• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
PMBR members, can we get a clue about what awesome breakthroughs were just made in P:M's development? Would be good for people's hype levels at the beginning of the year to know now.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
100% chance of Demo 2 before the end of March.
Still sounds like a tall order to me if you guys plan on patching up the LD stuff, adding to the webpage, and getting more high-level players helping balance it to the degree you'd find acceptable. Oh, and maybe fixing the puke-green sky in FD. :awesome:

Really pulling for you guys though. I think the hype will come back in full force with the major gripes from Demo 1 fixed, especially if some of the heavily modified characters (Charizard, Lucario, Bowser, Wario, etc) were to make the cut. I'm also a lot more optomstic about Demo 2's staying power after release. Mainly because there'll be no major caveats to the degree there were for LD and DI after Demo 1. Having tethers resolved beforehand is also a huge positive on that note (love the fix you guys came up with, can't wait to try it).

For the rest of the board: perhaps it wouldn't be too early to start thinking about pushing P:M outside of smboards again. The GAF thread could use a bump about what Shadic said. Don't think the tether changes were posted there, or this (lol). I'll continue updating the 1up thread.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
adding to the webpage, and getting more high-level players helping balance it to the degree you'd find acceptable.
I don't think those things should have high priority. Any imbalances will be sorted out over months of public testing and tournament results from top players, not just educated guesses from top players, often having their own biases too.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Crispy, you should post in the 1up thread when i stream.

I'm pretty sure those guys would love to see some live stuff.
I'd love to, but honestly, if I posted every time there was a PM stream worth watching it'd be a one man show over there. That sort of thing might go over a lot better at GAF, since they have a community large enough to keep the comments rolling. There just hasn't been a sustained effort to keep that thread going however.

I'd be happy to add some twitch.tv channel links to the OP though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd love to, but honestly, if I posted every time there was a PM stream worth watching it'd be a one man show over there. That sort of thing might go over a lot better at GAF, since they have a community large enough to keep the comments rolling. There just hasn't been a sustained effort to keep that thread going however.

I'd be happy to add some twitch.tv channel links to the OP though.

You should do it regardless and add twitch.tv channels to OPs and ask those who are interested to follow all channels so they can actively keep up with any streams.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I don't think those things should have high priority. Any imbalances will be sorted out over months of public testing and tournament results from top players, not just educated guesses from top players, often having their own biases too.
The balance thing was more or less a reference to what Shadic (or JCeasar? can't remember) said a little while ago about that being underlying goal of the surveys. To get more high-level input to make a better Demo v2. Especially from characters the PM guys don't typically main, I'd wager.

Of course it's going to take another public release and bigger scene to gauge where PM is truly at. But that doesn't mean that trying to make a solid effort for v2 shouldn't be a priority.

Demo 1 did a fairly good job in that respect. There was a few elephants in the room at that point (LD, DI, etc), but for the most part the balance wasn't half bad. The biggest takeaway I gathered was that Lucas needed some notable retooling. Also maybe more could be done with Zelda. One or two out of 13 isn't bad.

If the next demo has a bigger roster but manages to hit those odds that'd be an accomplishment. And save a lot of time, in the long run.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I just think it's a mistake to think of this like P:M 2.0. It isn't, it's just a demo and it isn't nor is expected to be perfect. They can fix many things later.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Just to repeat, someone with a GAF account should bump it's PM thread with the March news/tether blog. Or at the very least, namedropping PM right over here. It's an itch I can't scratch. :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
For the rest of the board: perhaps it wouldn't be too early to start thinking about pushing P:M outside of smboards again. The GAF thread could use a bump about what Shadic said. Don't think the tether changes were posted there, or this (lol). I'll continue updating the 1up thread.
Might be better to wait until the PMBR makes an official announcement.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
June of '03. What's up.

I think it'd be better to wait for the next demo to actually have a date before any advertising. You know how caustic some of those communities can get. That said, probably February would be decent.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Might be better to wait until the PMBR makes an official announcement.
If you think so, ok. There's only so much that can be done outside of updates from Smashmods anyways. Those are the sort of things that get traction outside of Smashboards.

I know it's not at all a priority for you guys, and that the community here is more important for PM's potential reach. As it should be. But I do think that since the updates on PM (official or not) after happylemon's vids have mostly been sheltered here, active interest elsewhere the net has mostly become passive interest at best.

Still don't think bumping the GAF thread about the tether update at least would be a bad idea. Or putting links to PM streams on Reddit's smash bros channel. Etc. Stuff people haven't really been doing.

I'm not trying to blame the PMBR or anything, to clarify. It reflects on us all in some manner of speaking.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You really should advertise stream links imo. As that'd be the best way to keep people interested and let them know P:M is still alive and generate hype and etc etc.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
You really should advertise stream links imo. As that'd be the best way to keep people interested and let them know P:M is still alive and generate hype and etc etc.
By "etc" do you mean ad support? I saw your youtube appeal. ;)

... I def support you for streaming and supporting smods. And it's sure nice to have Twitch.tv now where you can always watch them after they've aired.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I put you, ghneko, peepee and jcaesar (FiOS woot) in my thread on 1up, which is where I'm most active. Does anyone here frequent the smash subreddit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom