• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How modest. I figured out your little AGT thing. It's pretty freaking neat.
Isn't it? Can't wait to upload some videos so people can start stealing my **** lol.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I want to see plup try bowser on sonic. With spacies, I don't think he wanted to get off stage but Bowser's nair and fair seem like reasonably good options. I wouldn't have close to enough knowledge to tell you how the on-stage game would turn out though.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm aware this is low on the priority list for the PMBR, but do you guys ever intend on doing anything about the Single Player modes? I know that the core focus of P:M is the competitive multiplayer aspect of Smash but it'd be nice to do SSE with Link without crashing when I want to jump.

P:M SSE - 2014? :D

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone's interested, the bracket and videos from Saturday's tournament are up. As a refresher, I've included the results as well.

[collapse=Results]41 Entrants -- $5 Entry Fee

1. Metroid :ikebrawl:
2. ORLY :bowserbrawl:
3. Kirk :ikebrawl: :bowserbrawl:
4. Rat :sonicbrawl:
5. Ripple :dkbrawl:
5. Frootloop :ikebrawl:
7. Oro :foxbrawl: :sheikbrawl:
7. OnionChowder :nessbrawl:
9. Marque :lucariobrawl:
9. Tink :sheikbrawl:
9. TGD :sheikbrawl:
9. Kels :sheikbrawl:
13. Arty :ganonbrawl:
13. DSF :falcobrawl:
13. DLA :ganonbrawl:
13. Zezima
17. Houfller
17. Spoon :snakebrawl:
17. Eddie :snakebrawl:
17. Alex :ikebrawl:
17. Norm :bowserbrawl:
17. Tre
17. Mundungu :ikebrawl:
17. Da Bess Corki Youve ever seen :peachbrawl:
25. Composer
25. Nap :charizardbrawl:
25. Dan
25. Virsith
25. XeroXen :mariobrawl:
25. BigC
25. TM44
25. Zwarm (Forfeit)
33. Demille
33. Xyless :charizardbrawl: :luigibrawl:
33. Sago (Forfeit)
33. LMNO :sonicbrawl:
33. Zimo :ganonbrawl:
33. Nate
33. Jack Burd
33. Mrd
33. Jumbo Verde[/collapse]

[Collapse=Bracket]

Loser's Bracket is a little incomplete, but Rat beat Ripple, Kirk beat Rat, ORLY beat Kirk, and I beat ORLY in GF.[/collapse]

The full playlist can be found here, but I've listed out the videos in case people wanted specific matches.

WR1 - TGD (Ike) vs Dan (Fox/Falco)
WR2 - OnionChowder (Ness) vs Xyless (Luigi/ROB)
WR2 - TGD (Sheik) vs metroid (Ike)
WR2 - Zimo (Ganon) vs Oro (Fox/Sheik)
WR2 - Virsith (Zelda/Ike) vs DLA (Ganon)
WR3 - metroid (Ike) vs OnionChowder (Ness) <- Man, I played so sloppily in this set.
WQ - Oro (Marth) vs Kirk (Ike) <- The end of game 2 is so sad...
WQ - metroid (Ike) vs Rat (Sonic)
WS - ORLY (Bowser) vs Ripple (DK)
WS - metroid (Ike) vs Kirk (Ike/Bowser) <- I'm glad that I finally pulled off reverse BAir -> QD turnaround -> BAir.
WF - ORLY (Bowser) vs metroid (Ike)
LR2 - Zimo (Ganon) vs Alex (Ike)
LR3 - Virsith (Zelda) vs Alex (Ike)
LQ - Frootloop (Ike) vs Kirk (Gold Ike)
LS - Kirk (Bowser) vs Rat (Sonic) <- Shortened to Bo3 due to time constraints.
LF - ORLY (Green Bowser) vs Kirk (Red Bowser) <- Shortened to Bo3 due to time constraints.
GF - metroid (Ike) vs ORLY (Bowser) <- Shortened to Bo3 due to time constraints. Also, game 2 features sloppy play from both sides... I wouldn't go out of my way to watch this one if I were you.

$1 MM - Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Ike)

EDIT: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I was freaking out like a little girl when I saw Kizzu's videos of his Ike versus Walk's Lucas. Kizzu's Ike is extremely creative and fun to watch while Walk's Lucas is very technical. I don't think he's gone to a PM tournament yet, but Kizzu should definitely be considered one of the best Ikes.

Game 1 <- The snake edgeguard at 2:16 was almost really cool, the UThrow -> BAir -> aerial QD attack -> UAir -> FAir at 3:12 was brilliant, and the stock at 2:53 was beast.

There's more stuff in games 2 and 3, but I'll let you guys see it for yourselves. <3 Kizzu & Walk.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Sonic vs snake isnt all that fun for snake. His side b goes through stickied C4 heh.
after watching Wizz play against a few people late in the bracket I noticed how insanely aggressive he is. Snake and Bowser are both really, really good vs those types of characters but Snake has the offensive advantage over bowser, IMO. Plus bowser is just a huge hitbox and sonic would probably be able to poke him out of his shield with the tons of hitboxes he can produce.

Snake kind of controls the stage with mines, C4, Mortars, and grenades. Any time sonic is Charging at snake he has more than one option all the time. Pull a nade or Up B.

All this being said I really want to try this match up vs Wizz. He is the only good sonic I've seen.

You're absolutely correct. Sonic struggles with every character in the Demo 2 cast, and Snake is obviously not an exception.

:phone:
No sure if sarcasm...

PB&J

Smash Hero
I want to see plup try bowser on sonic. With spacies, I don't think he wanted to get off stage but Bowser's nair and fair seem like reasonably good options. I wouldn't have close to enough knowledge to tell you how the on-stage game would turn out though.
Plup did play bowser against wizzy and it wasnt good. Yesterday we did a swiss tourny until top 16 bracket ,so i seen wizzy play snakes,ikes,etc.

those characters sound good vs sonic ,but wizzy is really smart with sonic adapts very well

accept it. Sonic is a good character

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I must've missed his swiss round vs. plup then. Didn't know he played a snake user either. I just knew when his next match was up when I heard "NEEAEAAA. HA! NEEAEEEAA. HA! GO!" Don't know quite how to type out spindash noises.

We had played a few friendlies before the tournament and talked about matchup unfamiliarity being a factor. Looking back on GF's though, I think plup would have beaten him if he only had that going for him. Sonic is most certainly good and it was awesome to watch wizzy prove it.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
In other news, I was freaking out like a little girl when I saw Kizzu's videos of his Ike versus Walk's Lucas. Kizzu's Ike is extremely creative and fun to watch while Walk's Lucas is very technical. I don't think he's gone to a PM tournament yet, but Kizzu should definitely be considered one of the best Ikes.

Game 1 <- The snake edgeguard at 2:16 was almost really cool, the UThrow -> BAir -> aerial QD attack -> UAir -> FAir at 3:12 was brilliant, and the stock at 2:53 was beast.

There's more stuff in games 2 and 3, but I'll let you guys see it for yourselves. <3 Kizzu & Walk.
Yooooooo that's the sickest Lucas player I have ever seen....I dare not try and learn his tricks 0_O In fact I will never use Lucas again after seeing Walk XD

SpiderMad

Smash Master
13. Zezima Probably not the actual Runescape guy?

Angry I couldn't go and missed these guys, as well as Spoon/Kirk
17. Eddie :snakebrawl: the BBroomer or the guy in the interview line up by samox at FC?
33. Xyless :charizardbrawl: :luigibrawl: Brawl- dev who I didn't know was still active?

leelue

Smash Lord
This whole last conversation makes me want to throw up in laughter

Plup, I saw your round against sonic and that was the definition of matchup unfamilarity. Wizz was just spinning and you plainly didn't know what to do. It's a scene I've seen a dozen times with sonic vs an initiate.

I also want to know what cretins said sonic had a bad recovery so I could smack them with my controller.

KOpin, snake sonic has thus far been pretty even for Eli and I. Somewhere between 45:55 sonic and 40:60 snake. It's hard to say because Eli is better than me, but my sonic is more well developed than his snake. Snake's "stage control" is an overhyped concept, and that's good because it completely doesn't exist against sonic. At all.

leelue

Smash Lord
I cant deny that

I don't even think the ever stoic Eli enjoys getting meteored at 135% and living anymore. He's annoying and has to be. Cough I didn't have any say in his design cough so cough cough oh man I need medicine to reject this sickness with.

leelue

Smash Lord
Oh if there is one thing I can say to Wizz is Congratueffinlations on learning the Mario matchup. That was something I needed to see to believe.

Edit
Sb It's even funnier because you know... Eli plays DK.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Beating him won't make the match-up fun.
You can't make every character an exciting match-up. I do ok vs Samus in melee but that character bored the hell out of me for years. Same goes with Ness and Puff. Even when I won I was still bored to tears typically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdnfimB7wmE

If you aren't bored watching these then I salute you.

Sonic seems really boring to play against :(
Real talk, I think alot of it is getting use to his playstyle. In fact alot of it depends on which playstyle the player is using. Sonic is fast enough to avoid contact without a projectile. So a Sonic can ambush you periodically and annoy you or he can smother you with blue ball pressure.:smirk: Honestly nothing sonic does tactics-wise is really new it's just faster than most are use to. It makes some people mad when someone can cheep shot them and then run to safety or spam homing-spin attacks at them continually without time to respond.

Fact is, Not every character is going to be designed specifically for exciting or "fun" match-ups for the character you main or the style that you like to play in. It wasn't that way in melee and it will not be that way in Project M.

Mazza!

Smash Rookie
Real talk, I think alot of it is getting use to his playstyle.
Yeah it just seems (at least to me) that his style is really different from what we were used to see in melee. Just like Lucario i guess.
Be careful, i'm not implying that this is a bad thing, it's just something we must get used to :)

leelue

Smash Lord
Oh to be fair
Maxthunder may abuse ellipses and confuse everyone the first time he talks to them and sound depressing...
But it is intentional. It's not the same problem as the pervasive "of" perversion.

/off topic

MaxThunder

PM Support
fix that for ya.
no that didn't fix it... you brought forth another very good point, but completely left out my original point... i was just commenting on the song, not where it had been placed...

also leelue my name looks weird when the "T" isn't capitalized... you get a point for not putting a space in there, though=)...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Oh to be fair
Maxthunder may abuse ellipses and confuse everyone the first time he talks to them and sound depressing...
But it is intentional. It's not the same problem as the pervasive "of" perversion.

/off topic
He reminds me of an unconfident anime protagonist who will eventually become brazen and powerful but as of right now is worth little.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Additional point
The sonic mains absolutelty ****ing love playing him. Except me 40% of the time.
But besides that 40, so long as I can run, home, and recover for free Sonic is my boy.
Sometimes hes really frustrating to play as, running around trying to figure out a way to not get all of your attacks stuffed. But then something silly happens like me hitting someone with overB -> wavedash cancel four times in a row before they're out of hitstun and I can't help laughing for the next couple of minutes, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom