• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They just wanted to save the release for my birthday <3.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
This may sound dumb, but what is the importance of this demo? Was the release of the last demo this anticipated? Is this demo really close to the final release?

Either way, I'm hyped and I don't even own a copy of Brawl.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
Quick question, why are the final preparations for 2.5 being implemented on the day of release? I assumed everything has been ready and polished for at least a week now.
This. I can understand for the release of 1.0, frustrated for 2.0, and by 2.5 you guys should still not be doing this. Seems a bit unprofessional. And this mod is very professional.

But really I love you guys and everything you do. So appreciative, but frustrated and impatient.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
This. I can understand the for release of 1.0, frustrated for 2.0, and by 2.5 you guys should still not be doing this. Seems a bit unprofessional. And this mod is very professional.

But really I love you guys and everything you do. So appreciative, but frustrated and impatient.
I just don't get it because it would be so easy to just... name a different date.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I'm eternally grateful for the hard work and all but I'm just a little baffled at this Demo 1 and 2 repeat. Personally, I'd say hold off on announcing a new build until you guys are absolutely happy with the changes (and no further modifications are needed). I'd rather be kept in the dark then have hype built up to release date only be told that the game won't be made public until the last freakin' min (literally)....

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i really agree with the whole 'definitely finished by x date but released later than that' kinda thing

you shouldn't be working on something the day its supposed to come out

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
But guys, this is a hobby of theirs. It's not like they're being graded or paid or anything of the sort. It's not fair to hold them to those kinds of standards.

It's coming out within the next hour (or at least sometime while it's still dark), so let it sit, and it'll come out.

Ongbak

Smash Rookie
11: 00 now here on the pacific side. After monitoring this thread and constantly F5'ing the P:M page since early this morning, I think I'm finally gonna get some sleep. I gotta admit, I'm kind of disappointed, I was hoping to have been playing 2.5 for hours by now. Hopefully when I wake up it will be available.

And yes, I did just now make an account to say this. PEACE

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm just chillin man. I did Brawl hacks back in the days when we had to have someone burn a new DVD everytime we wanted to test something.

This is nothing.

I also might be intoxicated.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
But guys, this is a hobby of theirs. It's not like they're being graded or paid or anything of the sort. It's not fair to hold them to those kinds of standards.

It's coming out within the next hour (or at least sometime while it's still dark), so let it sit, and it'll come out.
I completely understand. It's out of their free will, time and money to do this. If they abide by their Dec. 28th schedule I'll be happy (which is like 52min from now lol). My point is, don't make your fans sit around for hours well into the night on release date.

Guy's are so impatient. lol
10 hours ago, this statement would've been totally legit.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
10$ says that they got annoyed by all the complaining, and are now just waiting for everyone to post that they're "finally going to bed" before releasing 2.5. :troll:

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
This may sound dumb, but what is the importance of this demo? Was the release of the last demo this anticipated? Is this demo really close to the final release?

Either way, I'm hyped and I don't even own a copy of Brawl.
More characters and it feels more like melee.

:phone:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

Honestly, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. I could care less if this was delayed for another month. Really, I could care less if it was cancelled entirely. But it just doesn't make sense to me to start dangling promises in front of fans if you aren't sure if it will be ready (yeah, I know there's still time, and even so it would just be a day, I'm sure). I don't think a release date for anything should ever be set unless you're entirely confident that you will have not only finished it by then, but there should be at least a couple weeks of wiggle room. If you are sure it will be done on the first, set the date for the 30th. If your done on early, great. Test it for a bit or surprise everyone with an early release.

It's like if I were to promise a homeless man a sandwich tomorrow at 7:00, and he waits for it and I don't show up. I think the homeless man would be pretty justified in being upset. Obviously that's more serious, but it demonstrates the point well enough.

And I know full-well that I could be very wrong. Maybe they were expecting to be done weeks ago and hit complications. Well, then either the communication needs to be better or they need to just be able to bite the bullet and delay releases. It's just a better way to run things.
Oh, and don't announce a delay on the day of release unless you really run into extremely last minute problems.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well I'm going to bed. Not out of frustration just because I'm tired. I stated pages back and hours ago that this wasn't going to be out on the 28th. If you are awake and spent your whole day here it's your fault for having so little of a life that you were here all day and all night. Get a life, get a woman, get a job, get laid....something. Peace :)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Well I'm going to bed. Not out of frustration just because I'm tired. I stated pages back and hours ago that this wasn't going to be out on the 28th. If you are awake and spent your whole day here it's your fault for having so little of a life that you were here all day and all night. Get a life, get a woman, get a job, get laid....something. Peace :)
I did most of the above and still kept an eye on the thread. I want a prize.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Honestly, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. I could care less if this was delayed for another month. Really, I could care less if it was cancelled entirely. But it just doesn't make sense to me to start dangling promises in front of fans if you aren't sure if it will be ready (yeah, I know there's still time, and even so it would just be a day, I'm sure). I don't think a release date for anything should ever be set unless you're entirely confident that you will have not only finished it by then, but there should be at least a couple weeks of wiggle room. If you think it will be done on the first, set the date for the 30th. If your done on early, great. Test it for a bit or surprise everyone with an early release.

It's like if I were to promise a homeless man a sandwich tomorrow at 7:00, and he waits for it and I don't show up. I think the homeless man would be pretty justified in being upset. Obviously that's more serious, but it demonstrates the point well enough.

And I know full-well that I could be very wrong. Maybe they were expecting to be done weeks ago and hit complications. Well, then either the communication needs to be better or they need to just be able to bite the bullet and delay releases. It's just a better way to run things.
I really like you.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Right, so... all of you were *****ing about the same **** during our wait for Demo 2

and what did you do when 2.0 dropped?

stfu, nuthugged the PMBR, and got to drooling over it

it's going to happen again, so why nitpick?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Right, so... all of you were *****ing about the same **** during our wait for Demo 2

People like being entitled on the internet.

You're right though.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I think it's more that people think that if they just complained a little more, it will actually spur them on to work faster. As if their extra posts about their impatience will be the one post that makes it release faster.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

I mean, you're absolutely right.
It's just that it's not really nitpicking when it appears to be so easily avoidable.

Again, I know I could be wrong, but it just seems like something that absolutely doesn't need to happen.
Also, just for the record (and to avoid the "YOU HAVE NO ENTITLEMENT" point), I really don't feel any sense of entitlement to this. I'm not a close follower or fan of PM, the whole situation that keeps arising just seems strange to me.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It's just that it's not really nitpicking when it appears to be so easily avoidable.
Right, so the Mayan Collapse theory shouldn't have been given an exact date; archeological finds debunked it, but much later from the time than it'd surfaced. Even if we were given a 'release date' for this demo -- and let's keep closely in mind that, for the time being, P:M is being released in separate, still incomplete builds -- there's no say that said date will be delayed due to or anything relating to a certain unfortunate occurrence. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if the PMBR makes the choice to 'delay' 2.5, or, God forbid, troll us with a 2:59:59 am EST release. They've come through for us in a respectable time frame many times in the past, and will continue to do so; a 'late' release doesn't make them any less reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom