• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Also, would it be possible, desirable, and effective to implement a universal, in-game limit on how many times anyone can grab the ledge before touching the ground (sorta like the tether limit)?
I think one of the brawl hacks had this code. To where you could only grab the ledge a certain amount of times then would force you up. or are you talking about something else?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
i thought his main problem was how spammable his upair is, maybe a new upAir is called for...
Apparently there already is.

he already had no glide after SL in PM
I know that, but just stating it. I watched some stream and someone used him.

Though I must admit Shuttle Loop kind of sucks. It doesn't always auto-hug the ledge.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
While I doubt MK is god tier material in P:M. Here is an obscure idea to make him a riskier character.

How about MK can only do one aerial attack per double jump? Now I know that most MK players do a dair, uair, in conjunction with all of MK's jumps, but think about what kind of changes this makes in MK's game.

1. As soon as MK aerials, he has one of these choices: Get to the ground, Jump again, glide, or special fall in one of 5 different ways.
2. In conjunction with 2, if opponents play the bait game against MK and get him to whiff, then prediction becomes quite simple and only gets simplier the higher MK goes. This also means that evasive action will not reward MK players who are putting themsevles at risk with each jump.
3. MK will be incredibly vulnerable to juggling if he has used all of his jumps and his last aerial. This will be his true weakness and the key to fighting MK: force him to use all of his jumps.
4. MK players will have to be more precise with their attacks since they will always be forced to jump if they want to try again.
5. Hitting the ground or ledge is even more rewarding.

Of course, I am not even sure if all of these factors will go into play and make a difference... (or be possible to code for that matter) what I am certain of is that (if this gets impletmented) that MK players will be urged to develop an onstage game more and make evading an exploitable weakness.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Why would we give a character an absurd, extremely pointed limitation like that when we have the opportunity to just design him properly in the first place?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's the kind of basic-game-fundamental-breaking nerf that makes a character almost worthless (like not being able to jump out of shield, olololol). There's no reason to ruin a character like that when, like Shadic said, they can just make him play like a normal character.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
Hey, has the backroom discussed anything as far as the suggestion for Link's Dtilt I suggested earlier?

Just curious

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Are you guys going to change the CSS icon names to the Levi Brush font? It'd make more sense seeing how everything is in that font. Even the percentage font could use it.

I really don't want a patch to demo 1 if it's not going to be adding characters. I'm so bored with it. A demo 2 with more characters seems better.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Are you guys going to change the CSS icon names to the Levi Brush font? It'd make more sense seeing how everything is in that font. Even the percentage font could use it.
CSS icons with the specific font we've used ends up being ugly and illegible. We might look for some other font that's similarly styled that is cleaner at small sizes at some point in the future.

theram2k4

Smash Rookie
Brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-)brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) brwal is amazing newbs! Get rick rolled!!!! :-) yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! :-)

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ Don't people do that intentionally?

And he has a Melee avatar and postbit so he's probably just being dumb.

Edit: Oh yeah, what did you guys end up doing with Zamus' down b? And was JCs' stream recorded? My crappy old iPod crashed trying to play the stream. lol

:phone:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The only intentional misspelling of Brawl is "Barlw". Anything else is just a typo or a troll comment.

humble

Smash Ace
By the way, just a thought as to a planking possible solution; with each subsequent ledge grab until you touch the ground, the duration of the invincibility is reduced, until you have none at all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jalued: cuz his old one sucked & we'll tell you if we want you to know.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
I love watching Mario play in his current state, but I think he should be tweaked in a couple of ways to polish him further.

SMW cape mixed with the current cape with some conditions:

While running, press F+B to initiate the SMW glide that launches him diagonally into the air. Up tilt to hover, down to dive bomb(Direct hit is a spike while floor contact creates a relatively small area of affect). Jump and attack cancel-able , and can only be initiated from the ground.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
By the way, just a thought as to a planking possible solution; with each subsequent ledge grab until you touch the ground, the duration of the invincibility is reduced, until you have none at all.

planking ain't really an issue in P:M/melee

no need for this

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
In the demo every time i roll from the edge to edgeguard someone they still grab like in brawl, has this been fixed?

Also I was looking at some warios vids and his foward B (I think it's that move) it looked like could be spamed, I saw opponents blocking it and it seemd safe on block and with a lot of priority, the ganon player couldnt find a way to beat this move, lucky the wario sucked. Anyway is this move safe at all on block? If so I dont think I have seen a foward attack with that range, start up, priority and speed in smash before to be safe even Ike's foward B on block was unsafe. If it is safe i think it should be fixed, at the most it should have a landing lag if used in the air and some recovery frames on block. If not when warios metagame evolves it will become and absurd move to deal with.

Think of ganon, all of his foward and down B moves are unsafe, like a gamble High risk High reward, Why should wario be any different

Revven

FrankerZ
In the demo every time i roll from the edge to edgeguard someone they still grab like in brawl, has this been fixed?
*Sigh*... No, it hasn't because it hasn't been found..

Also I was looking at some warios vids and his foward B (I think it's that move) it looked like could be spamed, I saw opponents blocking it and it seemd safe on block and with a lot of priority, the ganon player couldnt find a way to beat this move, lucky the wario sucked. Anyway is this move safe at all on block? If so I dont think I have seen a foward attack with that range, start up, priority and speed in smash before to be safe even Ike's foward B on block was unsafe. If it is safe i think it should be fixed, at the most it should have a landing lag if used in the air and some recovery frames on block. If not when warios metagame evolves it will become and absurd move to deal with.

Think of ganon, all of his foward and down B moves are unsafe, like a gamble High risk High reward, Why should wario be any different
I don't know what videos you were watching but in any case, they were probably a few weeks to a few months old. Wario has gone through some minor rebalancing in regards to Side B (that is still being tested), so don't worry about it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
melee ledge occupancy is stupidly long anyway.

Plus it makes for more intense edge guarding, especially for friendlies. People only whine cause they are not used to it.

I think it should have a bit more length, but honestly, if anything, I would want ledge occupancy to be the thing the PMBR cannot fix.

anyone streaming tonight?

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
ohhh ok, hope you are all able to fix that-the edge problem, this game has some really good potential

On wario, well yeah the vids were kind of old and dont get me wrong that side b move was a brilliant idea, I just felt it needed some fixing but u are all on to it.

And BTW Puerto Rico will like to get its hand on this game to. There are stuff we want to test and the opportunity to play it.

Keep up the good work.

D

Deleted member

Anything cool that you guys can share with Pikachu?

By the way, do you guys have any good Pika playtesters?

Ecks

Smash Lord
ledge occupancy is bad in both games. Melee's is too long and Brawl's is too short. Hopefully you guys will be able to change it.

crush

Smash Master
melee ledge occupancy is stupidly long anyway.

Plus it makes for more intense edge guarding, especially for friendlies. People only whine cause they are not used to it.

I think it should have a bit more length, but honestly, if anything, I would want ledge occupancy to be the thing the PMBR cannot fix.

anyone streaming tonight?
The unfixed ledge occupancy leads to some really dumb stuff in matchups like fox vs marth.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather see Melee's ledge occupancy return in its entirety.

Characters who have poor offstage edgeguard options or are poor at edgeguarding need it. It makes the best edgeguarders better, but it allows for poorer characters to do more at the same time.

That and Melee is perfectly crafted by the divine hands of the gods therefore ledge occupancy is perfect

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ I like it how both of you are advertising drinks.

And yeah, I'd rather have Melee's ledge occupancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom