• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Finally! =D

Amazing job guys, really. Keep up the manly work, but now just play and rest some time!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
project:m demo2. this is what we've been waiting for- the time has COME!

Thanks PMBR for all your hardwork and dedication towards this project- especially since you guys do it for free :p

WHOO! now who's hyped for demo3? :D trolololol

kaizo13

Smash Champion
played with every character a bit.....I have way too much to say so I'll save it for smashmods.
everyone feels great overall. Awesome job team~

a little bummed out that you still slide off the stage when trying to WD>ledge
and short hop windows are still a bit too big.
also, can Falcon not perfect moonwalk? he just seems to come to a halt

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I just played about an hour of wifi friendlies with "RoyalSyrup" from the IRC (I don't know who he is here).

Aside from the obvious wifi-related shortcomings (lack of tech skill, etc.) I had great fun with the game. Even when wifi screwed over my movement or combos, I still felt that most of my gameplay was more skill-based as in Melee, and you could at least tell what I was trying to do if it didn't work. Wario is super fun and I can't wait to try him out offline. Chasing tech rolls with Shoulder Bash is awesome because the hitbox can stay out for their whole roll and then hit with the strongest part when they get up. I'm still trying to get used to doing stuff with dair.

While I was picking other characters to test out, I discovered that Bowser is actually really fun to play too. Even if you don't know how to play him, I feel like his sheer power and occasional super armor let you plow through other characters. Lol, this is probably the "he seems broken at first" that Gimpyfish was talking about. I'm sure it won't be as bad once people learn to fight against him, but he's still very refreshing to use.

oksas

oak-sauce
apparently not, Mccdbz5. but you should search kcmm for the cool norfair/smashville hybrid

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably end up doing that then. I was just really looking forward to playing theirs haha because they made it into a good competitive stage.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
lol, thanks! They'll only get better. :)

The more I play Blue Charizard, the more I'm like, "OMG THIS IS SOOOOO FUN".

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Most of what's happened with Sonic's pretty cool.

Not sure if I like his new FAir. Doesn't spike enough. Also not being able to spinshot or spin cancel side B?

Spinshot to spring for gimps would have been too awesome. :\

Dragmire

Smash Lord
hey PMBR crew, huge round of applause on this one, even better than the first demo and something i'll be sure to play for awhile yet

strange little glitch i've noticed though (very minor and unlikely) but if your playing teams and you get mario (only from random for some odd reason) he selects any of his colors instead of what his team color is. figured i'd post that since it seemed very odd lol

jalued

Smash Lord
Another glitch found: When jiggz enters water she goes into a fit and is unable to jump out for a few seconds.

Doesn't really affect the game too much cause its only on 2 stages, but still should be noted.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Most of what's happened with Sonic's pretty cool.

Not sure if I like his new FAir. Doesn't spike enough. Also not being able to spinshot or spin cancel side B?

Spinshot to spring for gimps would have been too awesome. :\
you can just spinshot down B you know.

Another glitch found: When jiggz enters water she goes into a fit and is unable to jump out for a few seconds.

Doesn't really affect the game too much cause its only on 2 stages, but still should be noted.
Haven't you played brawl? That's just the "swimming" mechanic. Every character does that.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes near edges, fox will shine twice. It seems to be kind of rare though.

Also, Lucas is probably the most fun character for me right now.

jalued

Smash Lord
lucas did the same thing
yep, but he doesn't make an annoying noise :p

you can just spinshot down B you know.

Haven't you played brawl? That's just the "swimming" mechanic. Every character does that.
This is not something from brawl, its not the flailing animation. It seems to be having trouble putting jiggz into the swimming animation, so instead she keeps bobbing up and down, thrashing the water

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I am not pleased with this demo. A troll face wasn't added to Randy the cloud on Yoshi's Story.

This is going to be a fun next couple of weeks playing this game. Fox seems easier to perform his short hop double laser for some reason.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Charizard looks to be my favorite of the bunch so far. Let's see if that changes over time, though...

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
This is going to be a fun next couple of weeks playing this game. Fox seems easier to perform his short hop double laser for some reason.

Agreed, as well as it seems to require running momentum if you want to hit an opponent with both hits of a double shine, otherwise only the first connects.

But other than that, Fox feels hella natural. I'm extremely impressed.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I just played a few matches (against bots because no friends irl) and I've got to say that I'm really digging Wolf.

Now I just need to move to either Toronto or Montreal so that I can be within an hour of someone else who's even heard of Smash Bros. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom