• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
restarted my browser, and now the download doesn't even start lol. its ONLY part 3 too. can you test it out to see if its the same on your end?

edit: nvm works fine now- sorry for spamming thread with download issues lololol

ontopic: Spam, I always had faith that pm was gonna hit it big! I still think that it has the potential to become the next big melee! Hell, if BRAWL could become competitive, why the hell not P:M? lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
restarted my browser, and now the download doesn't even start lol. its ONLY part 3 too. can you test it out to see if its the same on your end?

edit: nvm works fine now- sorry for spamming thread with download issues lololol

ontopic: Spam, I always had faith that pm was gonna hit it big! I still think that it has the potential to become the next big melee! Hell, if BRAWL could become competitive, why the hell not P:M? lol
the older members will tell you I used to be loud as ****. I even battled some melee vets over Project M's Viability as a serious game....like 2 years ago? lol....good times.

iLink

Smash Champion
I just got a weird bug

Was using Charizard against Snake on PS2. I tried doing downb and somehow I switched in squirtle and then ivysaur, although I wasn't able to jump with either of them. I was also force switched to a different pokemon after losing a stock, even as Charizard.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Posting to say that I just **** my pants when I saw IGN's front page. Astounding. It's well merited, and I have extremely high hopes for continued publicity and success for this project, and for all of the devs.

And a tiny part of me is brave enough to hope that this thing will explode so massively that it is the catalyst for Nintendo making SSB4 more Melee-like.

After a few days of playing it I can say with confidence that you all accomplished something that I was not sure was possible--you made me wish certain characters were in Melee. I was perfectly confident that I'd find myself wishing that certain characters were buffed in Melee like they are in P:M, but never did I really imagine myself thinking "I wish Pit were in Melee."

In short: <3

Ecks

Smash Lord
I've been saying Project M was gonna be big since before I even joined this site!

Also, Spam, you were asking earlier about a save. You can use a complete save with Brawl, it's just that you need to use a homebrew app for it. I don't remember what it's called but you should be able to find it with the homebrew browser. As for where to get the save, I dunno, try this?

I know this can be done, since I used a save myself a few years ago, when I realized unlocking everything with that terrible gameplay was torture.

Edit: Can anybody tell me where to find the random stage switch's texture data??? I've been digging around the common5, mu_menumain, and everything else trying to find it. I thought I finally did, but the changes I made didn't work at all!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The level of quality publicity from IGN is simply astounding (and deserved). Huge props to RichIGN for the massive amount of compliments.

@Habefiet, I get the same feeling. It'd be way too ****ing awesome if this project heavily influenced character design and engine physics for the next Smash game. Even acknowledgement from the developers would be a dream come true.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Did you restart your wii after you put the file on your sd card? Files like the Common# and some menu files(?) require you to restart for it to take effect.

We're listed as indie developers on IGN. Kinda cool :)

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I just noticed something on http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters.php?character=lucario

Would you please rename Force Blast into Focus Blast? It sounds more Pokemon-esque that way. Sorry, just a bit OCD from Playing Pokemon Online and stuff.
The problem is that, in the Pokémon canon, Focus Blast is another energy ball blast. The Japanese name is "Fighting Spirit Bullet". That move is nothing like Lucario's side-B.

I think a sensible change would be to make clear on the guide that down-B is Command Dash (or perhaps a name from a Pokémon move). It's currently referred to on the guide as Double Team, though it's even less like Double Team than it was in Brawl.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, my Wii was off the entire time I was looking around. I thought I found it in MenuRule_en, but like I said, the changes I made to the icons there didn't change a thing.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
By the way, I read through the disclaimer

"a part" is two words (line 1)

Even then, it's not exactly perfect.

"For the sake of this document, "Project M" refers to the final product and all previously made demo versions.

All files that do not come with our installer or are not a part of "Project M" which cause any problems are not the "Project M" Development Team's concerns. Any issues regarding external files should be taken to their respective creators.

You have permission to remove any files included with "Project M". Note that Mr. Game & Watch comes with a "FitGameWatch00.pcs" file and a "FitGameWatch00.pac" file for his default color; these files are used to remove any parachute glitches associated with "Mr. Game and Watch". Removing these files will cause his parachute to stick out for as long as he is in hitstun if hit while using Neutral Air. These two files are the only ones that are "texture" files that are mandatory to have for intended game play.

Redistribution of "Project M" is permitted, with or without additional content, as long as the files directly associated with "Project M" are credited as the work of the "Project M" Development Team clearly and effectively to all who receive the files and any deviation from the original are described and distinguished from the contained files not credited as yours.

Any data taken from "Project M" including stages, moveset data and codes included within the RSBE01.gct file, is also the intellectual property of the "Project M" development team and may be used as long as the data is credited as the work of the "Project M" Development Team clearly and effectively to all who receive the files."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrAtogKIPyY

We desperately need a PM version of this stage.
How is that related?

And plus, Smashville is better, less distractions (I can't play with the petals falling)

john!

Smash Hero
i played project m today and i came here to say that it is amazing.

i tried every character today and ROB seemed to be the strongest, at least for me.

also i presume you guys are aware of the fact that "random" gives you mario half the time ;)

otherwise, great job!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Minor Lucario glitch that may or may not be known. Performing grounded Extreme Speed disables using it again on the ground if you stick to the ground while using it (as in moving horizontally with the ground and not going into the air). It's barely an issue, but I thought I'd inform you.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i played project m today and i came here to say that it is amazing.

i tried every character today and ROB seemed to be the strongest, at least for me.

also i presume you guys are aware of the fact that "random" gives you mario half the time ;)

otherwise, great job!
Has Madison uploaded any PM videos yet? :)

@Mr. Jackpot: Open the Project M Smashville and the Cherry Blossoms Smashville in Brawlbox 0.66. Sroll down until you see the STPM files. Swap the Project M STPM with the Cherry Blossoms Smashville's. Now you'll have your stage texture with Project M Smashville camera.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Ah, it seems my problem was something as simple as copying the wrong file over to my SD. I have finally replaced the Temple M icon with a re textured version of it and also replaced the horrors of Mario Circuit with the... horrors of Luigi's Mansion.

LOL I see what you did there.

Ecks

Smash Lord
LOL, poor Marth's reputation just reached a new low.

Maybe I'll use it at smashmods. XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, I got some fun textures to download!

(credit to those who made the actual stages, I just made them work with P:M)

Mechazard, made by me while discussing textures on the P:M IRC way back, now updated with better eyes and wings! (can't get an in-game screenie tho... but trust me, it looks awesome with the tail fire and his eye)

JOE!

Smash Hero
They do come with the DL, but in their "n64" state, these versions have more "HD" looks and backgrounds :)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
They're just retextures, `daze.

Also, unless they are ported stages to use the Project M cameras, collisions, boundaries, etc. please refrain from posting them unless they relate to Project M, imo.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966

JOE!

Smash Hero
They're just retextures, `daze.

Also, unless they are ported stages to use the Project M cameras, collisions, boundaries, etc. please refrain from posting them unless they relate to Project M, imo.
Like I said, I exchanged the files so that the camera and all that work just as in the P:M versions, they're just prettier now IMO :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Minor Lucario glitch that may or may not be known. Performing grounded Extreme Speed disables using it again on the ground if you stick to the ground while using it (as in moving horizontally with the ground and not going into the air). It's barely an issue, but I thought I'd inform you.
Re-posting as I don't think a member replied.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
This is probably one of the only stages to really wow me to the point where I can no longer enjoy the original look of the stage anymore.

ALSO another minor glitch:
Invincibility from the Starman item ends on dash or air attack
Is there a P:M version of this texture yet? I have this stage texture on, since before i didn't know that using other stages/stagetextures is different with P:M

And thanks for the info, joe! and monk :p
I didn't catch that they were "HD" and prettier :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Gamedominator06: I can't replicate your problem. Could you send me a replay using the WFi/Replay codeset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom