• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah but that's not very good for discussion at the moment. Not really had enough time to develop.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well you didn't say it was you!

Also, is landing detection still different and does that affect FC aerials?

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
SRK tends to hate smash from what I've seen, but at least it would be more publicity.
I know that's why I mention, I detest that site with all of my heart (not so much, it's the community that I hate, God the ignorance) but well, it doesn't stop being publicity, especially if it's to add to the depth of the game at the competitive front.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DoH: SWF Strong Bad if you ever wanna talk Zard stuffs. Peach's landing detection should be Melee, so FC aerials should be fine. U-air might be weird though; no matter what we tried the damn thing makes her fall down a very small amount after using it.

on SRK: It was featured on the news. Most of the comments on it were negative. Unsurprising. Any publicity is good publicity though!

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Why don't you guys just list who you think are the top PMBR players for every character? I think it would be very helpful for those who want to watch vids/ chat with them.

Edit: new chars that is

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
I could also post it in my town's video game forums, but it's useless really, I single handedly told every single Melee and Brawl player what P:M is, and then they told their families (that play obviously) so everyone knows what it is and they already downloaded it lol. (They loved it btw, me too, very nice work PMBR)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
In both vBrawl and Demo2, she has a tendency to do her dash stop when trying to dash turn around. The issue isn't present in Melee, as I have double checked them side by side. I'm sure it's an issue related to controller input reading.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's the sound effects that are causing it. I mean, have you heard how ridiculous her dashstop sounds?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I'm going to be uploading some of my P:M Matches with a friend of mine (most of which I get bodied lol). Would anyone actually want to see that?

Revven

FrankerZ
@Omega Muffin: Any footage is generally appreciated to spread the word.

Also, I noticed earlier on in the thread people discussing making possible changes to Wolf. Particularly, thinking about changing his Nair. I wanted to touch on this, but it's not about him specifically.

At this point in time, it's important to let the characters develop themselves. We do appreciate feedback on anything, even early on. But early on, people are still learning characters and messing around, so impressions (first ones, mainly day 1s, week 1s) are of lower value to us than say, a month of playing the characters and then giving us feedback (though again any feedback is better than no feedback).

So, my point is, don't try to jump to asking for things to be changed immediately or asking for any changes. Just play the characters and develop them, it's out there now, we didn't release this thing to start changing characters around to fit what certain players want. We are looking for feedback, but we also want feedback that's after much longer playing periods (ex: after 2 weeks of playing demo 2, after a month of playing demo 2, after two months of playing demo 2, etc.)

So just keep that in mind when talking about characters as they are now. As they are now, they are not changing, so go play the game with that mind set. Just like you would and already do for Melee. Talk with other players to figure out how to make these characters much better than they already are through playing the game! This sort of thing is what's the most exciting prospect of this release.

Hopefully I made sense, I've been mulling over this early this morning so yeah.. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before though by SB or someone else. I'm just reiterating, I guess. Find any bugs? Tell us! That can of feedback is most important too, early on.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
This has probably been done before but I've found a pretty useful tech for Ike:

When the opponent is knocked off the stage and I'm too far to run and edgehog in time, I've been using his aerial quickdraw and attacking out of it just above the edge. This simultaneously guards the edge with the swipe and he will drop and reverse grab the edge also. Pretty cool tech and it looks slick also.

iLink

Smash Champion
In both vBrawl and Demo2, she has a tendency to do her dash stop when trying to dash turn around. The issue isn't present in Melee, as I have double checked them side by side. I'm sure it's an issue related to controller input reading.
I just booted up my p:m demo 2 and every time I tried to do a turn around after her dash, she actually turned around.

what?

Couch

Smash Cadet
MY GOD i love this game. Thanks again to the PMBR. I don't care if I've said it before, just need to express my red hot catholic love for this demo. Anyone have any useful tips/tricks for pit?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Pikachu feels soooo good in this game. I love his new (old) Bair. Really really helps Chu out a lot. Also, I'm glad other peole are giving Charizard some love. I think I might just be a Pokemon master main and main all the Pokemon, lol (and Captain Falcon, :p).

:phone:

flaredshadow

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been found, but I had a glitch where lucas charged his neutral B and all of his smashes were permanently super powered. It did go away after I KO'd him.

Revven

FrankerZ
Not sure if this has been found, but I had a glitch where lucas charged his neutral B and all of his smashes were permanently super powered. It did go away after I KO'd him.
Are you sure the Lucas in question wasn't just hitting you with the Smash attacks again, again, and again? Because if so, the OU'd smashes don't go away unless you don't hit the opponent. Ex: I charge up, I try to Usmash on you and it hits you. My OU stays on, however, the next smash attack I try to hit you with (let's say, Forward Smash) I miss, my OU is gone and I need to recharge it.

If not, it would be much more helpful if you explained exactly what happened. We won't know how to replicate and/or fix it if you don't go into detail.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Have you guys ever thought of maybe showing the fans all the whacky character designs you guys formulated(i.e snake's Utilt or Usmash shotgun) after the game is completed 10 years from now? lawl

metroid1117

Smash Master
This has probably been done before but I've found a pretty useful tech for Ike:

When the opponent is knocked off the stage and I'm too far to run and edgehog in time, I've been using his aerial quickdraw and attacking out of it just above the edge. This simultaneously guards the edge with the swipe and he will drop and reverse grab the edge also. Pretty cool tech and it looks slick also.
This sounds cool, I'm definitely going to mess around with it next time I play. However, strictly in terms of edgehogging, I think a QD -> turnaround (during QD) -> wavedash backward would be faster since you don't go through the QD attack animation. If you want to talk about this more, bring it to the Ike Forums on Smash Mods so we can get other Ike mains focused on it since it's just going to get lost in this thread.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
This sounds cool, I'm definitely going to mess around with it next time I play. However, strictly in terms of edgehogging, I think a QD -> turnaround (during QD) -> wavedash backward would be faster since you don't go through the QD attack animation. If you want to talk about this more, bring it to the Ike Forums on Smash Mods so we can get other Ike mains focused on it since it's just going to get lost in this thread.
I registered on the site last night but it won't let me post yet -_-

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Maybe the culprit is some of the characters that feel less focused? For instance, I think Snake, Charizard, and Sonic are excellent because they have a specific playstyle and they stick to it while still being appealing. However, characters like ROB and Pit who have gimmicks but can be played multiple ways making them less focused which affects other characters who aren't like that negatively. Does anyone else get this kind of feeling?
Completely agree.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You should now be able to post, Jockmaster. Sorry about that inconvenience; it's to deal with a problem we had with advertising bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom