• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I saw a couple of videos and I noticed a few things:

1. Arent you guys going to add Melee's hookshot recovery to link? His recovery is pretty bad so I think he'll need it.

2. I noticed that Mario's down air will be melees drill, but I also noticed that he still has that water gun thing. If thats so, then how will he recover without tornado? unless you guys placed the gun in some other buttons or something. Otherwise, he will not recover from far away.

3. I was watching da shiz wiz vs Hungrybox and I noticed that Hungry couldnt grab to rest, not even in 0%. Are you guys fixing that or you will leave it as it is?

Thanks for your time. Im looking forward for this
I wanna try to answer

1. they can't because they don't have the capabilities to program wall grapple. Link's recovery was improved with AGT as well i think.

2. idfk

3. they haven't fixed throws yet.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
1. We'd like to fix tethers to work like Melee but it just doesn't seem possible right now.

2. The water gun will probably end up being replaced by the tornado eventually, just haven't gotten to it yet. Also, Mario can walljump out of his up-B (like the glitch in Melee but easier), so that helps his recovery on stages with walls.

3. Jiggs' throws (and throws in general) haven't been fully Meleefied yet, because they aren't as simple as regular attacks. All in due time.

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
1. We'd like to fix tethers to work like Melee but it just doesn't seem possible right now.

2. The water gun will probably end up being replaced by the tornado eventually, just haven't gotten to it yet. Also, Mario can walljump out of his up-B (like the glitch in Melee but easier), so that helps his recovery on stages with walls.

3. Jiggs' throws (and throws in general) haven't been fully Meleefied yet, because they aren't as simple as regular attacks. All in due time.

Thanks :) Im looking forward to this. So far, I haven't missed anything.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't see why you guys would do that when Tornado is balls compared to Fludd.

Revven

FrankerZ
well marth cant short hop double fair my bad. unless i played a old version lol.

also power sheilding is mad easy now.
It's harder to do because of landing detection but it is doable. As for powershielding, there isn't much more we can do about it. It's 1 frame for physical attacks and I forget what it is for projectiles but it's like 1-2 frames higher (just like it is in Melee).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
you guys should just give fludd faster charge time and make it do like 4-5%.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
double @ falco oh really thats cool hopefuly i get a chance to try soon.

also i like the power sheilding now actualy lol. Im not complaning about but just stating things I reconize :)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Unbalancing not broken, just unbalancing :p

The tornado can be polished so it can be better than fludd
how? the number of ways fluud can be used is longer than you think man.

you cant just buff tornado thinking it'd ultimately be more useful than fluud.

the way the move works just naturally gives it less usage than fluud in a general sense.

Unless you give Mario Luigi's tornado, the move aint gonna be much more practical unless you buff it to silly proportions.

I was just wondering about how would link and mario will recover if those particular things are not placed. Fludd is good and it helps with gymping but, without tornado he cant recover from far away
Fluud gives a huge horizontal momentum boost.

The only thing I see port of Tornado doing better than fluud is vertical recovery. Just because Mario's recovery aint all that good doesnt mean you should replace an all around good special for a special primarily used for nothing but a vertical recovery. So what if his recovery is lol. Link's is more lol but Link ***** face regardless.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I am pretty aware of fludd usage neko, but if it's decided by the P:MBR that the Tornado will replace fludd, it will be clear that it can be better or Mario will get compensated if not.

I like both moves and I believe that Tornado has potential if properly buffed, whatever move stay, I won't complain if the character is balanced and viable.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I only have one question, the answer to which, I hope, is "Yes":

Given the return of Hyrule Castle, are you bringing back Peach's Castle from Smash64?

D

Deleted member

Cape outperforms Fludd at both recovering (FLUDD is too situational, must have it charged) and gimping. It also reflects both momentum and projectiles and turns around opponents messing their spacing up.

As nice as FLUDD is, the cape outdoes FLUDD at most situations. FLUDD is just too situational depending on being charged and on the opponent's spacing whereas cape is ready to go at anytime.

Tornado does almost nothing to help Mario's game, but it could do something with the right ideas and buffs. It could be buffed to move further and faster when used on the ground, to combo, to have more priority, and to recover better horizontally and vertically.

SSB64 mid air tornado spike would be amazing too.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
For FLUDD, it certainly doesn't need to do damage. What needs to be done, besides faster charge time, is specifically allowing him to act faster in recovery. It will give it a lot more options. Also, allow it lift him when shot down if you're complaining about recovery, which does suck. FLUDD is kind of cool in teams when it can be used.

If Tornado were re-implemented, I suggest that it acts closer to the 64 version. The air version should be perhaps a weak meteor on the bottom. Fair should be a spike more than that! The hits for air and grounded should also connect better. Wind boxes on the grounded and maybe air I think would be interesting because he could pull in rollers and stuff. I'm still split on which should be in, but if it's just Melee tornado leave FLUDD.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
FLUDD can always be used to mess up an opponent's spacing. If it isn't a long range aerial to begin with, they'll be in a position for Mario to punish by the time they end up reaching him. It doesn't require a very heavy charge for this either, and near a ledge it's an easy way to get an opponent off stage. I wouldn't know how effective or ineffective FLUDD has remained in a Melee environment, but those are always uses I've found for it.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
There's a possibility of uncharged fludd to mess with the opponent L-cancel timing by clashing with aerials. It's situational since until fludd starts pumping water takes some time.

drpepper, that's my vision of the Tornado too, I had suggest some time ago the spike also. Don't know if being a combo tool or having Doctor Tornado knockback would be better, but it should have less SDI capacity thus, difficulting getting away of it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
the odds of catching an opponent in an air dodge arent that high bro
Actually they would be very high if GaW had brawl Nair as his Uair. The nature of the move would make it beat everything, meaning that trying to outspace GaW on the way down with an attack would be impossible... this would mean your only options would be to airdodge or get hit, which is why I woudln't advocate a return of brawl nair. It has way too much priority and is like a sex kick as far as it's duration...

Broken.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Actually they would be very high if GaW had brawl Nair as his Uair. The nature of the move would make it beat everything, meaning that trying to outspace GaW on the way down with an attack would be impossible... this would mean your only options would be to airdodge or get hit, which is why I woudln't advocate a return of brawl nair. It has way too much priority and is like a sex kick as far as it's duration...

Broken.
That parachute's priority is... the highest in the game I think?

IMO either turn down the priority or Melee N-air.

OverLade

Smash Hero
That parachute's priority is... the highest in the game I think?

IMO either turn down the priority or Melee N-air.
There's no such thing as aerial priority, in the air only range matters. and melee nair has been brought back. Someone suggested switching Uair to brawl nair which is what I was objecting to.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
there's barely priority on the ground, too. basically everything clashes except snake.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i was making a joke.
because snake has huge damage output.
harhar....

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Another charizard correlation here. What if fludd (and I suppose squirtle's water gun to be fair) had a charge similar to flamethrower? It starts out strong, but gets weaker the more you use it and you have to wait for it to charge up again.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
cape outperforms fludd at both recovering (fludd is too situational, must have it charged) and gimping. It also reflects both momentum and projectiles and turns around opponents messing their spacing up.

what? No. Fludd is a more effective gimping tool when used effectively. If anything, cape is ezmode compared to fludd, but fludd's range of effectiveness extends farther out than cape. And for horizontal distance purposes, cape doesn't hold a candle to a fully charged fludd for recovering.

Is fluud situational? Yeah. But so is cape and tornado. Out of those 3, tornado sees the least use. As for charging, so what? Any respectable mario main will have fludd charged at all times, just as samus has her charge shot charged, lucarios have aura sphere charged, and lucas' have offense up charged.

Fludd may not reflect projectiles, but it negates momentum and it can push away. It also creates a hitlag induced frame advantage for mario, which is far more than you can say for tornado. :/

as nice as fludd is, the cape outdoes fludd at most situations. Fludd is just too situational depending on being charged and on the opponent's spacing whereas cape is ready to go at anytime.

the aspect of it having to be charged is negliable. :/

the cape can outdo fludd in a selection of situations and vise verse.

tornado does almost nothing to help mario's game, but it could do something with the right ideas and buffs. It could be buffed to move further and faster when used on the ground, to combo, to have more priority, and to recover better horizontally and vertically.

so basically, copy paste luigi's nado over to mario? :|

ssb64 mid air tornado spike would be amazing too.

and down right suicidal.

: v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom