• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatoo

Smash Rookie
Does anyone here know if Project M will be at Rule 6? My usual smash group has been busy lately and I've been craving to play locally.

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I dunno when the full results from PMS will go up since GIMR has them, but here's the top 8 (characters roughly in order of importance to placement):

1. Eli (Snake, Ike, DK)
2. leelue (Sonic, Ganon)
3. chillindude (Wolf)
4. Plank (Sheik)
5. Nintendude (Peach)
5. Vist (Luigi)
7. JCaesar (ROB, Mario, Link)
7. cmart (Bowser, Luigi)

Gratz to NY for exposing us :p Wish I got to play leelue though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Does anyone here know if Project M will be at Rule 6? My usual smash group has been busy lately and I've been craving to play locally.
Like Monk said, there won't be a PM tournament at Rule 6, but if you bring a PM setup I'll be totally down to play and record some matches.

JCaesar said:
Well I dunno when the full results from PMS will go up since GIMR has them, but here's the top 8 (characters roughly in order of importance to placement):

1. Eli (Snake, Ike, DK)
2. leelue (Sonic, Ganon)
3. chillindude (Wolf)
4. Plank (Sheik)
5. Nintendude (Peach)
5. Vist (Luigi)
7. JCaesar (ROB, Mario, Link)
7. cmart (Bowser, Luigi)

Gratz to NY for exposing us :p Wish I got to play leelue though.
I don't remember the last time I saw you place outside top 5, the competition must've been legit. When will the videos be up?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The problem with Peach is that Melee vets are really good at the matchup lol. I need to pick up a new character in order to beat them since I was never a serious Peach player in Melee. If Chillin and Plank weren't in my bracket I totally would have exposed NY:p

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I've seen you around AiB before! I'm in California until August 18th, but I'd be down for playing sometime when I get back.
heck yeah dude, sounds lovely. haha i used to play like twice a week for a few hoursbut since i moved up to arlington heights i have no smash friends. cheers m8!

cant wait to finally have a dude to practice up with.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The problem with Peach is that Melee vets are really good at the matchup lol. I need to pick up a new character in order to beat them since I was never a serious Peach player in Melee. If Chillin and Plank weren't in my bracket I totally would have exposed NY:p
You should pick up a zany Brawl newcomer.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
That was the plan. Use Peach vs Brawl players and some random Brawl character vs Melee players. Or I can just wait for ICs to get released.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Question: How come Ike flies off the edge while doing a side b while holding A? It used to stop upon hitting the edge, and when it does you go into special fall.

I can understand it not stopping upon hitting a ledge when not holding a, but the holding a functionality was implemented for brawl ike players to have a nicer transition, and my brawl ike playing friend holds issue with that.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Question: How come Ike flies off the edge while doing a side b while holding A? It used to stop upon hitting the edge, and when it does you go into special fall.

I can understand it not stopping upon hitting a ledge when not holding a, but the holding a functionality was implemented for brawl ike players to have a nicer transition, and my brawl ike playing friend holds issue with that.
He could not hold A when near the ledge.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wish you had to physically boxing jab A with your fist for Ike to jab.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
He could not hold A when near the ledge.
I don't play Ike myself, but I believe when not holding A you still fly off the edge.

If you don't, why do you fly off the edge when you are holding A?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't play Ike myself, but I believe when not holding A you still fly off the edge.

If you don't, why do you fly off the edge when you are holding A?
While it does make it harder for Brawl players to adjust, QD is honestly such a good move that there should be risks to using it. I was annoyed from suiciding off the stage at first, but I'm sure your friend will adjust after a couple more games. Also, QD is a lot more useful if you jump out of it, which lets you do USmashes, grabs, aerials, and wavedashes out of QD; while I know I should use it more, QD attack is sort of underwhelming compared to those options. Jumping out QD when using it by an edge instead of holding A should cut down on the suicides somewhat.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The QD attack itself is also a lot better if you use B to attack, as the detection box that triggers the attack while holding A doesn't reach quite as far as the attack does, meaning you can hit from farther away if you do it manually, so it'll be safer on shield or whiff.

leelue

Smash Lord
Actually, just spamming down smash limits his options quite a bit. Rapid fire, smart nairs are also pretty hard to penetrate.

Prude.

Fbs, nintendude and I tried some matches and it was, unsurprisingly, very effing difficult.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It would feel weird for me to fight peach as a bad character. I'm used to playing characters that make Peach's life a living hell.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Updated the Ike hitbox thread with Counter and Counter Attack. I apologize for the slowness on finishing up Ike's thread. I'm going to finish it eventually, but I've lost interest in finishing Ike's hitboxes and want to move to another character, lol.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Updated the Ike hitbox thread with Counter and Counter Attack. I apologize for the slowness on finishing up Ike's thread. I'm going to finish it eventually, but I've lost interest in finishing Ike's hitboxes and want to move to another character, lol.
I'm sad to hear that, but it's entirely up to you. Thanks for the work you've done so far!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
My comp would crash just trying to fathom the size of his fair
QFT

Monk get on that Toon Link hitbox thread bro :p

Also full results from PMP will be posted on smashmods soon. We did a swiss bracket into top4 so everyone could maximize the amount of games played and we wanted to try it out for fun.. Never gonna do it again lol. Way too confusing.

Top4 was:
1st: Yakal :falco:
2nd: Rusty Shacklefurd :ike:
3rd: BlueYoshi :ganondorf: :jigglypuff:
4th: Captain L :pikachu2:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Ike probably would've placed lower if Meta and Sion came. Meta was in Europe on vacation, and Sion was too sick/tired from the melee tournament before to come.

We didn't have nearly as many entrants for PMP as expected because the brawl monthly had to be on Saturday with melee instead of P:M, and as a result, P:M got pushed to Sunday and over half of the players who wanted to enter couldn't because of work/ and being too tired from the day before. :/ Plus WA didn't make it as well because they had a tournament on the same day.

Next tournament will hopefully be much bigger and more notable since brawl and melee will likely never be on the same day ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom