• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
"You can argue opinions, but it's pointless in conversations like this, because no matter what you do, no matter how logical, statistical, and factual you are, opinions do not need to have any logical, factual, or statistical base behind them."
What makes this conversation different than say, an average topic a debating team is given. For example: Should children wear school uniforms or not?

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
What makes this conversation different than say, an average topic a debating team is given. For example: Should children wear school uniforms or not?
It's different because you're not arguing with the other person(well, you are, but you're not trying to prove your point to them), you're arguing to prove your point to the judges, and possibly other spectators. Here, you were / are trying to prove how fun MKWii is to someone who enjoys the game.

If the two of us argued the point in your example, and we had opposing opinions, it would likely lead nowhere, except for the opposing parties acknowledging some valid points they may potential have while probably ending the argument with a respectful disagreement.

Ulevo

Smash Master

Anyway.

As for that subspace stage. Honestly, we have neutrals coming out of are ***. I'd rather just leave it as a counter pick if it has to be appointed as a counter pick stage for the sake of leaving its integrity in tact.

stingers

Smash Obsessed

Anyway.

As for that Subspace stage, honestly. We have neutrals coming out of are ***. I'd rather just leave it as a counterpick if it has to be appointed as a counter pick stage for the sake of leaving its integrity in tact.
For the sake of argument, why would it be better for a stage to be less balanced when there's no real meaningful value in leaving it how it is? Certainly nobody has any actual attachment to the stage, nobody would mind seeing the center platform lowered for stronger competitive viability.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
We weren't arguing about whether they were different, I was just asking how

So... I remember a while ago people were arguing about Sheik's chain jacket being over-powered or something, is that still an issue or what?

Ulevo

Smash Master
For the sake of argument, why would it be better for a stage to be less balanced when there's no real meaningful value in leaving it how it is? Certainly nobody has any actual attachment to the stage, nobody would mind seeing the center platform lowered for stronger competitive viability.
Eh. Competitive merit or none at all, it's a fairly nice stage as is. If the stage is going to be tweaked for the sake of balance, I'd rather have a justified reason. Given the fact that we have many neutrals at our disposal, and the stage is very playable without tweaks, I don't see that justification.

But I was just humouring your argument, I'm really indifferent on the subject.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
How are characters viable in Mario Kart? I can see sizes, but characters have no real differences apart from size classes. As for the item balance part, obviously Mario Kart in general isn't the right game for you.
Every character has minor stat buffs across the board that effect every bike or cart they use.

For example, Baby daisy has faster speed and better boosting, making the baby daisy +Bullet bike combination very fast and adept at tightly woven courses like Rainbow Road. Funky King has a big speed bonus and good offroad capabilities, which when combined with a course like Moo Moo Meadows and either a fast bike like the Torpedo or Bowser Bike, or more often a bike with good offroad as well such as the Wario Bike, makes for a very annoying slippery fish that tears ahead of opponents. When faced with such an adversary your best option is to camp at an item box spot and spam blue shells on that *******.

The biggest problem I have with MKWii is the fact that Bikes are just so much better than karts. They have better stats and can increase their speed further using wheelies, while the only extra thing karts can do is use red spark boosts (Bikes can only use blue), which is almost always irrelevant because most levels have sharp turns and the removal of manual sparking makes it impossible to get a full boost most of the time. They already tuned down regular turning ability as a method to do away with snaking (An admittedly worthwhile venture), but without manual sparks, karts just can't keep up around corners like they should.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"You can argue opinions, but it's pointless in conversations like this, because no matter what you do, no matter how logical, statistical, and factual you are, opinions do not need to have any logical, factual, or statistical base behind them."

Talking **** about a game people like isn't going to make them not like it anymore, or prove something to them. Read please, thank you.
yeah but brawl sucks

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Too many people have dash sideB moves. I think pit's sideB should be him throwing out a ring of light sorta like a boomerang. obvious Link comparison, but I'm going with it anyway.

D

Deleted member

But you know, characters who have good movement capabilities with their moves or physics are much more viable.

Side-b's that allow for movement generally give more options.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
GrimFandango is like the most stubborn person on this planet lol, no point in arguing with him

Other people are just acting stubborn cause it's the internet and nobody thinks twice about what they say.

<Insert Project: M Hype here>

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Tsk, tsk...

It's because of brawl that PM is a reality... so it clearly doesn't suck that much :p
Trufax: w/o hacking, brawl would be worthless and i might have smashed my copy with a hammer by now.

Or perhaps just sold it to buy another copy of melee

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
No Melee vs Brawl or off-topic/spam posts, lest I be forced to

:stupidfox:

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
King Of Hearts Diary <3

Today this board is crazy... impatient people being impatient and arguing about mario kart wii....

Honestly I make more progress with my eyes closed because MKwii is a non fair of competitive game, but strongbad was right...brawl was worst. I think were getting to the point of cannibalism.... Grim is arguing with people and Guu is suggesting twilight sparkles when we fast fall and shadic gave us a hype taco.... soon this will turn very donner party and kaizo13 has been eyeballing jahkzheng like he was a bowl of ceareal treats. Thunderhorse and Stingers threatened me with canadians playing PM If I keep driving on the right side of the road.

I hyped more people in college... they love mortal kombat...to much.. but they will come to smash.

Soon dant magic powers will grow and he will turn into the akria monster... I got hit in the head by a fat boy in a hover wheel chair...The DI hype taco keeps me warm...:alakadoof:

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_U_uD5ewow&feature=related

The last match at 3:13.... the commentary was awesome XD
I cant wait to see this in PM... other then brawl camping... it isnt as magical XD

PS. Count how many cliff hangers soft has!

On a serious note.... cant there be anything changed on the lives count on the bottom of the screen? Those little balls could be at a darker opacity or changed to heads/anything? Also the number percentage changed to this?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6764
I thought It might be more fitting to show off how new PM is. B)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I can't believe this thread, of all places, is having that ****ty competitive gaming internet argument that should have ended 10 years ago. Won't everyone shut up and talk about more important things? For example, nobody responded to this post:

Dant has halfway fixed DI.

There. Hype.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe this thread, of all places, is having that ****ty competitive gaming internet argument that should have ended 10 years ago. Won't everyone shut up and talk about more important things? For example, nobody responded to this post:

I did! Hype taco kept me warm :D
If dant give us DI!!! It means that we have a chance to move out of combos(and death...cant forget possibly escaping boundary death) which This will become an awesome Christmas time after all!

Starscream

Smash Ace
I did! Hype taco kept me warm :D
If dant give us DI!!! It means that we have a chance to move out of combos(and death...cant forget possibly escaping boundary death) which This will become an awesome Christmas time after all!
Uh.. no. The point of fixing DI isn't to increase our chances of escaping combos and death. Brawl DI is already too ridiculous yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom