• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
DISCLAIMER: No, I'm not complaining. No this is not a big deal. I really like most of the recolors for the most part and obviously I can go ahead and change them myself.

With that being said, what was the purpose of removing lucario's other bluer color just to add another darker grey color? Wasn't the point of changing them to make them less dull? It would have been more interesting to have a shiny version or a mewtwo themed color. This is just some light criticism AND NOT A BIG DEAL, just something that seemed weird to me.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I really wish that there was an easier way of using the code for giving every character their own victory theme, so they could have implemented it into P:M.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You're running into several gaps in reasoning here. 1) Again, you're confusing individual player traits and qualities with character requirements. Hbox is kind of an amazing and very patient player. 2) You're confusing capacity with complexity. IE, if the most simplistic character was in the bottom of the tier list, is he no longer the most simplistic character?

We're talking about relative traits in character design. Can you name a character more simplistic than Marth or not?

Even if I was to assume your reasoning. Marth is top 5 of the most successful characters. Thus he must magically be one of the top 5 simplest characters. Your reasoning does not support you.
I don't think you're understanding me at all. I don't think Marth is a top character because he's simple. I think he's a top character because he has top character tools. You said he was simple, not me. I'm also disagreeing with you about Jiggs being the simplest character in the game. I think if Jiggs was the simplest character in the game, there'd be more people using her. The fact that nobody but hungrybox uses her at a top level is evidence that using her at top level must not be so easy, or more people would do it.

I'm not really sure who's points you're trying to refute, but they certainly aren't mine.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey, I think there's a problem with your Pokemon Stadium song.

The music keeps changing???

Haha, until a few months ago I didn't realize that medleys were so confusing to so many people. Thank you, Smash community, for giving me some perspective.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you're understanding me at all. I don't think Marth is a top character because he's simple. I think he's a top character because he has top character tools. You said he was simple, not me. I'm also disagreeing with you about Jiggs being the simplest character in the game. I think if Jiggs was the simplest character in the game, there'd be more people using her. The fact that nobody but hungrybox uses her at a top level is evidence that using her at top level must not be so easy, or more people would do it.

I'm not really sure who's points you're trying to refute, but they certainly aren't mine.
I didn't say you said he was simple. I think you need better reading comprehension.

Nobody uses Kirby at a top level, is that evidence that Kirby is not simple or just not capable? Fox is the most used character at high level play does that he's the simplest?

The point is that it does not follow that because Jiggs and Marth aren't popular, they aren't simple.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I didn't say you said he was simple. I think you need better reading comprehension.

Nobody uses Kirby at a top level, is that evidence that Kirby is not simple or just not capable? Fox is the most used character at high level play does that he's the simplest?

The point is that it does not follow that because Jiggs and Marth aren't popular, they aren't simple.
But Jiggs is a top tier character. Sheik, Fox and Falco all see a lot of use at top level. Jiggs does not.

Kirby's simplicity has nothing to do with his lack of use, it's because he sucks. Jiggs, however, doesn't suck. She's a top tier character. Yet she sees little use, because she's not that easy to use.

shanus

Smash Hero
So in the spirit of keeping this interesting, I'll release info on two subtle game codes we made. If you guys continue the hype train to 200+ viewers, we might reveal a few additional interesting changes.

CSS Character Preservation:
One of the things that always bugged me when I played smash was that whenever a player accidentally exited versus mode, or someone needs to edit their controller settings, each individuals' selected characters are lost. We have created a code for versus mode only where the game now remembers your previously selected characters!

Nametag Limitations:
A lot of individuals loved to use limited gametags in melee, including P1, CPU, etc. In brawl, using these nametags was disallowed. We have now removed that limitation.

Eaode

Smash Champion
You know, I guess I'm going to have to be the one who says this:

Where the **** have you been, Eaode? Lol

Smooth Criminal
I have this warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that you remember me, Smooth Criminal. :D

But I've been on and off inactive in the smash community. But I've been getting REAAALLY into M.

I kind of want to apply to be a beta tester/feedback person. I guess I'll try to prove my worth by providing awesome feedback once I actually get my hands on 2.5 :D

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I have this warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that you remember me, Smooth Criminal. :D

But I've been on and off inactive in the smash community. But I've been getting REAAALLY into M.

I kind of want to apply to be a beta tester/feedback person. I guess I'll try to prove my worth by providing awesome feedback once I actually get my hands on 2.5 :D
Hell yeah I remember you, bro. It was good times on these forums way back when. It's good to see you around.

I've been kinda off/on in Smash in recent years; like you, P:M's kind of rekindled my interest. Looking forward to getting my grubby paws on 2.5.

shanus. shanus, i need more.
This.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom