• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Lol. You seriously think Link with his lagless arrows would rival Falco's wall of lasers?

Watch a video with Lambchops.
Lambchops is legit. There might as well be a laser magnet on you if you're playing him. =]

But yeah, last I checked, giving arrows different trajectories is impossible...right? o_o

humble

Smash Ace
Loling so hard at people's reactions to the cuccos~

Anyway, definitely not on the bomb arrows with as much knockback as a bob-omb, that is just ridiculous, and not ridiculously awesome like cuccos. Bomb arrows as a concept could be explored, but make it more reasonable. Again, think of how it would stand out and benefit Link- it suffers all the same shortcomings as a standard arrow, essentially you are just suggesting a more powerful charged shot for him.

D

Deleted member

Meh. Maybe I stretched that.

1 link with lagless QD arrows, shooting twice per SH = SHL'ing falco x 1.5 speed.

There we go.
No. Be less wrong.

Nobody in this game comes close to having a projectile that rivals Falco's lasers.

By your logic, Samus = Falco in projectile spam because she can missile cancel, so Samus now = Falco too right? Oh wait.

Link can only shoot one arrow with Melee physics in both his short and full hop.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Brawl Pika D-Smash >>> Melee. I guess nerf the Brawl one a little bit to make it more DI-able.
it's very DI-able already >_>
edit: i agree with the guy above, lmfao at links arrows being equal to falco's lasers

D

Deleted member

Lambchops is legit. There might as well be a laser magnet on you if you're playing him. =]

But yeah, last I checked, giving arrows different trajectories is impossible...right? o_o
Too legit.

Idk about the possibility of giving different trajectories, but you have a good point. The arrows could be modified to where link has a nice trajectory off of the uncharged QD shot. It seems favorable as it is right now, but I suppose it could always be better.

Throwing a bomb in the air and a QD arrow cover both the jump and the roll forward/wavedash forward.

humble

Smash Ace
Too legit.

Idk about the possibility of giving different trajectories, but you have a good point. The arrows could be modified to where link has a nice trajectory off of the uncharged QD shot. It seems favorable as it is right now, but I suppose it could always be better.

Throwing a bomb in the air and a QD arrow cover both the jump and the roll forward/wavedash forward.
Do you mean like 64 arrows?

Yeah, Link can wall, but he isn't nearly as good as others though like Toon Link.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The reason toon link is so good at walling is because of his ridiculously quick fastfall speed for someone who's normal floaty in the air >.>

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
OOH! The bomb arrow idea again! I've actually thought this one through since the last time someone brought it up:

While holding a bomb, if you start charging an arrow and press A, you quickly wrap your bomb around your arrow and the fuse on the new bomb arrow is set to 3 or 4 seconds. The bomb arrow arcs more than arrows do, and do an extra 8-9% damage. The knockback of a fully charged bomb arrow is the equivalent of a bob-omb's.

ya i like that idea but definately not a bob-omb. perhaps like half of a bob-omb or something? lol.
well as i've said before there's no point in going further into it if the devs aren't even considering it.

i got JV 6'd by 64 link's arrows before =/ they're insane.
/enoughofthatjoke

xzibit

Smash Rookie
yo dawg i herd u like freezing so (at high percents) we put ice on yo arrows so u can shoot while u freeze and freeze while u shoot

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
Why can't Link just hold the charge on the arrows, similar to Samus's charge shot and such? .___.
Unless that's hard to code that seems like an easy solution.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Why can't Link just hold the charge on the arrows, similar to Samus's charge shot and such? .___.
i wouldn't want that =/ that makes no **** sense. how can you hold the string of a bow and save it for later?

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't want that =/ that makes no **** sense. how can you hold the string of a bow and save it for later?
He pulls bombs out of his arse....anything is possible.

Well I'm still for the aiming idea since charging it seems unfathomable for some reason -.-

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
He pulls bombs out of his arse....anything is possible.

Well I'm still for the aiming idea since charging it seems unfathomable for some reason -.-
uh.. he pulls it from his back actually but ok. however, the bombs need to come from somewhere yet keeping the drawstring of a bow held back so you can instantly fire at any time just makes absolutely no sense. also, it doesn't take that long to charge it and a good player QDs it anyway.
i wouldn't like it at all if it were samus-charge status.

humble

Smash Ace
Crossbows kick ***. *insert pic of duke nukem with crossbow here*

anybody want to make a list for all the moves and we can go through to make sure we're thorough?

xzibit

Smash Rookie
Yo dawg just make links arrows stronger with less charge time and ice on it.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Crossbows kick ***. *insert pic of duke nukem with crossbow here*

anybody want to make a list for all the moves and we can go through to make sure we're thorough?
crossbows... gross...... they're so **** ugly <_< link's bow is so much better. if he got a cross bow i'd be legitimately irritated.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Remove "ice"
Add "monstrous hitstun that is comparable to 64 Link's Bombs"

Anyways, it's clear that the only special that really needs some changes is the Bow. It's simply not mobile enough compared to Bombs and the Boomerang and Bombs only need a large KBG reduction while the Boomerang just needs returning hitboxes. Oh, and Spin Attack with its Melee power of course.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
uh.. he pulls it from his back actually but ok. however, the bombs need to come from somewhere yet keeping the drawstring of a bow held back so you can instantly fire at any time just makes absolutely no sense. also, it doesn't take that long to charge it and a good player QDs it anyway.
i wouldn't like it at all if it were samus-charge status.
I doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense. Does it make sense that Peach can pull turnips out of concrete?
But anyway, that's besides the point. The point is that even though it doesn't take long to charge you still have to be stationary while charging. Link's arrows are one of the fastest projectiles (if not the fastest) when charged and I think being able to release a fully charged arrow while on the move would benefit his game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, just throwing ideas out there.

xzibit

Smash Rookie
Yo dawg i herd u like winning so we put ice in yo hitstun and hitstun in yo arrows so u can combo while u shoot and freeze while u kill

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think reaching full charge within <=1 second would be good. As long as Link has a means of earning that time to pull it off, I think it'd be fine. I could imagine retreating and doing a pivot to full charge Arrow.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I think reaching full charge within <=1 second would be good. As long as Link has a means of earning that time to pull it off, I think it'd be fine. I could imagine retreating and doing a pivot to full charge Arrow.
yes i agree. that'd be awesome. like 40 frame to full charge or something?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Since this thread has been lacking direction lately, I'd like to stir up a more appropriate topic at hand: A discussion of melee hitbox data porting for less clear-cut charactes (read: mid or low tiers)

The idea here is discuss the following four characters:
Link
Ness
G&W
Pika

Which moves would like to see keep their brawl properties and which would you prefer to see melee-exact hitboxes?

Now with these characters, obviously some creative freedom is available on changing things that didn't work for them before, i.e. pk flash, but try and keep the discussion more oriented on direct hitbox ports.

Link:

Port everything over from Melee excluding maybe Zair. I honestly can't see any functions of Link in Brawl being better than his Melee counterpart aside from that. He was given longer range in Brawl, but the way the moves perform is terrible in comparison.

Ness:

Unsure.

G&W:

Currently, Minus has it made so if you press A within a certain amount of frames, fishbowl comes out, but if you hold it for a longer period, parachute comes out. I think this would be ideal, since the parachute is so good, but fishbowl combos really, really well. It's one of the reasons G&W does well on platformed stages, like Battlefield. Aside from that, keep him as he is currently functioning. From what I've been able to tell with the way he plays, he plays fantastic, and most of his Brawl gear is great to begin with.

Pikachu:

I have the feeling I'll be disagreed with, but Brawl back air > 64 back air. Both of them have completely different functions, but I find Brawl back air to be more useful, as it is a combo oriented tool. Has a decent sized hit box that draws the opponent in, and links in nicely after a lot of moves. Has lots of priority too, I think it beats out moves like Meta Knights Glide Attack if my memory serves me correctly, and a few other ridiculous things. I wouldn't have too much gripe if it was changed, since 64 back air was great, this is just my feeling.

* Nod *

matt4300

Smash Ace
Before you guys say anything else...

Arrows have already been sped up, and don't dissapear

Bombs already have much lower KB like melee

You don't have to worry about repeating these.

humble

Smash Ace
Kaizo13 said:
that's right....let the troll starve :3
I'm actually surprised he hasn't been banned yet when we have two moderators frequenting this thread and some pretty obvious trolling.

---
On topic, please quote the below information and fill out which character, and whether you'd prefer Brawl or Melee hitboxes on each attack and why.

CHARACTER MOVES FORM said:
Jab-

Dash attack-

Ftilt-

Utilt-

Dtilt-

Grab-

Fthrow-

Uthrow-

Dthrow-

Bthrow-

Fsmash-

Usmash-

Dsmash-

Nair-

Fair-

Uair-

Dair-

Bair-

B-

Up B-

Side B-

Down B-

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G&W:

Currently, Minus has it made so if you press A within a certain amount of frames, fishbowl comes out, but if you hold it for a longer period, parachute comes out. I think this would be ideal, since the parachute is so good, but fishbowl combos really, really well. It's one of the reasons G&W does well on platformed stages, like Battlefield. Aside from that, keep him as he is currently functioning. From what I've been able to tell with the way he plays, he plays fantastic, and most of his Brawl gear is great to begin with.
Veto. Thanks for playing.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
well if we're only talking about hitboxes and nothing else(such as melee version of the move itself vs brawl version) how many hitboxes actually have equal yet different uses? shouldn't we just take the bigger one with more priority? there shouldn't be many hitboxes that actually make you think about which one you want. isn't one usually obviously better than the other?

anyway what i'm trying to say is that "hitboxes only" is kindof a narrow topic tbh. but here

link:

Jab- brawl with melee infinite stab because brawl's has more hitstun on the first 2 slashes so they can actually hit w/o getting punished.

Dash attack- melee. better for combos and i think it comes out faster?

Ftilt- i think brawl's hits more above him. so brawl with faster startup? but i think melee's was a better kill move. don't kill me if i'm wrong.

Utilt- melee.

Dtilt- aren't they both the same? i'll say melee. faster startup would be nice.

Grab- melee.

Fthrow- Brawl (better for spacing/setting up edge guards)

Uthrow- melee

Dthrow- melee. better combo throw overall.

Bthrow- brawl(same reason as f throw)

Fsmash- idk. i think brawl's is faster with less startup? whichever's better i guess <_<

Usmash- brawl. end lag as little as melee's.

Dsmash- melee. better for shield pokes, combo'ing.

Nair- BWARL N AIR DO IT DO IT

Fair- melee. sped up.

Uair- Def melee. you can fast fall it and hit people on the ground.

Dair- i have no idea. melee's can hit above you i think so that.

Bair- melee

B- brawl

Up B- I WANT BWARL SPIN!!! WITH ITS JAB-LIKE KNOCKBACK AND IKE F AIR-LIKE STARTUP

Side B- return trip. multi hit or single hit idk. but this comes w/o saying

Down B- Melee hitbox.

that work for you?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
So when is this coming out is there a date yet?
no because a date would make them rush and they want to put out a complete product.

it'll be out when it's out. knowing the date won't make it come out any faster. also, i'm sure if there were a date it'd be in the OP or something.

edit: quoted - "Is there a release date for this project?
As of now, no. A release date would more likely than not result in a rushed game that isn't ready for public release. We'd like to have the game out by the end of this year, or hopefully by Pound 5, but we can't guarantee anything yet."

^ second post.

xzibit

Smash Rookie
I want to see how fast i can get banned by rPSI

EDIT BY TSON: YO DAWG SO I HERD U LIEK BANS

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Jigglypuff:

Jab-doesn't matter. All three variations are mediocre.

Dash attack- Melee's power.

Ftilt- Brawl+'s

Utilt- Brawl+'s

Dtilt- doesn't matter

Grab- Brawl's for more insane grab range (and sexy pivot grabs)

Fthrow- doesn't matter

Uthrow- melee's

Dthrow- vbrawl's

Bthrow- melee's

Fsmash- melee's

Usmash- brawl+'s

Dsmash- melee's

Nair- brawl+'s

Fair- melee's

Uair- vbrawl's

Dair- vbrawl's

Bair- brawl+'s or melees, or a combination

B- vbrawl's

Up B- melee's. She could sing at earlier (relatively) percentages without worrying about retaliation before the move is over.

Side B- melee's

Down B- melee's (but with 64's bigger hitbox? jk that'd be a little broken)

And at JCaesar, aren't you not supposed to let personal bias affect your decisions?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Since there isn't much Ness discussion going on, I'll give some input

Jab- Brawl, with better Jab Cancel

Dash attack- Melee PK Push, but reversed. First hit sends vertical with decent kbg, second hit links into third, and third it a weak semispike

Ftilt- Brawl

Utilt- Smash64

Dtilt- Smash64

Grab- Make standing grab better. Brawl dashgrab

Fthrow- Melee

Uthrow- Melee

Dthrow- Brawl

Bthrow- Brawl

Fsmash- Melee

Usmash- Better- I believe you already know what to do with his Yo-Yos

Dsmash- See Above

Nair- Smash64 sexkick

Fair- Whatever is done, be careful obviously, lol. I suggest making the final hit angle low enough and have enough bkb so that it doesn't link into anything. PK Push is supposed to do just that, say GTFO to an opponent. Don't don't don't don't make its range bigger.

Uair- Melee

Dair- At the risk of sounding obvious, Smash64

Bair- Brawl

B- Melee power, size, auto detonate on ground, and control, Brawl startup and movement range- NEW- auto detonate on hit

Up B- Brawl, Melee single hit juggling tailwhip, path doesn't shorten if he hits something with PKT2, can thunder barrier, NEW- speed up and control made tighter to compensate the higher speed

Side B- Brawl Minus's 1.6 ground jump cancel, NEW- pseudo landing cancel (About half the landing lag)

Down B- NEW- 1 frame start up, 23 frame minimum "holding magnet out", remove wind, weak electric hit upward on release lasting 1 frame, 6 frame endlag on release, [total minimum frames- 30]

Attributes:

Run speed: Smash64

That's all I can say on the matter of Ness. Maybe simna can shed some more light on individual moves like his ground A attacks.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff stuff

aren't they keeping high/top tiers exactly the same as in melee? as in not buffing them with better versions of their moves? idk just sayin'. but i guess if it makes her a more fun char to play it could work just fine =/

edit: person reminded me, is link getting brawl+ run speed?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I forgot about that....I just really like Brawl+ bair with the more disjointed hitbox...but I guess it would be too r@pe for melee to handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom