• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For stages that DO NOT have edited collisions, boundaries, etc. such as smashville; Open the Project M Smashville and the Cherry Blossoms Smashville in Brawlbox 0.66. Sroll down until you see the STPM files. Swap the Project M STPM with the Cherry Blossoms Smashville's. Now you'll have your stage texture with Project M Smashville camera.

[collapse=PORTING TEXTURES AND MODEL STUFF]
It's sort of a long process, but here's how you do it:

For JUST STAGE TEXTURES

Open STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac in BrawlBox

Export the TextureData[0].bress

Open STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac in Brawl Box

Right Click on the TextureData[0].bress and click Replace

Choose STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's TextureData[0].bress

Export STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .col file, the blue box with col on it. This is the stage collision file.

Replace STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's .col with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .col file

Export STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100](NOTE: MOST stages have the spawn positions, etc. in ModelData[100], other stages may not. You have to look around for it until you see bone names of CamY or something similar)

Replace STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file

Save As... and test in game.

For STAGE TEXTURES WITH EXTRA MODELS

In this tutorial, I will use Battlefield as the example.

Open PM's STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac in BrawlBox

Open another BrawlBox

Open STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac in this new BrawlBox

Click the + buttons in both BrawlBox windows until you see the main stage models. In this case, it would be Battlefield's main stage and 3 platforms.

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, Control P to preview the model

In STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac, Control P to preview the model

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, click on the bar on the right to see if the stage model uses an animation. Click on the left bar to get the bone list. Click on the first bone. Click on each animation name on the right until you see the numbers in the lower right be yellow. If the text box is yellow, then that means that model uses that animation.

Export that animation by Right Click -> Export File

Go to STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac and preview the same model you were previewing in STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac and find the same animation name in the right bar. Right Click -> Replace and replace it with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .chr0 file.

IF THE MAIN STAGE MODELS DO NOT USE .CHR0 (animations) THEN CONTINUE READING, IF THEY DO, THEN SKIP THIS PART

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, export the stage model by Right Click -> Export

In STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac, Right Click -> Replace with the STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .mdl0 (model) file

Continue this process for any and all MAIN models that DO NOT use animations

AFTER MODEL / ANIMATION REPLACEMENT IS DONE

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, export the collision file (it is a blue box with col on it).

In STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac, replace the collision file with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's collision file (.col)

Export STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100](NOTE: MOST stages have the spawn positions, etc. in ModelData[100], other stages may not. You have to look around for it until you see bone names of CamY or something similar)

Replace STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file

Save As... and test in game.

It takes some time to learn how to do this. If there are any texture issues in game, I would contact the stage texture creator on how to fix this issue.

I believe that sums everything up. :)
[/collapse]

For collisions, you could port collisions to the textured stage and alter the model sizes and such to fit. Or if it's just a texture you can just import the texture onto the Project M stage.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The game doesn't feel like letting me save to the SD card for some reason.

EDIT: Going to try saving it in vBrawl.

EDIT: Derp derp, Riivolution uses up the SD card. I got it saved over either way.

JOE!

Smash Hero

and done

if you want to fix stages like these, just replace the "misc" folder you see all the way at the bottom on the Brawlbox list

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Thanks Joe! (and Gamedominator)
Also: MonkUnit for poster of the month.
Everyone is ridiculously helpful. :reverse:

EDIT: While that's the case I'd like to take the chance to ask if we'll ever get a chance to have a gct that doesn't kill custom stages. Any chance of that?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
well I tried this game on wifi, to me it is no good. The imput lag kiils to many technical stuff. Hard to tech and L cancel. If you want to do wifi you have to play someone that is in your region so the imput lag is reduce, otherwise, its bad.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For stages that DO NOT have edited collisions, boundaries, etc. such as smashville; Open the Project M Smashville and the Cherry Blossoms Smashville in Brawlbox 0.66. Sroll down until you see the STPM files. Swap the Project M STPM with the Cherry Blossoms Smashville's. Now you'll have your stage texture with Project M Smashville camera.

[collapse=PORTING TEXTURES AND MODEL STUFF][/collapse]

For collisions, you could port collisions to the textured stage and alter the model sizes and such to fit. Or if it's just a texture you can just import the texture onto the Project M stage.
For those of you who missed it; I found my old post. Incredibly tedious work, but its worth it. I'm sure I missed some stuff or some of these things can be done in a faster/easier way with this new fangeld brawlbox.

@Mch12: Thanks! I really like helping people :)

@`daze: You need to rename them to be STGVILLAGE_00, 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05(if there is a 5th?)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Just change each STGVILLAGE_0X.pac to their respective number. I believe each one is supposed to represent a time of the day, but this stage replacement doesn't have that so they're all the same.

As for resizing the stage, I had a huge amount of trouble doing this with the Extreme Falcon Stream Battlefield. The model had the weirdest time not sticking to where I modified it and shadows were really off. I ended up getting HDT's Battleskiff.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Not to add to the image spam, but I ported Temple Redux's (can be found at Brawl Vault) textures over TempleM's. If anybody's tired of Temple's old look, this may be for you.
*The image has an odd aspect ratio because it was taken in wide screen. It's fine in-game.

Removing this stage until I fix a bug with the hackless method.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
So just now, Falcon vs level 9 CPU Wario, Pokemon Stadium 2. Wario's going berzerk on my ***. At first I thought he was L-cancelling, but in reality all of his moves are at 200% speed. I suspect he may be in lightning brawl mode, whereas I am my usual Scrub self. But I think I can take him.

No idea what could have caused this.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
@`daze: You need to rename them to be STGVILLAGE_00, 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05(if there is a 5th?)
OH. damn, way to make me look like a ****** LOL. It was just confusing for me because when i downloaded the 2nd one it said "downloading: STGVILLAGE_00.pac(1) and i was like wtf? I thought this was 01? but yeah. I'm a moron lol :D

and WOW so many P:M-ified stage textures!!

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
So just now, Falcon vs level 9 CPU Wario, Pokemon Stadium 2. Wario's going berzerk on my ***. At first I thought he was L-cancelling, but in reality all of his moves are at 200% speed. I suspect he may be in lightning brawl mode, whereas I am my usual Scrub self. But I think I can take him.

Do you have a replay? That's a pretty important glitch to note.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

What version and build were you using? Sounds like your codes messed up somehow. Did you try restart/reinstalling?

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
What version and build were you using? Sounds like your codes messed up somehow. Did you try restart/reinstalling?
Demo 2 standard offline, usb loading in cfg.

Well, after Wario lost a stock everythinng returned to normal. I also noticed that one of JCaesar's brstms I downloaded is mostly static, so I suspect there is some corrupt data on my SD card.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
My projectM is broken lol and i think it may or may not have something to do with one or more of the stage textures I just downloaded lol (pm:ified versions of smashvillageBEACH, templeM)

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061

Ecks

Smash Lord
My projectM is broken lol and i think it may or may not have something to do with one or more of the stage textures I just downloaded lol (pm:ified versions of smashvillageBEACH, templeM)
What's broken? Freeze at the stage selection? I dunno about smashville, but that temple comes straight out of my game (which works).

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Demo 2 standard offline, usb loading in cfg.

Well, after Wario lost a stock everythinng returned to normal. I also noticed that one of JCaesar's brstms I downloaded is mostly static, so I suspect there is some corrupt data on my SD card.
Try using the VBI hook. If you need more help, go to the IRC. I won't be there until late tomorrow so hopefully others can help.
i see your fail and i raise you dedede shield pressure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AZRxw8obK0&t=1m38s
Hahaha nice
What do you mean?
What do you guys use for recording?
Dazzle DVC 100 and VirtualDub

`dazrin

Smash Champion
What's broken? Freeze at the stage selection? I dunno about smashville, but that temple comes straight out of my game (which works).
Broken as in I try to go into stagebuilder and it doesn't boot up P:M and it actually takes me inside the stage builder. :S I'm pretty sure its the smashville textures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom