• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmart

Smash Lord
What I heard had nothing to do with decay. It had to do with the precision with which the arrows could be guided...
I really don't want to set out specific details... yet. But I will say that arrows were buffed, not nerfed. Feel free to speculate.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
So, who's hyped for what exactly?

Personally, I'm hyped to have more characters available. Especially Squirtle and Ivysaur.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm just glad they decided to release the very two characters I was actually pumped and waiting for (other than Samus). After playing the developer's version a couple weeks back, I declared that I was gonna be an all-out Pokemon trainer, including Luke and barring Pika and Jiggs. Add Pit, Mario, ROB, and maybe Ike and Snake to that list and you have a really flexible roster. If Samus actually gets released as well, that just makes my lineup even better. :)

Edit: Oh, and Sheik too! Can't forget about her. :awesome:

Elaborate please? :)
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4024-post-109507.html#pid109507

It's not really a big deal, tbh. A lot of the stuff were things I'd already predicted or had observed from playing the developer's version. It's nothing major that they were trying to hide, I'm sure.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm excited for IC's honestly. I feel like they won't come out for awhile, but I want to do crazy things with them.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Melee was so hyped today. I haven't really payed much attention to it outside of Events it's shared with PM these past few months. But that hype....We really need to get that hype in Project M. If you suck stop playing on stream and making PM look bad :cool:.

Also....I'm not completely sure about 2.5 but...we really need Falco's that can do what Dr.Pee Pee and Mango can do. That Grandfinals Set didn't look like it was played by men but by Gods.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yes, and I swear Mango meteor cancelled PP's side-b somewhere on the last or so battle on left side of Yoshis Story using his unkept power, even though I thought it was a spike while Fox's was the meteor, I didn't see any tech on Randall,and his damage was around 100.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/339231930
3:53:49 or so

Guess it's a meteor

B.W.

Smash Champion
I wish there were more Falco players in P:M, but it seems that everyone is more attracted to other characters because they've been re-vamped or are new.

Can't blame them for that though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well yeah, it's a choice between something that's been around for 11ish years, or a new shiny... there's a more popular option here :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I wish there were more Falco players in P:M, but it seems that everyone is more attracted to other characters because they've been re-vamped or are new.

Can't blame them for that though.
Well yeah, it's a choice between something that's been around for 11ish years, or a new shiny... there's a more popular option here :p
Actually that's not the reason. At least as of 2.1 because of the differences in the mechanics you simply can't play like that with Falco. Hell...I don't think you can play like that with anyone in PM. That **** was like....wtf crazy.

Hopefully 2.5 will bring us 1 step closer. I can't wait for Melee shielding to be implemented somehow...some way....Brawl shields really hold back PM in the most nagging of ways....idk. High level melee excites me. It also makes me feel like dropping PM for Melee again.....which if I'm feeling that way thousands of others might as well and...that's a bad thing...lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Even if P:M can implement just two levels of shields (regular and the lightest [i.e. equivalent to holding Z in Melee]), as opposed to multiple varying degrees of light shields, then it'll be a huge improvement. We already have two different input levels for the shoulder buttons, afterall, so it's already a step towards this particular idea.

leelue

Smash Lord
I don't see it as a big deal at all
And considering the massive improvements we have in pm, the fact that we have people that want to play their game with 5-6 viable characters, worse stages, worse music choices, and no sonic simply because the shields are somewhat different or some other minuscule nonsense is mind boggling.
Utterly

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'm excited for IC's honestly. I feel like they won't come out for awhile, but I want to do crazy things with them.
I feel like it would be very hard to balance them, especially after all this work to make sure that grabs don't last forever. What are they gonna do, eliminate wobbling and IC CG's? That's basically a lot of the ICs right there.

Also....I'm not completely sure about 2.5 but...we really need Falco's that can do what Dr.Pee Pee and Mango can do. That Grandfinals Set didn't look like it was played by men but by Gods.
You mean we need a Falco design in P:M that can do what a Falco in Melee could do. :p

Yes, and I swear Mango meteor cancelled PP's side-b somewhere on the last or so battle on left side of Yoshis Story using his unkept power, even though I thought it was a spike while Fox's was the meteor, I didn't see any tech on Randall,and his damage was around 100.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/339231930
3:53:49 or so

Guess it's a meteor
Lolz, only Falco Phantasm is a meteor (and it's a meteor, not a spike). Fox Illusion doesn't even send you downwards. It pops you up.

Even if P:M can implement just two levels of shields (regular and the lightest [i.e. equivalent to holding Z in Melee]), as opposed to multiple varying degrees of light shields, then it'll be a huge improvement. We already have two different input levels for the shoulder buttons, afterall, so it's already a step towards this particular idea.
Something that I would actually like more than that is the ability to WD OoS normally with the double trigger method. As of now, it's only possible if you light shield with one trigger while WDing with the other, and that's hella hard to do consistently in the middle of a match. :(

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't see it as a big deal at all
And considering the massive improvements we have in pm, the fact that we have people that want to play their game with 5-6 viable characters, worse stages, worse music choices, and no sonic simply because the shields are somewhat different or some other minuscule nonsense is mind boggling.
Utterly
it's not just that.....and 2.5 seems to be much better but it's not out and I haven't played it so all i can speak of is 2.1 which is the public version everyone has seen and played.

2.1 has more viable characters but it's speed, fluidity, control, and technicality is just not on par with Melee. Also 5-6 Viable characters Is kind of Untrue. It's more like 11-12.

Anyway...I'm hoping 2.5 offers more of that technical feeling and less of that janky McJankerton. From what I've seen I already feel that will be the case.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
IMO, I think the next mechanic change PMBR should work on is shield pushback. I feel that it affects my abilities as a Falco main more than the other technical nuances like the physics delay or landing detection (although those will be nice when they are changed as well :))

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I definitely understand some people who'd rather stick with Melee for now. One of our former best Melee players at SBU saw me playing P:M v2.1 at a Smash/FG fest we were both at and he said that he feels like people still live way too long, which slows down the game, and games were still taking longer than 4 minutes regularly. I don't see anything wrong with living, if it's for the right reasons, but I could see what he was hinting at. P:M isn't as fast-paced and fluid as Melee quite yet. That said, we should all be aware that 2.5 will fix a lot of these issues and further demos will fix even more.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Bubba, wasn't this argument done to death already?

Melee matches feel faster cus it's almost always: A spacy, Sheik, Marf, Jiggs

All can kill and be killed pretty quickly by each other :p

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
pikachu's Thunder attack needs a buff

just saying it doesn't kill at all right now.

i lived up to like 200% against a cpu pika who was spamming it

and all i did was DI up

quite weak for a lightning bolt

also apologies for the current status of the first match in the Ft10, if anyone uploads a video to youtube and is given the option to "fix a shaky video", don't go with it. made match one shaky like it's rippling water rather than "fixing" it

:phone:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
You're saying that vBrawl Thunder in a Melee-esque environment needs a power buff? The audacity of some people...

as it is the only way it's gonna kill anything is if you DI DOWN

how is that NOT a problem?

it's not like i lived till 200% on Dreamland 64 or Metal Cavern either... it was on Yoshi's Story: Melee. as Fox. on the ground (where the strongest hitbox is)

so a "kill move" that doesn't kill unless your opponent has no idea what DI is isn't a problem?

and I'M the audacious one?

Revven

FrankerZ
Who even uses Pikachu's Down B on the ground against a serious opponent? Its main use is for vertical KOs after Usmash if it's not the proper KO % for Usmash. Sounds like a really pointless thing to "buff". =\

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
ehhhh i'll concede that lol

but you have to remember that not everyone who will be playing this will be "serious" about it.

pretty sure that this is supposed to appeal to casuals as well right?

i have a whole seperate rant/story about ganondorf/a casual gamer lmao

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

This is the glitch I mentioned a while back. see her dress? Is that possible to fix? I know this exists in P:M 2.1

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the hell kind of casual do you know that knows or cares about DI? Let alone how exactly a move kills?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Moves don't get buffed or altered to give casuals a good move to use/spam. Moves get buffed or altered for competitive play. You can't go tweaking a character to cater to both audiences, that's impossible.

Casuals don't care about tiers. They normally don't even know about the existence of DI. Casuals still pick Kirby in Melee. They may also beat their casual friends with Kirby in Melee because they're casual.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
well my argument was sort of a straw man anyways

whatever, i suppose it'd get tweaked if upsmash-thunder stopped working

anyways Zelda stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom