• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTsm

Smash Master
IThat's fine. They didn't have to do it. But hell, if you're gonna volunteer to put in work, at least come on time and come correct. That's like a blood donor being written down to come in at 11 a.m. to give blood, but you just waltz in at 6 p.m.

Bad comparison, but still.
It's a video game. I'm sure you'll live.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Maybe its just me (although I know its not), but I'd rather have a kick-*** demo to play for the next year that was delayed by a few hours rather than an unpolished buggy one. In the long run, do these last few hours of waiting really matter? Think about how much fun you'll be having with that nice polished demo that the PMBR has been cooking up for you. Tasty.

Ecks

Smash Lord
You can change buffer in the battle menu (or whatever that's called). It replaced handicap (which was terribly implemented in Brawl) just as it does in pretty much every mod.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Buffer is 0 by default.
but in the current demo if you change to 50 for example it seems easier to play...I was just wondering...so nevermind I guess it's the same as BRrawl+ buffer then

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
As he said, it's not the development time that's the problem, it's the tease for a product over a year in the making that's irritating people. There's no problem with taking time to fine-tune, just don't tell everyone you'll be done when you really won't be.

Ecks

Smash Lord
IThat's fine. They didn't have to do it. But hell, if you're gonna volunteer to put in work, at least come on time and come correct. That's like a blood donor being written down to come in at 11 a.m. to give blood, but you just waltz in at 6 p.m.

Bad comparison, but still.
That's a life or death situation. This is a game. Nobody NEEDS to play a game.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Hey patience is key, most of you guys will be fine and happy when it releases, but someone like me who has ****ty internet will have to spend another 3-4 hours just downloading it after it releases.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
lol.. i can understand both sides of this argument... i would love this anticipation and **** if ... it wasnt on a sunday night 0_0... I feel a bit let down by this, but beggars cannot be choosers. I just hope that the demo kicks as much *** as every1 is anticipating, and there is no reason it wont :)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
@Sir Combee - When did they release the trailer with the release date? Don't worry, I'll wait.

The day they announced that Demo 2 would drop, the devs should have stopped EVERYTHING and prepared for this day. So **** like this wouldn't be happening right now.

But you know. I'm in the wrong for saying something about the way things should be.

@Ecks - It was an expression, but you understand my point. Take away the blood donation and replace it with volunteering at a desk job or some ****.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Hey patience is key, most of you guys will be fine and happy when it releases, but someone like me who has ****ty internet will have to spend another 3-4 hours just downloading it after it releases.
Yeah, in my case I was planning on playing it with friends today who will not be able to play for a couple weekends now.

Not the end of the world, I know, but still irritating when we were excited to smash today.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I hope they don't release it today just for you
o-Serin-o
And if they do, I'll give you the little piece of lint that's in my "Given ****s" box.

Personally, I have never held my breathe on this game, but I do like to see results and give credit where credit is due. But **** like this? It should never happen for something with this kind of hype.

This is all just wasted hype that'll all come back next weekend to the people who have a 9-5 or school. Just saying.

Ecks

Smash Lord
@Sir Combee - When did they release the trailer with the release date? Don't worry, I'll wait.

The day they announced that Demo 2 would drop, the devs should have stopped EVERYTHING and prepared for this day. So **** like this wouldn't be happening right now.

But you know. I'm in the wrong for saying something about the way things should be.

@Ecks - It was an expression, but you understand my point. Take away the blood donation and replace it with volunteering at a desk job or some ****.
You're not in the wrong. It sucks to wait so much, but beggars can't be choosers.

And they actually have been preparing for the release. They're just picky about having this be as professional as possible.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Wow, I forgot about buffer. I haven't heard anyone even mention that in forever.

Also, if anyone skipped anything important to play Project M TODAY in the afternoon, then you made a mistake. Even without a delay, there was never any indication that it would be out in the beginning of the day.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
They're just picky about having this be as professional as possible.

not to be a ***** but if they were aiming for it to be professional, they wouldnt have all these people waiting all day. I think they are optimizing what is given rather than being professional!!

GPDP

Smash Ace

And at the end of the day, all of your useless *****ing and moaning won't make the demo come out any faster or do anything other than make you look like an entitled child who didn't get his lollipop when he wanted it. At this point I'm convinced you have nothing better to do than sit around on a message board and complain about a project you're not paying possibly not arriving the day it was supposed to. Indeed, when I read your post all I see is I WANT MY PROJECT WAAAH PAY ATTENTION TO ME YOURE SOOOO UNPROFESSIONAL AND I AM IRRITATED

tl;dr pipe the **** down for ****'s sake

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My bets are still on 11:59. Who's with me? Wooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom