• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Are only fd/norfair/ys/fourside/castle altered? Have textures on a few stages and I don't wanna have to go through finding them all again :p

:phone:

Rainierman

Smash Rookie
Hello. I don't post much around here, so I don't expect what I'm saying to hold much weight in comparison to others. But seeing the amount of detail going into this mod made me want to say something.

It would be very cool if Project M was made to have a (rather small) secondary save file only for statistics, and scores, while taking the rest (the more global stuff) from the normal Brawl data. I know Project M is focused on multiplayer, but maybe sometimes someone might want to try how the Melee Physics fare in Classic, Target Practice, and even Subspace Emissary (I think I heard you even improved the AI? I'd like to test that). Not everybody will, but at least we agree it shouldn't be shut down for those who might.

So it would be nice if you could play to your heart's content and explore the single player experience, without hampering Brawl's. Scores and times won't hold the same value in Project M than they did in Brawl, and the records kept in Data might tell you more if they only show Project M's values, without having them mixed with Brawl's (and other mods). So keeping them in separate places without having them overwriting each other would serve this purpose well.

So far you're still in Beta stage, so it's not unreasonable this hasn't been touched so far. But once you make that one release we all are looking forward to, I think you might appreciate all that effort you put in it the most if it behaved as if it were its own game as much as possible (which I believe it will be). So I just went ahead and said it.

Just my 2 cents. Have a good day everyone. See you in 2013! And many, many thanks for your efforts so far :)

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone would really want the gale boomerang back. Unless he can have both his current one and the gale boomerang, but then everyone is going to want alternate versions of attacks for their characters.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Should I download the "demo installer" now, or will a different one be necessary for 2.5?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Installer will be modified for 2.5 but for any future releases I'm gonna make my own user-friendly one from scratch and keep it at the same installer, so no re-downloading is needed. This is also gonna check individually for missing files or modified files and download them in case anything needs to be patched without re-downloading the whole zip.

Probably a Mac and Linux one too, etc.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Like I would believe that. If it can be released "early", and it's not, that would only mean that you guys are holding out on it for no particular reason other than to get 300, which is a pretty silly thing to do. :p So therefore, there's no point to take that seriously (which I took seriously in another way in writing this post... <_< [But I'm bored with nothing else to do...]).

phate

Smash Apprentice
only 105?

you guys must not want this.
I would imagine that most people would not be expecting that you would be ready to release it at this specific time of the evening, hence the lack of web traffic. I thought December 28th meant like midnight December 28th in accordance with most popular games.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Nope, took too long. No one cares anymore. Should just release it now and cling to whatever hype is left :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom