• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If stack smash can load riivolution, is it possible to then load P:M through it? And have more cutomizability without having to soft mod my wii? I'm not sure how these things work tbh

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If stack smash can load riivolution, is it possible to then load P:M through it? And have more cutomizability without having to soft mod my wii? I'm not sure how these things work tbh
Yes and yes. Like I said, I just did it earlier today (on a hunch, no less), and I was extremely pleased. Even my custom sound effects loaded. c: It also fixed a problem I was having with the SSS freezing the game.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i awear i'm gonna go all out and hard mod the **** out of my wii

now that the wii u is coming out nintendo won't give any ****s about the wii and i only have like what 4 games anyway

hi yakal

cannedbread

Smash Lord
#confessions of a project m player

i have never intentionally shield stabbed another player be it human or computer

hi kling klang where have you been

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Ike sucks, that's why.

Kinky link I missed you on the stream for our last tourney

I think I gave you a shoutout at some point I don't remember.

Toast: As far as I know nobody from BC is going to apex :< Been hearing rumors about BluntedObject going though...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ike sucks, that's why.

Yes and yes. Like I said, I just did it earlier today (on a hunch, no less), and I was extremely pleased. Even my custom sound effects loaded. c: It also fixed a problem I was having with the SSS freezing the game.
While this sounds nice and all, does this make any difference for anyone using a USB Loader like myself?

Since, you know, Riivolution doesn't work with it and I have no disk and Brawl is still 50 bucks that I don't feel like wasting?

Only asking since you sent a PM about it like it's something I should be amazed about.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hmm... Honestly, I had thought it would apply to USB loaders, but now that I think about it, you're right... Dammit, why'd you go and be a buzzkill. ;-;
(Honestly, I'd forgotten you used a USB loader. Now I just feel like a jerk. T~T)

MaxThunder

PM Support
Hmm... Honestly, I had thought it would apply to USB loaders, but now that I think about it, you're right... Dammit, why'd you go and be a buzzkill. ;-;
(Honestly, I'd forgotten you used a USB loader. Now I just feel like a jerk. T~T)
USB loading people can insert files into ISO... Can load everything riivo can only faster...

:phone:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Is there some technical reason that USB loaders don't support Riivolution codes? Someone should really get on coding that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
? I use Riivolution on USB stick, unless you mean something else.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
USB loading people can insert files into ISO... Can load everything riivo can only faster...

Except that there's a certain limit to how much it'll let you add to the ISO, even after deleting stuff.

Why? I don't know. Ask Wiiscrubber. >>

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's also a nice way of saying "What? Your Wii's disc reader broke and you don't want to get a brand new one? Too bad. Screw you." to those who just have backups of their actual disks.

I still do prefer Gecko, though, since I can change stuff without restarting the system everytime.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Ugh, I can't believe it! Wario's an aerial-based character, but his jump goes nowhere! I'm practicing on Metal Cavern and I notice that Wario can't reach the plat with a single jump, not even a FH, so I go to the highest point of the stage under the plat. Nope, still can't reach it. :facepalm:

It's kinda been like that in Brawl. C4 Hitbox extended pretty far below the actual mine, has stage spiked people from underneath hit plenty of people who were under a platform etc.
Yeah, an interesting tactic on SV was to plant a C4 on the moving plat and then blow it up when it passed over the opponent if they weren't paying attention to it or had forgotten about it. :3

Guys, C4 and the mine are not the same move.
Yeah, that confused me too. Are you guys talking about the C4 or the mine? :ohwell:

leelue

Smash Lord
Obviously c4 for what reason would I even notice how low the mine's hitbox extends?
All theory, no logic with this one

Edit
Woah kages back. Teach me to be the third best ganon
And I'll teach you how to Wayne Brady *****es

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
My C-Stick seems to always give a right input. Any way to fix that?
Try holding X+Y+Start for three seconds or unplugging and re-plugging your controller. If that doesn't work, then you might have to open up your controller as the bearings may be messed up inside. Happened to a couple controllers of mine... :ohwell:

I still do prefer Gecko, though, since I can change stuff without restarting the system everytime.
How exactly do you do this? Do you simply take out the SD card, change what you want, and then put it back in, all without turning off the Wii? If so, I didn't know one could do that...

Life

Smash Hero
I have a controller or two that I only don't use because the control stick does that.

Best way to fix?

leelue, try standing under an explosion sometime. Snake is just realistic like that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
How exactly do you do this? Do you simply take out the SD card, change what you want, and then put it back in, all without turning off the Wii? If so, I didn't know one could do that...
Yeah, that's exactly what I do. It's been like that since FPC 3.5.1 was first released years back. o.o

I hope I'm not the only one here who knew you could do this. o_o'

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
A warning about trying to do that with PM: we implement a very large number of files that get loaded and unloaded at different times, and some of them are incompatible with vBrawl versions of other files. If you like to hot-swap data on your card, be sure to do it while the game isn't going through any menu transitions, or to be completely safe, go all the way back to the title screen after reinserting the card.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Ugh, I can't believe it! Wario's an aerial-based character, but his jump goes nowhere! I'm practicing on Metal Cavern and I notice that Wario can't reach the plat with a single jump, not even a FH, so I go to the highest point of the stage under the plat. Nope, still can't reach it. :facepalm:
Ugh, I can't believe it! Puff's an aerial-based character, but her jump goes nowhere! I'm practicing on Metal Cavern and I notice that Jiggs can't reach the plat with a single jump, not even a FH, so I go to the highest point of the stage under the plat. Nope, still can't reach it. :facepalm:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Reaching those plats with a shorthop is generally a bad thing lol. Usually means a slow shuffle.

But I get the point- wario's nature as a fat chunky character reflects in some part of his design and it's a bad thing :'(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
A warning about trying to do that with PM: we implement a very large number of files that get loaded and unloaded at different times, and some of them are incompatible with vBrawl versions of other files. If you like to hot-swap data on your card, be sure to do it while the game isn't going through any menu transitions, or to be completely safe, go all the way back to the title screen after reinserting the card.
Well that goes for any mod in general, not just P:M. Doing it on the CSS when it's just idle never harms anything. Now for the way you guys have P:M set up, if you take it out, then switch menus and put it back in, you won't be seeing the P:M CSS or SSS menus again without a restart cause you have it being loaded from common5.

I took the all the menu .pacs out of there, though, and put them in menu2 so that if I do end up doing that, when I put the card back in and switch menus again, it'll come right back up with no problem.

But yeah, what he said. :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There's not that much stuff the file patch code can't handle, though...

Doesn't change the fact that you can only use 2GB SD cards, and that's just not enough space.

At least not for the amount of stuff I have changed, since I have literally over 90% of the music in the game replaced plus SFX which can't be done with FPC yet.

Just to be clear, I use FPC combined with adding stuff to the iso.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
PMBR should make a change to the engine that makes it more Melee-like, not tell anyone and see who complains/notices.

Revven

FrankerZ
I should probably post this while I can here. Please do not expect an update/announcement to show up on Saturday. Don't expect anything, your disappointment won't happen then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom