn of legal action if a specific portion of it is broken for it to ever hold up in court. EULA breaching is not illegal. It's not a legal contract unless explicitly stated.

tl;dr - Modifying your Wii breaks the Wii Network Service EULA, your console is definitely not licensed and nor is your copy of Brawl, and the only action they have listed in the EULA is disabling modified content.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
You don't even have to even go near the EULA to homebrew stuff, either. I want to say where the EULA even is on the wii -- probably when you're going on the wii shop maybe? -- but I couldn't tell you, because I haven't seen one on the wii I've been using. And even if it did, then you're dealing with legal shenanigans on whether or not the EULA is even enforceable in the first place, which depends on where you live, the positioning of the moons of all planets in the solar system and whether or not the judge has had their coffee that day.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I find it funny that you'd link that as proof that Nintendo doesn't explicitly say that you don't have full ownership rights over the products you buy from them, considering Chapter 2 and Chapter 6, Articles 2 and 3, which explicitly say they apply not only to the Nintendo Network, but to the Wii Console and software (which includes game software), as well. Read those parts again and tell me how, exactly, you aren't breaking that agreement by using hacks (that's rhetorical, obviously).

Anyway, that's the last I'll say about it, in respect of the upcoming release of 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom