• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Pretty much this. Man those ledges are bad. So many failed PKThunders there. Still, I didn't like how Brawl's BF wasn't in space or some other space-like place like melee's and 64's BF.
On this point. FD and BF were so cool in 64. Anything happening there?

:phone:

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
I wonder if any character has a smash or an A attack that changes recovery animations based on whether the attack landed before a certain frame. So many interesting things may be possible. : O

D

Deleted member

you could probably make a character with a really complicated moveset wiith directionals like you said and different attacks on the diagonal tilts...
That sounds perfect for Lucario's ftilts.

Create 3 tilts that change completely depending on angle and do significant things.

Allow OHC for tilts or whatever.

Do cool combos.

Kinda like how Ganon in Melee can use his 3 forward tilts completely differently because theyre so good.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know of any characters gaining special attacks depending on how much damage they do to other characters?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Kirby's changes sound fun. Ivy's sound ghey.

as for kirby...how **** would it be if his Neut.B gave him all the B moves of the person he absorbed....that would **** so hard.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

as for kirby...how **** would it be if his Neut.B gave him all the B moves of the person he absorbed....that would **** so hard.
I'm pretty sure that for projectiles it's not possible, and in general loads and loads of work.

jalued

Smash Lord

why would u want that? kirby would lose everything that made him unique, not to mention that its a stupid idea because it would delay the game by months

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I wish you noobs would stop posting such ridiculous ideas in this thread.

I still want Kirby to have his 64 fair drill.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wow, complain much?

No, but serious question, is Mario's F-Smash considered a projectile, or is it simply a disjointed hitbox with a graphical animation?
When I'm answering the same utterly infeasible request two days in a row because people can't be arsed into reading 20 posts back, I think I'm entitled to some irritation.

Mario's Fsmash is just a graphical animation. Same with Zelda's Uair, Bowser's Fsmash explosion, etc.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Just a thought, would it be possible for Lucario to get a combination input like Hadoken?

+

Just to make things even more interesting....

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
When I'm answering the same utterly infeasible request two days in a row because people can't be arsed into reading 20 posts back, I think I'm entitled to some irritation.
You see? Entitlement is totally bringing down our society. We'll never get anything done if everyone thinks they deserve something that they don't.

Now then, I believe that the P:M team owes me a patch and a tier list :troll:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Just a thought, would it be possible for Lucario to get a combination input like Hadoken?

+

Just to make things even more interesting....
If you watched the Lucario video, you'd see that Lucario has the "Spirit Bomb." Hitting A+B does the slow moving large projectile.

Revven

FrankerZ
This is a good idea because most people don't enjoy watching Wario's down B.
"Watching"?... Wario's down b is an integral part of Wario's gameplay. There is no chance in heck we are removing it. It is extremely satisfying to finish combos with.

You're crazy if you actually think people hate this move. Your reasoning for supporting your idea is baffling because there's no evidence to support your claim. In fact, that is the weirdest reasoning I've ever heard for radically changing a character's move.

Clearly Wario farting offends people guys. Better censor it from the game for a new move. /sarcasm

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Is it possible for a character to unlock an ability during a life, after surpassing a certain threshold of damage given?

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong (and i may very well be), but Lucario seems to have that system in place. I don't know if it can be also given to another character, 'cause it might be Lucario-specific.

MaxThunder

PM Support
You see? Entitlement is totally bringing down our society. We'll never get anything done if everyone thinks they deserve something that they don't.

Now then, I believe that the P:M team owes me a patch and a tier list :troll:
i can at least say that pokemon trainer will be beyond bottom tier...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So I was thinking of a good way to describe Project M to my casual-playing friends from college in the event that a new patch/demo is released by next year and I go down to visit them in the spring. The best that I came up with was "it's an alternate universe version of Brawl if Brawl were a direct sequel to Melee instead of a separate game in the series."

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So I was thinking of a good way to describe Project M to my casual-playing friends from college in the event that a new patch/demo is released by next year and I go down to visit them in the spring. The best that I came up with was "it's an alternate universe version of Brawl if Brawl were a direct sequel to Melee instead of a separate game in the series."
"Imagine Brawl, but better. It's faster again, and more fun! And no characters suck!"

Xyless

Smash Master
That's how I've been seeing it.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Total noob question: I'm a Brawl player, and I'm currently pretty happy with vBrawl, but this mod seems really interesting. Considering I have absolutely no experience with high-level Melee play (I only learned what a wavedash was a couple months ago, lol), how difficult do you think it is to adjust to the new game? Judging from what I saw from videos and the Melee boards, Melee seems a lot harder and more demanding than Brawl (which isn't something I necessarily like).

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Total noob question: I'm a Brawl player, and I'm currently pretty happy with vBrawl, but this mod seems really interesting. Considering I have absolutely no experience with high-level Melee play (I only learned what a wavedash was a couple months ago, lol), how difficult do you think it is to adjust to the new game? Judging from what I saw from videos and the Melee boards, Melee seems a lot harder and more demanding than Brawl (which isn't something I necessarily like).
Well, if you're playing against players with a similar skill level to you you don't NEED to use the advanced techniques. If you want to play in tournaments it might be a good idea to pick up a slower, less tech skill focused character at the start (i.e. don't start with Fox, lol) Some characters are more forgiving and emphasize slower play than others.

However, this is coming from someone with no competitive melee experience so take everything with a grain of salt lol.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'd say give it a shot. Melee is hard at high level, but it's still insanely fun when you don't know anything advanced. P:M is probably not much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom