• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
This....I love the work you guys are doing, but it doesn't seem right to give people a release date for something they have been waiting for for so long, then turn around and not even have it out by 9 PM that day.

It's just a really sadistic tease at that point.

Well if today was Friday at least, we could have the weekend to play it, why Sunday release..

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
meh I wouldn't complain too much guys(or at all) because they are doing this for free

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
As long as we get Demo 2 out before April 16th, we're still sticking to the release date that we've told everyone. We never specified what time we would release, we just said we'd release on the 15th.

It's you guys who kept thinking that we had to release Demo 2 before the evening or whatever. We're still sticking to our release date.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Call me an ******* for saying this, but don't you think you guys should have prepared for this days before April 15th actually came around? So you know, people wouldn't be getting a well anticipated demo 5 hours before the next day?

I'm just saying. Y'all could have done better.
Did you think at all before you wrote this?

JTsm

Smash Master
I mean, ****, you guys work on this everyday, but it didn't occur to you that if you have a deadline to meet, don't you think you should be prepared to drop it?
Calm down. You're not even paying for it. lol

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
you *******
He has a point. When one hears that something's going to be prepared for the 15th, one can assume that means it'll be available for use for most of that day.

Assume.

I'm not rushing anyone, but the 15th is mostly over. It's more like it's being released for the 16th.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
When one hears that something's going to be prepared for the 15th, one can assume that means it'll be available for use for most of that day.
Well, not really. They would have said "the beginning of the 15th" or something. Saying "the 15th" means that it can come out at ANY time during that day and they'll still be telling the truth.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
He has a point. When one hears that something's going to be prepared for the 15th, one can assume that means it'll be available for use for most of that day.

Assume.

I'm not rushing anyone, but the 15th is mostly over. It's more like it's being released for the 16th.
once again, its free

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I don't really care if it was free or if I was charged. It's the principle behind it that makes me irritated.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
This....I love the work you guys are doing, but it doesn't seem right to give people a release date for something they have been waiting for for so long, then turn around and not even have it out by 9 PM that day.

It's just a really sadistic tease at that point.
I mean, ****, you guys work on this everyday, but it didn't occur to you that if you have a deadline to meet, don't you think you should be prepared to drop it?
Now, I may be speaking out-of-turn, but we have to take into account a few things.

These people are putting time aside from their personal lives when they aren't either:
-Working full/part-time at a job or two.
-Doing school-related things such as studying for exams/quizzes/etc. or homework.
-Just overall having a life to maintain.

They are not robots, and should not be treated as such. They're doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, and are putting a lot of effort into this project. I think rather than bashing on them that they haven't released the second demo yet, we should be thanking them for actually doing this for us.

I mean, I know the suspense is killing me, but it isn't like the whole world will collapse in on itself because this demo hasn't been released by noon or whatever.

So I thank the PMBR for the time they've put into this project, and how the end result shows us so far. What they've done to-date that we've seen is amazing, and shows what a dedicated community can do if they put their collective minds together on a similar goal.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Wait so you guys are mad at the PMBR because you assumed it would come out at the beginning of the 15th
smh, people these days
Cry over every and any little thing.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
As long as we get Demo 2 out before April 16th, we're still sticking to the release date that we've told everyone. We never specified what time we would release, we just said we'd release on the 15th.

It's you guys who kept thinking that we had to release Demo 2 before the evening or whatever. We're still sticking to our release date.
Well, you know as well as I do that having a release date generally means it will be released that day with ample time to be enjoyed (barring like announced 11:59 PM releases for movies/games).

I'm more frustrated with being given this date than the amount of time you guys are taking. I would've rather never had an announced release date than sit around waiting for an entire day just to have it be (hopefully) released at 11:00 PM.

I'm not criticizing the project or the time being taken on it, **** take as long as you want to make it good, I'm just rustled over the announced release date that has had me checking all day long to no avail.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Now, I may be speaking out-of-turn, but we have to take into account a few things.

These people are putting time aside from their personal lives when they aren't either:
-Working full/part-time at a job or two.
-Doing school-related things such as studying for exams/quizzes/etc. or homework.
-Just overall having a life to maintain.

They are not robots, and should not be treated as such. They're doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, and are putting a lot of effort into this project. I think rather than bashing on them that they haven't released the second demo yet, we should be thanking them for actually doing this for us.

I mean, I know the suspense is killing me, but it isn't like the whole world will collapse in on itself because this demo hasn't been released by noon or whatever.

So I thank the PMBR for the time they've put into this project, and how the end result shows us so far. What they've done to-date that we've seen is amazing, and shows what a dedicated community can do if they put their collective minds together on a similar goal.
*Stands up and starts to slowly clap*

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I don't really care if it was free or if I was charged. It's the principle behind it that makes me irritated.
This, this, a thousand times this.

Guys, I appreciate the work being put into this, and I'm not even really trying to be a ***** about the release date. There's no rush at all. But being told we'll get something on a certain day when that certain day is almost over just isn't cool.

I can't stress this enough though: I love Project M. I appreciate the work put into it, and I'd pay you guys if it was legal and if I wasn't poor as ****.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
all i'm gonna say is that if you haven't played a dev build since project 1 came out

you are in for a treat to say the least lol

just wait until you play it

all the complaints of today whining e-babies will go away

the game is SO good.

JTsm

Smash Master
People making this game don't have to do this you know, and if they want to change the release date, they can. So quit whining like you're entitled to something.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Important question:
does the buffer have to be changed in this demo?
like in demo 1 it was always set to 0 but in this one do you need to change it or can it still be at 0?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I'm not criticizing the project or the time being taken on it, **** take as long as you want to make it good, I'm just rustled over the announced release date that has had me checking all day long to no avail.
There are other things you can do with your day, like go outside

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
People making this game don't have to do this you know, and if they want to change the release date, they can. So quit whining like you're entitled to something.
IThat's fine. They didn't have to do it. But hell, if you're gonna volunteer to put in work, at least come on time and come correct. That's like a blood donor being written down to come in at 11 a.m. to give blood, but you just waltz in at 6 p.m.

Bad comparison, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom