• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
awkwardly designed?.. the one that's awkwardly designed is the ps3 one, imo...
You have a funny way of spelling X-box.

Besides the awkwardly positioned sticks, the 360 has an even worse control pad than the gamecube. Good luck doing shoryukens when your two options are a fickle control stick or a non-responsive D-pad.

That's without even mentioning the non-resistant back triggers or the ever common disconnects the wired ones have.

And they're bulky as ****. My tiny girl hands can hardly even get a grip on the damneded thing.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yeah the 360 controller is a bit big... but my thumb doesn't slip off the control stick like with the ps3 controller... and IMO it's much better positioned... it's exactly where my thumb will rest of i'm just holding the controller...

as for the d-pad... yeah that thing sucks... i never use it... got perfect control of my character with the control stick... isn't shoryuken double quarter circle forwards or something?.. i can handle that...

i did read something about a 360 controller that was released with a functioning d-pad, though...

i see nothing wrong with the back triggers...

STFU, monk!!! i'll kill whatever i want!!!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
God damn. I thought I said don't kill the thread; it's only been like 3 hours and there's over 120 replies. And demo 2 isn't even out yet LOL.

:phone:
They're talking about Xbox controllers. I think that qualifies as killing the thread.

Let's change the subject and pick out a new ingame tag for me. In Brawl I just used my name on my own Wii/college Wii, and HDT at tournaments and Smashfests. In Melee I just used the letter "R" (I found it on someone's memory card and just stuck with it). I wanted to pick something new and cool for Project M but I never got around to it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'll take anything that's not a console exclusive on PS3 any time. If it's going to be the same game, I may as well get the one that looks better.

Except Bethesda games because of how the PS3 loads data for them.

So other than Fallout 3 and Oblivion, the only things I have on my 360 are Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata, and Kameo because they are exclusive to the system.

As opposed to my PS3, on which I have

BlazBlue CS
BlazBlue CS:EX AKA what the **** did they do to Makoto edition
Metal Gear Solid 4
MGS: HD Collection
Eternal Sonata
Arcana Heart 3
Saint's Row 2
Disgaea 3
Little Big Planet
SkullGirls
Wipeout HD
Prototype
Mirror's Edge
Sonic Generations
Infamous
The Orange Box
MAG

Trying to get Disgaea 4 when I can find it.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
I'll take anything that's not a console exclusive on PS3 any time. If it's going to be the same game, I may as well get the one that looks better.

Except Bethesda games because of how the PS3 loads data for them.

So other than Fallout 3 and Oblivion, the only things I have on my 360 are Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata, and Kameo because they are exclusive to the system.

As opposed to my PS3, on which I have

BlazBlue CS
BlazBlue CS:EX AKA what the **** did they do to Makoto edition
Metal Gear Solid 4
MGS: HD Collection
Eternal Sonata
Arcana Heart 3
Saint's Row 2
Disgaea 3
Little Big Planet
SkullGirls
Wipeout HD
Prototype
Mirror's Edge
Sonic Generations
Infamous
The Orange Box
MAG

Trying to get Disgaea 4 when I can find it.
You probably own an Arcade Stick

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You have 2 systems capable of playing SSX and you're not taking advantage of either of them? Spread the wealth man =(

Hmm, Syrup fits in 5 letters, and would relate to my new main. So does Spear.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
No, no, no.

America is different, see?
I hate that triangle because it's not about which one is largest or smallest in size.
It's about importance.

When dealing with long-term things month is the most important info to have first. Then day. Year is the least important as it's generally implied that the month in question is the next instance of that month as usually when you've got a date over a year in the future you only have the year planned, and if you do have the month planned you show the year first separately.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
No, no, no.

America is different, see?
USA is different, America is a continent and most of it goes by european date system... That and USA metric system makes me want to slap some babies.

On topic, wish I can play with Ivy PM by my next birthday on 16/12 and want to thank you all for making such a letdown game (for me) and incredibly awesome game! you made me re-buy brawl guys and I cant wait for the final version (I hope you dont get tired and our love help you through all the revisions you had made and the ones to come)

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I see it as "it should be yyyy/mm/dd but year needs to be at the back because it gets cut off all the time"

That and USA metric system makes me want to slap some babies.
The USA metric system?

I know we don't use the metric system generally, but since when do we have our own version of it that we aren't using?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I hate that triangle because it's not about which one is largest or smallest in size.
It's about importance.

When dealing with long-term things month is the most important info to have first. Then day. Year is the least important as it's generally implied that the month in question is the next instance of that month as usually when you've got a date over a year in the future you only have the year planned, and if you do have the month planned you show the year first separately.
If you were reading a book about a person's life, do you want to read the important events in their order of importance, or the order that they happened?

If you were watching a movie, do you want to see all the best bits first going to the worst bits, or chronological/artistic order?

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
If you were reading a book about a person's life, do you want to read the important events in their order of importance, or the order that they happened?

If you were watching a movie, do you want to see all the best bits first going to the worst bits, or chronological order?
Yes, because those are totally the same thing.

Besides, when you put a list of dates having month first means it'll be in "alphabetical" order (as long as it's in the same year) where in the European system when it's put in order you'd see the first of every month at the top of the list. The japanese system is database perfect.

MaxThunder

PM Support
If you like ****ty directional pads sure.

If I owned an arcade stick, street fighter, KoF, and skullgirls wouldn't be quite as stupid to play.

Any SSX that isn't Tricky isn't worth my time.
pfft... tht's why you use control stick like a baws=)...

anyways... i think i read about some ps3 controller you can like... swap out the parts for or something... so you can put the control stick where it is on an xbox controller... have you heard anything about that?

cause when i get a ps3 (and i will cause xbox live sucks) then i'll need something like that...

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yes, because those are totally the same thing.

Besides, when you put a list of dates having month first means it'll be in "alphabetical" order (as long as it's in the same year) where in the European system when it's put in order you'd see the first of every month at the top of the list. The japanese system is database perfect.
I was mostly kidding with the book/movie thing.

I can see the merit of teh American system nao.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I see it as "it should be yyyy/mm/dd but year needs to be at the back because it gets cut off all the time"

The USA metric system?

I know we don't use the metric system generally, but since when do we have our own version of it that we aren't using?
Burma metric system is a chaos, I don't know if Liberia uses pounds and feet, and that leaves USA the rest of the world uses the metric system... so yeah If Liberia doesn't use your its USA's metric system...

I wanted to ask, was there planning on making sheik and zelda have their own down B? or the transformation will be there for ever? since it relies on disc reading speed and etc...

MaxThunder

PM Support
Burma metric system is a chaos, I don't know if Liberia uses pounds and feet, and that leaves USA the rest of the world uses the metric system... so yeah If Liberia doesn't use your its USA's metric system...

I wanted to ask, was there planning on making sheik and zelda have their own down B? or the transformation will be there for ever? since it relies on disc reading speed and etc...
uh... i don't think burma and liberia uses the metric system... and i believe USA only use the metric system for science and military purposes...

and i don't think they've ever planned doing that... probably cause shiek...

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
uh... i don't think burma and liberia uses the metric system... and i believe USA only use the metric system for science and military purposes...

and i don't think they've ever planned doing that... probably cause shiek...
Yeah I ... wanted to state in my bad english that Burma Libera and USA doesnt use the metric system, and also they dont share the same.. so we have Metric, liberia's, Burman's and USA's metric systems.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yeah I ... wanted to state in my bad english that Burma Libera and USA doesnt use the metric system, and also they dont share the same.. so we have Metric, liberia's, Burman's and USA's metric systems.
ah... well they are not called metric systems... would be more correct to call them systems of measurement...

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Project M thread; where discussions ranging from television shows, science, rock paper scissors, psychology, and more take place.

Oh, and that Project M thing too.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
stop with the off-topicness

next time it happens, i'm locking until demo 2 comes out

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Word of admin, dang.

So. First non-melee top tier or not your melee main y'all are gonna play? I think I'mma try pit or wolf first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom