• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Whining about PM not being released (mad, annoyed or otherwise) when you wanted it to isn't going to change anything, let alone get much responses from the devs; they've got a game to put the finishing touches on. Let them work and you will not (emphasis on not) be disappointed.
What made the devs think it was okay to put the finishing touches on the demo the date that it's due?

I'm not understanding why everyone is throwing heat at me for something devs neglected to do on time?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
What made the devs think it was okay to put the finishing touches on the demo the date that it's due?

I'm not understanding why everyone is throwing heat at me for something devs neglected to do on time?
Yeah, because that was the plan.

"Wah, no release date."

"Wah, why are you in a rush to get it done on the release date."

Shoulda just said, Demo 2 comes out next month.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

They didn't neglect to do anything. They said that it would be out on the 15th, and it will. The 15th isn't even over yet.

And you're acting as if they stopped working on it for a long time and just started again today, which isn't how it works.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
They didn't neglect to do anything. They said that it would be out on the 15th, and it will. The 15th isn't even over yet.

And you're acting as if they stopped working on it for a long time and just started again today, which isn't how it works.
i still bet it's coming out at 12:01

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Attention to all planning to stay up: DON'T.

Go to sleep so your bodies will be ready when it DOES release, whenever that is.

I'm about to summon Bionic if crap like this keeps up guys.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice

I guess you're under the assumption that they didn't have other, possibly more important **** to do before release date.

EDIT: I'm finished with the argument. It's lurkin' time for me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Go to sleep so your bodies will be ready when it DOES release, whenever that is.

But my body is ALWAYS ready.
To party.

Can't wait to main ALL the Charizards!

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Stop crying
stop talking to o-Serin-o cause hes just.... anyways
just stop and wait
let's talk about who we wanna play again
Lucario :DDDDD

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
ok well im going to give this thread a break since eternal yoshi said it prob wont be done soon.. ok guys good luck

metroid1117

Smash Master

Please do, I'm personally tired of constantly checking the thread and only seeing the bickering that's going on. I'd be down with the thread being locked until the release comes out, since people aren't even talking about the game itself anymore.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman

Games that have legions of fans get delayed all the time and people just write it off or ***** on the forums until its release. They then tend to shut up, and shortly there-after ooze pride and praise from mouths that can still taste the nonesense they put people through just a few days beforehand; desperately hoping that in the release exitement people forget how foolish they acted in the meantime. God forbid a fan made project not get released the first hour of the first day it was due.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Why all the whining about whining guys? Let people say what they want in between the usual memes and childish obsession with pokemon. Why ruin their fun? :awesome:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm not saying they didn't have other important things to do.

I'm just saying this should have been better planned.

The way I thought the devs would have done this:

>Release trailer and release date.
>Stop all editing and get everything needed for the 15th done.
>Continue doing dev stuff
>When the 15th comes, drop the goods.

But apparently, it went something like:

>Announce release date and drop trailer.
>Continue editing game.
>April 14th: "****, let's get this thing ready."
>April 15: Take longer than expected to put out.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Why all the whining about whining guys? Let people say what they want in between the usual memes and childish obsession with pokemon. Why ruin their fun? :awesome:
Because if they don't stop then this thread will get locked, and then we legitimately won't be able to talk about P:M.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People have been talking about the game for the past 10 pages.

The only thing more annoying than whining about the game is the whining ABOUT the whining. - -'

Meh, time for some anime.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, because that was the plan.

"Wah, no release date."

"Wah, why are you in a rush to get it done on the release date."

Shoulda just said, Demo 2 comes out next month.
"Wah, I make empty promises."

"Wah, I can't give you an idea of what's up."

Seriously, would it have been so bad to say, "Yo, you guys can go to bed, it's not a midnight release, we've still gotta do stuff."

Would it have been impossible to say around midday, "Yo, don't worry about it. We'll be releasing it laaaaaaaate tonight, so don't be freaking out about it."

I mean, your hiding behind the "I'm the developer. Without me there wouldn't BE a P:M," line when you DID **** up. There's no way not to disappoint people when you lead them to expect one thing and then don't keep them in the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom