• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Did you guys find a good layout for Norfair? It's on the front page with all the other Neutral/mostly Neutral stages, so I'm assuming you did. Sorry if it's old news, I haven't been watching streams recently.

Also I don't know about Blazblue but Guilty Gear has great music and it's made by the same company.

iLink

Smash Champion
Holy ****

noirscythe chill the **** out

Admittedly I'm not too keen on JC's music choices. With that being said, that doesn't mean you have to be a huge douche about it.

In other news, that stage strike thing is really neat.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys find a good layout for Norfair? It's on the front page with all the other Neutral/mostly Neutral stages, so I'm assuming you did. Sorry if it's old news, I haven't been watching streams recently.

Also I don't know about Blazblue but Guilty Gear has great music and it's made by the same company.
I don't remember Guilty Gears music overall, but what I do remember that the final boss had awful music and that the guitarists weren't very good overall. I remember that when you lost to the final boss, she played this ******* 3 note finger tap with half-step variations that is just universally known to be the talentless poser guitarist's signature. And it would make me very angry.

I've listened to Blazblue music and it's awful. But everything about that game is slightly more tasteless than Guilty Gear.

I am only philistine to those who would lack logic.
And to those with an education in logic like myself.

Why is it that people that don't understand calculus don't like to claim they understand it, but people that don't understand logic like to claim they do?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's getting way too real in here.

Let's get hype for dat stage striking

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In other news, my music is the best. And lucky for me, the only opinion on music which matters to me is my own. The only reason I'm putting it up for download is because a loooooot of people have asked me for it.

Keep on hatin

Edit: lol @ me being a weaboo. I bet I'm the only person on this page who doesn't watch anime. I drive a truck and my favorite genre of music is classic rock (putting that in Smash would cause copyright issues though).

/tired rant

Arcansi

Smash Champion
And to those with an education in logic like myself.

Why is it that people that don't understand calculus don't like to claim they understand it, but people that don't understand logic like to claim they do?
So I'm seeing two possibilities here.

1. You're claiming what you said was logical. If so, provide proof, because I can prove it's illogical simply by noting the post is fully opinion, expressed as fact.

2. You aren't saying anything relevant. The second half definitely seems to be this.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I may have missed the explanation but what's holding samus back from being in 2.5?
I to would like to know this as well.

On topic of Stage Striking:

I think that it will be very beneficial. I do have one question though lets say I Stage Strike a stage. can that stage still be selected at random? or does the Random stage counter still take into effect?

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
(putting that in Smash would cause copyright issues though)
Oh.

Well.. that makes sense.

Just lower the music volume for your samey remake music please. :L

If I ever change music, I'm going to entirely disregard copyright.

So I'm seeing two possibilities here.

1. You're claiming what you said was logical. If so, provide proof, because I can prove it's illogical simply by noting the post is fully opinion, expressed as fact.

2. You aren't saying anything relevant. The second half definitely seems to be this.
No, not really. The issue here is that you're saying things that are false about a subject you don't understand.

Please get an education before directing yourself at me ever again.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Great work on the redesigns. I would really like it if the stage striking made it so that the icon was no longer selectable and removed from random. I play a lot of 4 player. Sometimes the sss becomes a game of ouija where everyone loses.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The stage isn't selectable if it's X'd, but still on Random (can't control Random from anywhere but the RSS)

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
The stage isn't selectable if it's X'd, but still on Random (can't control Random from anywhere but the RSS)
Steak Sauce.

I couldn't tell if the X was purely aesthetic or actually disabled the icon from the blog post.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have a question about SSS inputs. So obviously the X button strikes a stage, so then is it impossible to have the same input (X) unstrike a stage if you click on it again?

Having Z unstrike them all is obviously good and works well, just wondering if you make a mistake could that be undone with the same input as you strike it with. Just as a technical question if that's not how it works now.

NNID
dansalvato
I have a question about SSS inputs. So obviously the X button strikes a stage, so then is it impossible to have the same input (X) unstrike a stage if you click on it again?

Having Z unstrike them all is obviously good and works well, just wondering if you make a mistake could that be undone with the same input as you strike it with. Just as a technical question if that's not how it works now.
As of now, you can't unstrike using X. Sadly, this can't be done easily. I mean, it's technically possible but it would be way too much work, in my opinion. I may make adjustments to the Stage Strike code in the future, but this isn't on my immediate to-do list.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
As of now, you can't unstrike using X. Sadly, this can't be done easily. I mean, it's technically possible but it would be way too much work, in my opinion. I may make adjustments to the Stage Strike code in the future, but this isn't on my immediate to-do list.
Ah cool. Thanks for answering my question. You've done such awesome work here with this and stock control imho.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
There should be a control glossary on the stage select screen for Gamecube controls at least.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I may have missed the explanation but what's holding samus back from being in 2.5?
As mentioned in the SMYN podcast, there are various global code issues that keep Samus from feeling like her Melee self. These will be addressed some time in the future, but for now, she just isn't 2.5 ready at this time. Hope you understand.

I to would like to know this as well.

On topic of Stage Striking:

I think that it will be very beneficial. I do have one question though lets say I Stage Strike a stage. can that stage still be selected at random? or does the Random stage counter still take into effect?
The "X" indicating a stage has been struck does keep it from being selected, but not from being picked from the random select screen. It is mostly cosmetic; but yes, it does keep the stage from being picked. The only way to change what goes in and out of random is to manually turn stages on and off in the options menu-> rss.

Huge props goes out to SOJ, Mewtwo2000, InternetExplorer, and Magus (and whoever else) for coding and putting this most of this in place with the rest of the team's input. :)

MaxThunder

PM Support
as i thuoght... the announcement says : "Built with tournament play in mind, the Stage Strike code works by highlighting any stage and pressing the X button. This will replace the stage icon with an "X" and prevent the stage from being selected.".. i keep beign astounded by how people doesn't seem to read everything...

to any pmbr: are you guys considering making zard's dash attack look better at some point?..

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If the first page is supposed represent the most legal stages, then there is a good chance that Axcel's norfair was accepted. It's perplexing to see castle siege though... has it ever been used in a tournament?

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4985.html
It's definitely not that version of Norfair. (Axcel's version is cool and all, but it's definitely not competitive friendly.) On Jolte0n's stream of 2.5 that I saw last week, it was one with the layout like this...
Code:
    _______
___          ___
    _______
...where the two platforms on the sides on occasions would slowly move inwards/outwards (symmetrically with each other), and the stage has no hazards of any kind. Given that Norfair is on the first page, it seems that that version will likely be in 2.5. That is, unless they plan to change the SSS layout for the official release and move Norfair to the 2nd page and not have the version on Jolte0n's stream, but then that would just be cruel. I love the version of Norfair that I saw on the stream, and there would be no reason to have vNorfair over that, since who plays on vNorfair, anyway...

As for Castle Siege, from what I've seen on various 2.5 streams, it no longer transforms into the second transformation area, skipping straight to the third then back to the first afterwards, so it's a pretty awesome counterpick stage, now.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As Norfair is currently, I like the stage.

I have not played Axcel's Norfair, though.

edit: Stage strike update is awesome. :) Good job IE.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
ZSS down B still has invincible startup, like Brawl. It does not, iirc, footstool off of all items like Brawl. It can, theoretically, footstool off of active hurtboxes like bombs but it's hard to test.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
So you're saying it's impossible to code well? Not true at all.

You need to stop using impossible and won't happen as equals.
You know absolutely nothing about game design, and by this point I consider you as laughable as those "tiers don exits" people.

It is impossible. Not improbable, not "highly unlikely". Impossible. Anyone with even the slightest idea of how games work can say this, and your argument is based only on the flimsiest understanding of both game design and programming imaginable. Stop living in a dream world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom