• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I have a controller or two that I only don't use because the control stick does that.

Best way to fix?
My friends are more expert at that than I am. I just know that you need to get a special three-pronged screwdriver to fit the screws in the GCN controllers. Once you open it up, you do something, idk... Perhaps I'll ask my friend what he did to solve the prob...

Reaching those plats with a shorthop is generally a bad thing lol. Usually means a slow shuffle.

But I get the point- wario's nature as a fat chunky character reflects in some part of his design and it's a bad thing :'(
I don't see anybody complaining about Sheik's SHFFL speed. Also, it's not that Wario couldn't reach it with a SH; it's that he couldn't reach it with a FH after going to the highest part of the stage under the plat. I.e. Wario's FH is shorter than Sheik's SH. :(

I should probably post this while I can here. Please do not expect an update/announcement to show up on Saturday. Don't expect anything, your disappointment won't happen then. :)
#Johning

B.W.

Smash Champion
It only goes straight.

It can be angled only by shooting it up a slant on stages such as Metal Cavern.

Ace55

Smash Lord
How is that even relevant? Puff has six jumps! The fact that Wario has to extend all his jumps just to reach a really low plat is ridiculous. Then you have chars like Sheik, who reach those plats with a SH.
Really, more jumps? Didn't notice that... My point was Jiggs is extremely sluggish when it comes to vertical movement, but that doesn't stop her from being a good aerial character. Yes she has 6 jumps, but so does melee Kirby. The aerial mobility is key.

I don't see anybody complaining about Sheik's SHFFL speed. Also, it's not that Wario couldn't reach it with a SH; it's that he couldn't reach it with a FH after going to the highest part of the stage under the plat. I.e. Wario's FH is shorter than Sheik's SH. :(
Wario's jump reaches BF's platforms perfectly, Sheiks SH does not. So that point is false, Sheik SH doesn't go higher than Wario's fullhop.

As a Samus main you should know having a high SH sucks. Samus can use it to missile spam, Sheik would be blatantly better with a normal shorthop (scary thought actually).

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, the preview stream from last night is up on YouTube. It's split into three parts because we reset the stream twice. Again, I apologize for the poor quality of the stream; I'll look into purchasing a microphone for future events.

Like last week, I didn't feel like adding video URLs for each individual match.

Disclaimer: These are preview streams of Demo 2.5. These are not fully indicative of the final product. Everything is subject to change.

Part 1
00:00 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Fox)
04:17 - metroid (Ivysaur) vs Oro (Fox)
07:15 - metroid (Ivysaur) vs Oro (Falcon)
10:34 - Rat (Ivysaur) vs metroid (Ivysaur)

Part 2
00:00 - metroid (Ivysaur) vs Oro (Link)
02:50 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Link)
08:09 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Link)

Part 3
0:00:00 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Link)
0:01:21 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Link)
0:05:48 - metroid (Ivysaur) vs Oro (Sheik)
0:09:55 - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Ivysaur)
0:13:51 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Falcon)
0:18:14 - metroid (Ivysaur) vs Oro (Falcon)
0:21:02 - Rat (Ivysaur) vs metroid (Ivysaur)
0:25:29 - Rat (Ivysaur) vs Oro (Marth)
0:28:08 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Sheik)
0:32:50 - Rat (Ivysuar) vs Oro (Ganondorf)
0:36:50 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Sheik)
0:40:51 - Rat (ROB) vs metroid (Charizard)
0:44:05 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Fox)
0:47:34 - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Charizard)
0:49:54 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Falcon)
0:52:51 - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Charizard)
0:55:58 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Sheik)
0:59:41 - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Charizard)
1:03:04 - Rat (Sonic) vs Oro (Link)
1:06:57 - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Charizard)
1:09:37 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Link)
1:13:23 - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Charizard)
1:17:03 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Link)
1:19:32 - DSF (Marth) vs metroid (Charizard)
1:22:32 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Falcon)
1:25:26 - DSF (Link) vs metroid (Charizard)
1;29:29 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Falcon)
1:31:35 - DSF (Ike) vs metroid (Squirtle)
1:34:58 - metroid (Squirtle) vs Oro (Fox)
1:38:21 - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Fox)
1:41:46 - DSF (Falco) vs Oro (Fox)
1:42:24 - DSF (Fox) vs Oro (Fox)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Really, more jumps? Didn't notice that... My point was Jiggs is extremely sluggish when it comes to vertical movement, but that doesn't stop her from being a good aerial character. Yes she has 6 jumps, but so does melee Kirby. The aerial mobility is key.
It would be nice if Wario could also reach high platforms to prove he's such an aerially good character. Having to depend so heavily on low plats like that makes it really easy to camp Wario out.

As a Samus main you should know having a high SH sucks. Samus can use it to missile spam, Sheik would be blatantly better with a normal shorthop (scary thought actually).
As a Samus main, I know that the true reason Samus's SH sucks is NOT how high it is but rather how floaty she is. As long as you fall fast (as a character), a high SH is fine. Sheik's SH height is perfect for quick aerial needles. Her current SH height also lets her SH perfectly onto YS and FoD plats. It's even faster than WLing onto them and it allows Sheik to tomahawk opponents standing on those plats really easiy.

Edit: Samus's SH height allows her to MC on any Melee stage's plats except for DL64. If she could fall at about Sheik speed, she'd be a crazy character.

Stevo

Smash Champion
hahaha that's pretty funny. Finding a use for his taunt.

Also, thanks for explaining Brawl grab releases in that thread, I had no idea how they worked in Brawl! (and Project M I guess)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Thought I'd bring this up here as it has also been a bit of a hot topic over on the smashmods boards: what are your opinions on the introduction of a+b moves/inputs on more characters than lucario? Ever since Wario's revealed stomp I'm sure everbody here has had some sort of thoughts on it.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I have no problem with it. As long as they don't start handing other characters Supers and Super Cancels, then I'm perfectly fine with any added inputs.

hahaha that's pretty funny. Finding a use for his taunt.

Also, thanks for explaining Brawl grab releases in that thread, I had no idea how they worked in Brawl! (and Project M I guess)
Yeah, it's the whole root of the PK Kids' dilemma in that game.

Edit: I'm having a brain fart and I currently don't have the game to test this out right now. Does anyone remember what D-pad direction was changed to footstool?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I like these sentences.

"However, I was wondering why only Wario received a new move in the form of a A+B input while no other characters got this treatment in 2.5. Wario's foot stomp looks similar to DK's side B. Was this necessary to cover a weakness of Wario's? Or just thrown in there for fun?

Nevertheless, I think it'd be awesome if the whole cast were given additional A+B moves in similar fashion, and they could range from moves which help cover their weak points or just helps represents more of the character's canon set of skills."

iLink

Smash Champion
I've always thought it would be cool if every character had an EX sort of thing like Lucario, but that might be considered too gimmicky and unnecessary by a lot of people probably.

Also fun fact: You can break out of DK's cargo grab super fast by just holding up. It seemed to be an issue in vbrawl that carried over for whatever reason.

iLink

Smash Champion
I've always been really curious as to why holding up makes you break out of his cargo grab so fast. It doesn't input anything continues as far as I can tell.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
All the grab things carried over from vBrawl, it seems. Looks like the PMBR's got their work cut out for them......that is, if they can actually be bothered to "melee-fy" these things.
You'd be surprised at the number of things they actually want to do but are still trying to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom