• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't think it's because ICs are broken. Like JC said, completely losing control is incredibly frustrating. I'd rather see an alternative to them that still makes their grab game fantastic and improve other parts of their game that need it. I do understand that the Nana AI hasn't been touched yet.

CTL17

Smash Lord
They aren't a huge threat in the modern scene. Wobbles is the best at the moment by a decent margin and he wins pretty big tourneys often. Other ICs who win tourneys sometimes are Chu, Trail, UberIce, and me.

edit: Actually, I'm not sure how often all of those players win tourneys, but they do well nonetheless.
Chu won many large tournaments many years ago. Things have changed since then.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
For the record, though... wall locks are you making a costly, but easily avoidable mistake 98% of the time. You generally have no reason to get wall locked.
Sure, they're still out of place tho. There's no reason for it to work too. You are in a wall, you don't need to be punished harshly because you were just... kinda... in the wall.

At least in Melee, it only works with fox's shine (at least as much as I know, if there's more I would like to know).

As long as I know also, that was removed since Brawl+ thank god(except fox's shine and some other little menacing moves).

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Also, could you create a custom stage select screen? One that is divided up into neutrals, counter picks, and banned stages for categories?
Messing with the stage select screen messes with replays pretty badly. I tries using the Custom SSS code a while ago, and the SSS looked fine, but any replays saved while you have a Custom SSS code can causes freezes just by scrolling through the replays.

It also did things like for example, if I saved a match that was FD, on the replay screen, that match would still say Final Destination as the stage, but would show the picture for Halberd or some other stage.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah.
PW fixed that with his version of the SSS code when he made the Stage Roster Expansion system.

Anyway, The ICs should have their general KB at Melee levels.
Maybe make Nana's Knockback even stronger or something. for the time being.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
as of the latest i've seen....up-b is still rather short, i believe they did add a little momentum but still looks no-where near Melee's reach

also i think side-b still keeps momentum coming out of the side-b when it should just drop straight down ala Melee

Revven

FrankerZ
hmmm, did you guys fix Fox/Falco's upB or is it still impossible to do?
as of the latest i've seen....up-b is still rather short, i believe they did add a little momentum but still looks no-where near Melee's reach

also i think side-b still keeps momentum coming out of the side-b when it should just drop straight down ala Melee
Dantarion is the only one who can change the Up Bs, afaik he has not posted the floats for us that we need to have to modify Falco's Up B. Fox's Up B is fine... however...

As far as Side Bs go, both haven't been touched other than hitbox tweaks to them and their snapping to the ledges. We have a lot of other stuff to do but we have not forgotten to modify them at all, it's not that it's impossible it's that we are busy with other things as well (mostly general gameplay things that affect everyone i.e ledge grab box sizes).

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I that video I noticed that MK struggles really hard to even obtain some type of useful vertical distance with his additional jumps. Can he not get a little more float out of those wings than that?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
He doesn't need it if he still has his Drill rush since it isn't affected by Gravity.
What do you mean? MK falls right out of Drill Rush in P:M compared to the way he bounces back a bit, and then falls in vBrawl. Don't get me wrong, he's still got good recovery options, but his jumps are pathetic. It almost looks like Charizard gets better lift from his jumps, than MK, and MK has wings equivalent to that of Charizard's and a smaller body.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
He doesn't bounce out of Drill Rush?

Well, I don't see it as too much of an issue, but if it does become one, all that should be done is to alter the vertical velocity of the jumps to not decrease.

Not too hard considering that there are floats for controlling the individual jumps in MultiJumpData.

In the vid, the vertical velocity decays.

This shouldn't be for Winged Characters IMO, but whatever.

Revven

FrankerZ
I that video I noticed that MK struggles really hard to even obtain some type of useful vertical distance with his additional jumps. Can he not get a little more float out of those wings than that?
In that video, it didn't look to me Mewtwo2000 was using the full PM package because he didn't have Kirby's 64 Nair. To me, it looked like he was just using the .gct which doesn't have very many if any character changes.

So, basing any judgement off that video of how MK is... impossible because it's not the actual build.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
In that video, it didn't look to me Mewtwo2000 was using the full PM package because he didn't have Kirby's 64 Nair. To me, it looked like he was just using the .gct which doesn't have very many if any character changes.

So, basing any judgement off that video of how MK is... impossible because it's not the actual build.
Oh, all right. That might explain why it looked like MK had to strain for some additional lift on his second jumps.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol. It didn't matter to me. I'm an Ike/Ganon main for P:M. I still want them to implement Ike players having to hit 'A' twice for the second part of his Dsmash.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Has it been determined as to what kind of speed Ike will have? I honestly think giving him high air speed, a fast dash speed, and a great shffl (but a crap wavedash) would help distance him from the "Ganon with a sword" vibe he creates.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Has it been determined as to what kind of speed Ike will have? I honestly think giving him high air speed, a fast dash speed, and a great shffl (but a crap wavedash) would help distance him from the "Ganon with a sword" vibe he creates.
All I can say is, let them handle Ike. He's pretty excellent as is.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Alright.

Also, since Pichu is being brought back with Roy and Mewtwo... I put some thought into an interesting way to make Pichu not only more viable, but also to give players a reason to opt him over Pikachu's superior range.

What if you could choose whether or not you wanted to electrify pichu and damage yourself for ALL of his attacks? No, I am not talking about a spin-off of Lucas's offense up or Lucario's revamped aura. In fact, I think this would work better if it had nothing to do with his b moves at all.

Instead, I think it would be interesting if while Pichu is attacking the player can press A [again] to electrify pichu for the rest of the attack. This will alter the affects of the attack (such as increasing KB, making the attack multi hit, changing trajectories, etc.) but also damage pichu.

Furthermore, you can elaborate on this Pichu specific technique to create small learning curves. For instance, there can be certain timeframes within his attack animations where "electrifying" pichu would heed better results than arbitrarily pressing A. For instance, Pichu's "non-electrical" fsmash could be a weak headbutt. If you press A to electrify early in the animation it'll be melee fsmash. However, if the player doesn't press A until the full extension of the headbutt in the animation, the fsmash will have farther reach and won't be multi hit.

Of course, I don't know if something like this can be coded. I am just trying to be creative. But since pichu will probably be made ground up I thought this suggestion might stand a chance for being implemented in light of the circumstances.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Just a question, but I think it has already been answered. Oh well...
Will it be necesary to use Riivolution for P:M ? Or will Gecko OS be ok ? Because like many others I'm a PAL user, so I don't have the original copy of SSBB in US.

OverLade

Smash Hero
As long as he still can't Scrooge/Plank, everything should be OK.
You can still scrooge and you can still plank. However scrooging is now extremely dangerous as you don't get your jump back from cancelling a glide (so basically you can be hit out of it pretty realistically on just about every stage). MK can still technically plank though the decrease in ledge invincibility will definitely make it less effective/more dangerous. I can't say for sure whether it'll even work I'll probably do some testing later.

On the whole MK's doing dumb stuff isn't anything to worry about. If Nadospam, planking and scrooging aren't safe then people will just have to play him like any other character, albeit a really good character.

D

Deleted member

Wow that FoD hack is amazing.

He's slow at doing the stage, but he's doing a pretty spot on job.

There's even water splashes. I hope the reflections in the water and the background come out nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom