• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I remembered a question I asked that didn't get answered: are you going to release the font used for essentially everything in the menus and stage titles? I want to make some custom stage titles, but I can't copy the letters straight from the stage title files because of how they overlap. Now that I mentioned the info.pac, I also remembered that I could make a damage % style from the numbers in P:M's font too.
If you get to finish up those names would you be willing to share them? I have a couple stages I put in myself as well.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you get to finish up those names would you be willing to share them? I have a couple stages I put in myself as well.
Yeah, just gotta get the font from the team if that's possible :p
Any stage names in particular? I just need to make titles for Dracula's Castle (Brawl Vault release), Kongo Jungle, and Hyrule Castle.

EDIT: Oh, and KC:MM Grand Stadium and KC:MM City.

Stevo

Smash Champion

Made for melee
I'm not really sure if you are agreeing with me that it is a melee controller, or if you are pointing out my error in judgement.

Either way, I stand by what I called it.

who plays other GC games or even wii games for that matter.

****, who plays other games period (other than P:M demo, of course) /halfsarcasm
Uhh there's light presses dude, there won't be any difference here between CC and GCN controllers.
Alright then.

I'm just going on feel here. I am trying to give things the benefit of the doubt and keep trying, but I'm telling you I cannot wavedash out of shield in the way I have been doing it for years. Perhaps it is the different ways of performing it, I don't know.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm just going on feel here. I am trying to give things the benefit of the doubt and keep trying, but I'm telling you I cannot wavedash out of shield in the way I have been doing it for years. Perhaps it is the different ways of performing it, I don't know.
well actually, you said that you don't release the button all the way when wavedashing OoS right?

That would be impossible in PM because light presses count as a button input (so you haven't let go of the button yet).

It will take some adjustment, but you should be able to wavedash OoS again after some practice.

are you guys absolutely sure you can't ledgetech? i just did it with falcon

What we mean is that you can't ASDI into the stage to ledgetech in project M, meaning you can't just hold towards the stage and hit L/R to tech a move that doesn't normally send you into the stage.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just gotta get the font from the team if that's possible :p
Any stage names in particular? I just need to make titles for Dracula's Castle (Brawl Vault release), Kongo Jungle, and Hyrule Castle.

EDIT: Oh, and KC:MM Grand Stadium and KC:MM City.
I'd be needing Kongo Jungle and Hyrule Castle as well, so the only one I'd need for myself would be Green Hill Zone.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Someone would have to edit the .rel to do that much like how the hitboxes in stages like PTAD and Pirate Ship were done. I don't think Razanak has plans for anything beyond making sure the stage collisions and death boundaries are very close to the original, but I don't know for sure.

Stevo

Smash Champion
well actually, you said that you don't release the button all the way when wavedashing OoS right?

That would be impossible in PM because light presses count as a button input (so you haven't let go of the button yet).

It will take some adjustment, but you should be able to wavedash OoS again after some practice.
YES!!

thank you, I actually just got back from playing around with WD OoS.

basically I never used to fully release the shield button in melee when doing it, so in brawl it never recognizes the different inputs, as they are seen as the same button or whatever.

I have come to the conclusion that it would not be THAT difficult to get used to in the end.

I guess what I am trying to say here, is it might be a similar reaction for many melee players to the reaction to Landing detection, but you CAN get used to it after a while.

crush

Smash Master

What we mean is that you can't ASDI into the stage to ledgetech in project M, meaning you can't just hold towards the stage and hit L/R to tech a move that doesn't normally send you into the stage.
ya thats what im saying, i was using falcon and i upbed into the ledge and got marth forward smashed and i teched it and it worked

M!nt

Smash Champion
Well, I just started looking into the info.pac more and I'm positive there are ways to manipulate and move around the GUI. Stock icons should be fairly simple to reposition as long as I find out what bones are used for the four players (there's two extras for six participant scenarios). Sadly, I can't test anything at the moment, but when I get the chance, I'll happily work towards a more 64/Melee-esque conservative GUI (save for the stock heads, which is really a shame).
Cool I look forward to seeing your work on this and yes It is quite a shame about the stock heads.:c

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question. I just downloaded a batch of Melee skins to put on the various Melee veterans to make it even more like Melee.

However, they all come with Fit[char]MotionEtc.pac files. I was under the impression that that file is what's responsible for changes in a character's moveset. Is that correct?

If so, can I remove the MotionEtc files from the Melee skins and still have them function, with P:M gameplay unaltered?

This is the place I got them from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295510

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Cool I look forward to seeing your work on this and yes It is quite a shame about the stock heads.:c
I don't have access to my Wii until probably either this weekend or in the worst scenario, Spring Break so I won't be able to test any changes. However, I may throw around some test files on here to get some results from people at the very least. I just really hope I don't have to make the battle portraits blank to make this work. The last thing I want to do is edit 200+ individual portraits because they're all stored individually rather than in an compiled pack like CSPs.

Here's a question. I just downloaded a batch of Melee skins to put on the various Melee veterans to make it even more like Melee.

However, they all come with Fit[char]MotionEtc.pac files. I was under the impression that that file is what's responsible for changes in a character's moveset. Is that correct?

If so, can I remove the MotionEtc files from the Melee skins and still have them function, with P:M gameplay unaltered?

This is the place I got them from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295510
The MotionEtc file is responsible for usually all the articles and contains all of the character's animations. You're thinking of the Fit[Character].pac file.

Some characters' MotionEtc files also contain a few textures and models (generally characters with articles like Mario and Link). Besides a few animations that were changed in the file, you can just export the textures in them (if they're different) and import them into the P:M character's MotionEtc. The vertextures work fine without the Fit[Character].pac and Fit[Character]MotionEtc.pac.

Zef

Smash Ace
Well, there are some side effects, lol.

Falcon's Melee texture causes his entrance to go insane. His car drives in sideways or something.... But it doesn't affect gameplay

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, there are some side effects, lol.

Falcon's Melee texture causes his entrance to go insane. His car drives in sideways or something.... But it doesn't affect gameplay
It also alters things like the Raptor Boost graphic and any general effects that movements produce by rotating them in weird direction. I believe that is due to certain disabled bones on his model (Outset Toon Link also happens to have the same side effect). I don't think any of the other Melee packs disable bones and it's actually rather rare that bones need to be disabled anyways.

M!nt

Smash Champion
hmm i don't have any of these problems. maybe because im using KTHs textures?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Do you mean with Captain Falcon or in general? I believe most of the other Melee packs by KTH's team doesn't make use of disabling bones.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
You can't create a tier list for a demo? I was unaware of this, please explain as to why you couldn't make one on the characters we have now.
He never said you couldn't but the game itself isn't fully polished yet the whole 'tier' list could change in an instant

Konner

Smash Cadet
He never said you couldn't but the game itself isn't fully polished yet the whole 'tier' list could change in an instant
The "not finished yet" part implied that it wasn't able to be done. I.E. you wouldn't run a 50m sprint on a 25m track.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
The "not finished yet" part implied that it wasn't able to be done. I.E. you wouldn't run a 50m sprint on a 25m track.
The possibility of you making a tier list is possible go ahead but it would be made pointless by the next update so yeah.....

Ulevo

Smash Master
The mere fact that Dantarion could use his wizardry and possibly fix landing detection, Brawl DI, and many other things like...anywhere from tomorrow to years from now implies that the moment those changes (if and when) are implemented, the tier list will shift drastically. I don't see a point in speculating tier lists for a demo that won't even matter a month from now.

Also, I am a genius.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The mere fact that Dantarion could use his wizardry and possibly fix landing detection, Brawl DI, and many other things like...anywhere from tomorrow to years from now implies that the moment those changes (if and when) are implemented, the tier list will shift drastically. I don't see a point in speculating tier lists for a demo that won't even matter a month from now.

Also, I am a genius.
More like it won't even matter a week from now.

**** goes so fast lol

BigWenz

Smash Ace
since im not gonna read thru 20+ pages of whats probably mostly nonsense so if this was mentioned before my bad but what happened to mario having docs fsmash as well as marios. i.e if it hits up close its docs fsmash and if it hits farther away its marios fsmash.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well it's not like we're going to be be updating the demo every week. I guess you could make a demo tier list.

But with the demo being 2 days old...that'll be pretty hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom