• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
No, its a large, complex code. Remember, we had to convert landing from a static TopN bone (which is why landing feels so rigid in brawl), to be dynamic based on a series of bone collisions. It's a large, complex fix.
I thought as much. Obviously something like this wasn't going to be fixed with a one-liner like stale damage.

Of course, I'd imagine it needs some tweaking still, correct?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh. It must be really complex o_O

And Major props to Magus.

Ha. The demo patch will put the initial release to shame.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Landing detec-oh wait. Feels good :D

I think tethers and the ledge problems.

GPDP

Smash Ace
So what else from Melee is needed for this to be perfect?
Tethers. PM NEEDS Melee tethers.

Well, it doesn't NEED them, but they'd be damn nice to have.

Also, light-shielding.

Oh yeah, and ledge stuff. Occupation, backward ledgegrab range, etc.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Like the ledge snap range? I am still curious how that would be handled, I am hoping for just a straight up reduction of Brawl's obnoxious ledge range.

I wonder if there should be a hybrid for tethers too, combining the ledge snap with the stage snap.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The only thing I could ask of helping Melee grapples is increasing their wallgrab hitbox size so that nailing tiny ledges like Melee BF's isn't as difficult. Otherwise, I'd just simply prefer them altogether over Brawl's.

At the very least, I wish it was known how/possible to extend Link's clawshot :/

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
LANDING DETECTION IS FIXED?? ok everyone that posts in this thread should bow down to magus's greatness :O now this patch is definitely worth getting...

Ecks

Smash Lord
The C-stick needs fixing,and grabing items with L,R,A,Z and any direction on the c-stick too.

Yay I just got Magus on my team :D (playing Chrono Trigger for the first time. [yes I'm serious])

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Almost there.
I await the day when the LD code is in a state complete enough to demonstrate.
:)

Sounds like April 1st stunk.
Judging by replies, it must have been a ****abunga in here.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
Almost there.
I await the day when the LD code is in a state complete enough to demonstrate.
:)

Sounds like April 1st stunk.
Judging by replies, it must have been a ****abunga in here.

ill be sure to watch that video when its uploaded

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm seriously in awe if that's what I think it is. Its the biggest milestone and you guys actually figured it out.. I'm having extremely high hopes now. You guys just raised my expectation for the release significantly.

Edit: yup its landing detection. Sickkkkkk.

I also have a few questions regarding LD. I know its complex but do you need a new code for every one of the character's action (jumping, airdodges, aerials, etc) or is it character specific? I have a feeling its character's actions.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
the blogpost was landing detection fix??? i think is it because the Falco SH laser and the way the feet of ganador is hiiting falco

Rikana

Smash Champion
That's actually what I'm wondering. Does the blogpost signify that they have completely fixed LD, or that they have just figured out how to?
I'm pretty sure its just a process. The way Shanus worded makes it sound like they have something very concrete they can rely on to fix it.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Holy GOD (redundant isn't it?) LD fixed?!??!?!?!?!?!??!? You guys are beyond incredible Magus you sexy, sexy peice of wizardy. (No homo... for now... no JK) Incredible guys, just incredible. + So much hype. I love PM and eagerly await the patch.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
well with LD fixed i can just think of how it expands the brawl characters arsenals...combos and all...espically Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom