• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Had they played against Charizard before? My explanation without any further knowledge is just that the melee players didn't know how to cope with Charizard and the brawl player was able to figure out Charizard quicker than the melee players.
No, and thats probably what did them in. During the CF vs Zard match, the falco player actually asked noobking (CF) "What's it like comboing that thing??" and he replied, "Uh.. its kinda feels like comboing a ganon..?" But still, some random scrub shouldn't be able to do that kind of thing lol

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Did you even read what I wrote? I never said anything about the replacement being good, just different. I even stated it should be useless.

As a Ganon main in Melee, I feel like the changes that have been made are exactly what he needs. Except for his ledge attacks being swapped around, I'd prefer it if they were how they were in Melee. Anyway, I think Ganon doesn't need to be any better than he already is, it would just be cool for him to have a different Utilt. Like how Falcon can taunt while using his knee.
It seems a bit arbitrary to go through all the work to design a new animation and move that serves the same purpose.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It wouldn't have to be a new animation or anything. They could leave it very similar to how it is, and just make it do something slightly different that makes it cooler. Maybe after connecting with a Utilt, Ganon could taunt as well. Or maybe after a Warlock Punch. Also, is it just me, or does it feel weird that his Utilt is better than his Warlock Punch? It was like that in Melee too, and I never thought it made sense.

No, and thats probably what did them in. During the CF vs Zard match, the falco player actually asked noobking (CF) "What's it like comboing that thing??" and he replied, "Uh.. its kinda feels like comboing a ganon..?" But still, some random scrub shouldn't be able to do that kind of thing lol
That depends. I don't know those players, but if the only reason they're good is because they understand how their opponent's characters work, then they could very easily get beaten by something they don't understand. Or, it could just be so different from what they're used to that they don't know how to fight it. Again, I don't know those players, so I could be completely wrong.

I know I had a lot of trouble with a random scrub playing Ike the other day (as in, not even good enough to go to tournaments, and I can destroy him with Pichu). Every time I thought I was safe, Ike's range turned out to be larger than I realized it was, and it took mGae a long time to adjust. Something similar could easily have happened to those players.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Please post the results in the Tournaments forum on Smashmods if you haven't already.
To be honest, I don't see much merit in posting the results since there were only 6 people total and only 3 players out of those 6 consistently make it out of pools for Melee tournaments. Most of the time when I was playing, it felt more like a Smashfest than a tourney.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
To be honest, I don't see much merit in posting the results since there were only 6 people total and only 3 players out of those 6 consistently make it out of pools for Melee tournaments. Most of the time when I was playing, it felt more like a Smashfest than a tourney.
Wouldn't hurt. Plus they wanna keep track of any and all tournament results regardless of player skill.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Just curiosity since I haven't had trouble with SD cards, but what happens if you defrag them?
Flash memory has a finite number of times you can write to it, and reformatting does a lot of writing without saving you any time.

Reformat it.
Dont ****ing reformat it. ctrl+a, delete. (also check for hidden folders)

`dazrin

Smash Champion
cool ike skills :D pretty fair demonstration on how an ike should play i would say, lol. I guess just tilt more. Utilt ***** and it comes out super fast. I'm not like professionally critiquing you, but i'm just a bystander who wants to compliment your play :D

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It wouldn't have to be a new animation or anything. They could leave it very similar to how it is, and just make it do something slightly different that makes it cooler. Maybe after connecting with a Utilt, Ganon could taunt as well. Or maybe after a Warlock Punch. Also, is it just me, or does it feel weird that his Utilt is better than his Warlock Punch? It was like that in Melee too, and I never thought it made sense.
Well, Utilt is stronger, but Warlock Punch can be used in the air and can be turned around. Even if they're similar moves (which I don't actually agree with; you're just using "slow move that's not viable to use except against a missed Rest" as an overly board generalization), they have enough differences to justify their use (or "uses") at different times.

In any case, I suggested in the chat a few days ago that Ganondorf should be able to press taunt during a successful Warlock Punch hit to do his laugh from his up-taunt.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
I know Camelot worked on the unused character yells triggering with high knockback. I have no idea where you'd look for crowd reaction triggers though.

You know what I really want to change though? Those stupid "wooooo" sounds when a character flies through the air. Melee had indescribable yet completely awesome sound that followed when a character was smashed hard. The original didn't have this, but the audience reactions more than made up for it.
To sort of expound on this from a few pages back: My version of the idea involves changing the timing of those wind SFX so that instead of playing when the character sent flying can regain control, the sounds play at the point of impact. Then (assuming they use Riivolution), players can replace the wind SFX with the "launch" sounds that give those Melee attacks that "flinch factor"; where you just can't help but wince when struck.

Of course, I can't assume this is at all easy to do, but it'd be cool if it were done.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've been regularly reformatting and defragging my SD card for 3+ years and it still works like a champ.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Eh, It might just be that I was too hyped to see what a TAS sonic would look like, but this sonic one wasn't as impressive as the others, I gotta admit. Still, great stuff, karu! Keep it up! :D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
So I am looking for the least-played characters in the demo to begin playtesting when I return from my smash hiatus. My "Demo mains" were Pit and Zard, but it seems like everyone is playing them so I'll leave them to it. I was starting to work on Lucario, but there are now tons of what I will call "pubs" (that means you, Demo-downloader!) playing him, and Fly outshines me with him. Damn Fly outshining me with ICs too. Fk.

Anyway, I have been told that certainly Ness has got to be one of the least played and generally unexplored (this is not just a P:M problem, it is one that P:M has inherited from Melee.) Who else do you guys want to see me playtest more of? Not suggesting that everyone really cares, but a couple of you might, I'll be streaming again, and all that stuff. Thx and I am open to literally every character.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
"Tons of Ness players?" Like...competitive Ness players?
0_0

I have never seen a Melee Ness player at a tournament in my life, except when they try to counterpick ICs and do that stupid fire trick. They must all be attracted to you? lol

iLink

Smash Champion
From the vets, I would say DK is probably the least used.

From the brawl characters, Sonic and Snake are the least played I would say. Sure people pick them every now and then to mess with them, but no one takes them too seriously when using them.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
To sort of expound on this from a few pages back: My version of the idea involves changing the timing of those wind SFX so that instead of playing when the character sent flying can regain control, the sounds play at the point of impact. Then (assuming they use Riivolution), players can replace the wind SFX with the "launch" sounds that give those Melee attacks that "flinch factor"; where you just can't help but wince when struck.

Of course, I can't assume this is at all easy to do, but it'd be cool if it were done.
Yeah, this is exactly what I'm interested in doing. I just don't know where to look.

I haven't messed with Ness a lot, but learning to DJC Dair, especially OoS, could easily make some good KO setups for Bair just because it comes out so fast.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, Topher is an up and coming Ness Main that managed to get Ness out of Melee pools at recent tornaments, which is pretty good for a non-high tier and who plays him pretty impressively in Project M. He actually makes me have to make my approaches count. I play other Ness players, but I wouldn't say they are their mains.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I would say that samus zss ivy, ics, mk, diddy squirtle and kirby are among the least played...

lol :>

no but really, I'm not seeing a whole lot of ness, rob and snake going on. .. might just be me though

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
My bro plays a lot of Snake and Sonic, a true traitor to Nintendo haha

I haven't tried much of Rob myself, but air dashing aerials is a lot of fun.

iLink

Smash Champion
I forgot about ROB. The general response to him around here is that he isn't fun to use nor play against so no one really picks him lol.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
From the vets, I would say DK is probably the least used.

From the brawl characters, Sonic and Snake are the least played I would say. Sure people pick them every now and then to mess with them, but no one takes them too seriously when using them.
Maybe now, but I can definitely see a lot of people picking up Snake in the future, just because he's Snake and not from Nintendo.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You see a lot of Ness mains because this is the only place where our character is good...................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom