• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Honestly, if you're a melee player, wait for the next release. The demo is not bad, but if you have waited all this time, i recommend that you wait a little longer for an infinitely better version.
Funnily enough, I have just come out of a Melee session.

But yeah, still so curious, and still dissaponted that I cant run it on my Wii...

metroid1117

Smash Master
I was watching FireBall Stars' new videos, and something caught my eye - is the slide (aka Blastoff Glitch) at 2:07 going to be removed in the final product, or is it a result of the physics engine?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Loving that MK vid

Also I'd really wish FTilt was used in there somewhere- or at least it would be nice if someone could tell me its trajectory.

Ecks

Smash Lord
that is what I am most looking forward to being gone lol.

waiting for the patch
longest 2 weeks of my life :awesome:
Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like it, but it just feels smoother for me that way. Doesn't really matter that much, but I will miss it.

@Darkshooter did you try the Force NTSC/PAL60/PAL50? It should work, but if it doesn't, try the help chat at the title. Or you could wait for the patch, since, like it was stated above, you'll likely find it dissapointing.

:phone:

SolarChimecho

Smash Apprentice
At this point, updating the demo would be at least a good idea to ease the tension until the full game of PM comes out >_>. People are getting anxious for dat PM.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm guessing the PMBR is actually just a front to utilize hype as an alternative energy source. They're waiting to release a patch so that they can maximize hype output and power the world forever.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
I've really started to lose interest in Project M. It's too hard to keep up with streaming and videos and forum chat to understand whats happening with development. I enjoyed lemondrop's tutorial videos, but those have become dead... I know it's been said, many times, but the patch is really outdated. I know I will pick up Project M whenever it's done, but my excitement has kinda died down.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't think they plan to release a patch until Wifi and replays are fixed.

From what I recall, there has been 0 progress on either.

Be patient, people.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey guys, earlier today fellow PMBR members Gimpyfish and Fly Amanita were part of a livestream broadcast titled Melee State of the Game. This is a broadcast started by PEEF in an effort to gain followers and discuss the current metagame of Super Smash Bros. Melee with high level players.
Today, Gimpyfish and Fly were special guests, and while much of the subject matter was indeed Melee, good ol' Gimpyfish led the discussion to Project M from around 54 minutes to 1 hr 8 minutes (14 minutes total). If you're interested, here's the broadcast. If you like what you hear, consider becoming a follower to Peef's Twitch broadcast channel!

Thanks,

Strong Bad

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
Just listened to the P:M part of the broadcast, and I must say, I'm inspired. Unfortunately, I fall in that "sparsely populated" area of the U.S... oh, the joy of Utah living...

Is there a list of locations of P:M playtesters? They make it sound like there's a fair number of them around the U.S., and I'd really like to get in touch, if I can.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, earlier today fellow PMBR members Gimpyfish and Fly Amanita were part of a livestream broadcast titled Melee State of the Game. This is a broadcast started by PEEF in an effort to gain followers and discuss the current metagame of Super Smash Bros. Melee with high level players.
Today, Gimpyfish and Fly were special guests, and while much of the subject matter was indeed Melee, good ol' Gimpyfish led the discussion to Project M from around 54 minutes to 1 hr 8 minutes (14 minutes total). If you're interested, here's the broadcast. If you like what you hear, consider becoming a follower to Peef's Twitch broadcast channel!

Thanks,

Strong Bad
Thanks for the link, that was pretty entertaining and insightful.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
i really enjoyed the broadcast it set alot of things straight for people who might have interest in this project...The real problem i feel is that their are people like me who cant travel to far distances just to enjoy a game for 2 days and then go home back to melee. Like gimpyfish said this game is constantly being revised and edited. Honestly it would be nice to have a playtester near where im at. I live in KY and have just recently found out that their are more brawl players here then anything and i dont play brawl at all so i have to attempt to teach people melee. iv applyed at smashmods and got denied so hopefully soon their will be a playtester near here maybe in tenn or indiana idk. :bee:

Chillarmy

Smash Rookie
"... a better Melee" - common knowledge for months, but really good to hear nonetheless .-.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Peef sounded like he was uninterested and just trying to politely end the conversation for the whole second half of the discussion.

Chillarmy

Smash Rookie
That is not common knowledge, just a very bold opinion. Project M has still lot to prove to earn the title "Better/improved Melee"
?

Based off of the hype that P:M has gotten so far, it's very safe to say that P:M is "a 'better' Melee". Sure, it's not exactly anyone's place to determine whether a modification of a game 15+ months in the making is better than a game with a 10-year old metagame (that's still developing), but look at everything that's happened over the past several months. From vids to the demo to streams - this project has gained not only a lot of common feedback from pros, but also a fairly large fanbase. I, lurking SWF (the smash boards at least) for ages, have never seen such a huge populous for an unreleased hack. A large population is more than capable of turning a simple opinion into a fact or better, common knowledge. Gimpyfish, Kage, many members, myself - generally, everyone who posts in / lurks this thread - have already formulated an opinion about P:M. Needless to say, most of those said opinions are merely "P:M is legit" or something of that nature, but it still contributes to P:M's superiority over Melee.

Don't quote me on this, but the goal of P:M is to recreate the flow and technical reliance of Melee while keeping things "fresh", so to speak, with a dramatically enlarged cast and more balanced gameplay, i.e; more characters + viable characters. Of course this doesn't mean that every aspect of the game is better than Melee, as it's still just a hack (unless you guys plan on selling codesets to lazy coders :awesome:). Saying that P:M "still has a lot to prove" is just like me saying that Justin Bieber looks, sounds and probably smells like a 12-year old girl. It's an opinion when it comes out, but because a fair amount of people think similarly, it's nothing new to the typical person.

Er, please don't attack me
#back to lurking

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I know this is off-topic, but I thought this'd be the best place to ask...

Some friends of mine have convinced me to play Brawl+ again today, I was wondering if anyone had a rough tier list of the most recent version? Just so I know who is bad and who is good, doesn't need to be much more specific than that.

MaxThunder

PM Support
?

Based off of the hype that P:M has gotten so far, it's very safe to say that P:M is "a 'better' Melee". Sure, it's not exactly anyone's place to determine whether a modification of a game 15+ months in the making is better than a game with a 10-year old metagame (that's still developing), but look at everything that's happened over the past several months. From vids to the demo to streams - this project has gained not only a lot of common feedback from pros, but also a fairly large fanbase. I, lurking SWF (the smash boards at least) for ages, have never seen such a huge populous for an unreleased hack. A large population is more than capable of turning a simple opinion into a fact or better, common knowledge. Gimpyfish, Kage, many members, myself - generally, everyone who posts in / lurks this thread - have already formulated an opinion about P:M. Needless to say, most of those said opinions are merely "P:M is legit" or something of that nature, but it still contributes to P:M's superiority over Melee.

Don't quote me on this, but the goal of P:M is to recreate the flow and technical reliance of Melee while keeping things "fresh", so to speak, with a dramatically enlarged cast and more balanced gameplay, i.e; more characters + viable characters. Of course this doesn't mean that every aspect of the game is better than Melee, as it's still just a hack (unless you guys plan on selling codesets to lazy coders :awesome:). Saying that P:M "still has a lot to prove" is just like me saying that Justin Bieber looks, sounds and probably smells like a 12-year old girl. It's an opinion when it comes out, but because a fair amount of people think similarly, it's nothing new to the typical person.

Er, please don't attack me
#back to lurking
Wait wait wait... are you saying Justin Bieber isn't a 12-year old girl?? I'VE BEEN LIVING ON A LIE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom