• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
If I were you guys I would just have a list of known bugs and and a change list on smashmods.com

That way, you can just answer everyone's question with a URL address.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
that's a kool idea Marf.....but another solution is simply for people to stop being so impatient. No need to give Devs extra work about keeping us informed. That just slows down the over all process >>

we will know when it is given to us. Why the hell do we need to know about current bugs? i'm positive the devs know about the bugs in their own work, no need to tell them.

when they want feedback they will give us a Beta. so hush for now all of you

*kills convo

G

genkaku

To clarify for everyone that doesn't know, the beta is mainly waiting on landing detection (if possible), bug removal, and reworking/solidifying all but a few characters, correct?
And balance/cosmetic stuff comes last.

Revven

FrankerZ
To clarify for everyone that doesn't know, the beta is mainly waiting on landing detection (if possible), bug removal, and reworking/solidifying all but a few characters, correct?
And balance/cosmetic stuff comes last.
It's not just a few characters, more like, the majority of the cast...

FLSHK

Smash Cadet

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FLSHK: you don't approve of Melee Air Dodge and No Air Dodge During Tumble...? this IS project M, you do realize that, right? Brawl Air Dodge is simply BAD and has no place in any Smash game, in my opinion. Clone (gosh, how I hate the use of that word in reference to Melee's similar characters) replication is because many "clones" were iconic in Melee. Falco plays nothing like Fox in the competitive sense, and this applies to every other "clone".
Oh, okay. I never played Melee competitively (not very people play Smash Bros. where I'm from [Wi-Fi got me into the competitive scene]), so I didn't know that "clones" played differently. As for Melee's air dodge, I just don't like it. I find it easier to dodge with Brawl's one, but that's just me. Regarding the no air dodge during tumble, I suppose that goes well with Melee's air dodge, but I also think that it'd be interesting to see Melee's air dodge with air dodge during tumble. I'd also like to see Melee's air dodge, only without causing special fall (so one Ice Climber actually has decent recovery, if you catch my drift). Of course, that'd change the game completely.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The Squall Hammer gives lone IC decent recovery to begin with. Besides, this is Melee, not Brawl+, we go by Melee's book for the most part, and that kind of change is way too far out there.

Rikana

Smash Champion
@FLSHK: You find Brawl's dodge easier because it is easier lol. Its a powerful defensive mechanic with extremely low lag and you can do anything out of it after its performed. Melee's air dodge is directional but leaves you wide open in the air and even upon landing which is why Melee's would be preferred as we're trying to focus more on an offensive-oriented game.

Also, regarding no air dodge during tumble. By not allowing AD during tumble, it enhances the offensive part of the game - which we want. In a game like Melee, or basically Smash in general, every frame counts. So, if you're a few frames late to get out of a combo because you didn't wiggle in time, that would be your loss.

Having unlimited ADs defeat the purpose of making AD a risky defensive mechanic. It should be left as it is.

G

genkaku

Couldn't infinite directional airdodges theoretically make for an infinite recovery?
(oh, and @ falco400, I said "all but a few")

ValTroX

Smash Ace
gonna start giving the beta out to everyone now
except for you. you can't have it.
*raises hand for beta(still not beta though =P)* No, seriously, you guys need to calm down, the back room keeps us well informed and answers most of our questions fast and politely. Give the guys the time they need to make this the fine product it's turning out to be ^.^

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
*raises hand for beta(still not beta though =P)* No, seriously, you guys need to calm down, the back room keeps us well informed and answers most of our questions fast and politely. Give the guys the time they need to make this the fine product it's turning out to be ^.^
agreed also SB dont make promises you cant keep....

just kidding.:laugh:

Keep up the great work I cant wait for this to be released.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Oh, okay. I never played Melee competitively (not very people play Smash Bros. where I'm from [Wi-Fi got me into the competitive scene]), so I didn't know that "clones" played differently. As for Melee's air dodge, I just don't like it. I find it easier to dodge with Brawl's one, but that's just me. Regarding the no air dodge during tumble, I suppose that goes well with Melee's air dodge, but I also think that it'd be interesting to see Melee's air dodge with air dodge during tumble. I'd also like to see Melee's air dodge, only without causing special fall (so one Ice Climber actually has decent recovery, if you catch my drift). Of course, that'd change the game completely.
Directional Influence

^Real man's defensive tactics

Brawl Air Dodge

^Fo *******

Interesting predicament.

If you PM him and it was a troll, you'll look like a fool.

If you don't and he was serious, then you'll kick yourself later.

G

genkaku

Haha, can I PM for the alpha instead? I dunno if I want the beta that bad.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
This is ****ing awesome! These visualizations really bring my music to life!

If it isn't working for you, make SURE that you have compiled the source code first. It won't work if it isn't compiled.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
LOL!!! Knew we were being trolled!! My previous post was made BEFORE you sent me the visualizations TSON, so you didn't get me!!
At least you figured it out. People are asking me what to do after compiling the source code. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom