• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm interested in seeing if his new Falcon Kick combined with his Raptor Boost can throw Falco's laser spacing off balance with counter attacks.

It'd be nice if it helped his MU at the least.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I get Facon's recovery buffs mostly because he has MU problems with the rest of the high/top tier cast and he is only high tier himself.

But Jigglypuff? She should remain completely untouched along with Fox, Falco, Marth and Shiek. Any character who has made top tier has already proved that they are 100% viable choices in competitive play; making changes unecessary. And if you were to add buffs to any of them, Jiggs/Shiek are the worst choices.

Reasons:

Jiggs's "flaws"

1. She is light: She dies easier from most characters. That is obvious.

2. Sheild break OHKO: She shouldn't abuse using shield against pressure fiends and attacks that take a lot of a shield down (such as Marth's neutral b) but in reality, this flaw is a nitpick. If you break an opponents shield and punish correctly they are usally dead anyway. And secondly, Jiggs isn't on the ground a lot and her main defense is weaving.

3. No projectile: Self explanatory... but the flaw doesn't really stick out that much. She can still be very campy even without one and she can fight against projectiles easily with a low crouch/high mobility.

Jiggs's "pros"

1. One bad MU (Fox 55:45). What an ouch!

2. She is light: Yep, her lightness is a gift and a curse just like Fox and Falco's fallspeed. She can't be comboed at certain percents. She is also immune to conventional chain grabs and waveshines.

3. Fastest airspeed: She has ridiculous mobility. Allows her to weave, escape combos, and traverse quite the distance in one SH

4. Amazing Recovery: With all the jumps, and air speed in the world she is practically ungimpable.

5. Amazing combo and edge game: She doesn't really have a bad aerial, or throw and can combo into one of the most potent and fastest kill moves in the series (rest). As well as some of the best gimps.

6. Minimal risk character: Jiggs can do things that would normally kill the entire cast. Her off stage game is something that Falco has wet dreams about and all of her (important) attacks are low lag and difficult to punish. The only risk she has is if she misses a rest.

7. Least amount of tech skill required: It is pretty much agreed that you don't need tech skill to be good with Jiggs. Wavedashing isn't essential, and L-cancelling is important but not as important as other characters since she retreats before she can get punished anyway.

Verdict: Call me a hater but I think Jiggs is the most unbalanced character in melee. (Statisically speaking) In no way does her pros and cons balance eachother out. She requires little devotion to be good with when compared to characters such as Fox or Falco (who deserve to be top) And she is unique in the sense that she has almost no on stage or offstage risks short of missed rests and bad spacing.
You are a hater.

Shelter From The Storm

Banned via Administration
Jigglypuff is easily top 4, but goes even with other top tier characters, and isn't over-powered as a result.

She ***** Sheik, yet goes even with Yoshi. Definitely not unbalanced.

Link is pretty damn good in Project Melee, though. Boomerangs alone do 16% damage.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
And does Link's upair have the same hitboxes from melee? I just noticed how stupidly big they were, or is this a landing detection issue? Short hop upair just doesn't work like in melee

Link's UAir hitbox actually isn't that big in Melee. Landing detection is a big part of being able to use it on grounded opponents.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Reasons:

Jiggs's "flaws"

1. She is light: She dies easier from most characters. That is obvious.

2. Sheild break OHKO: She shouldn't abuse using shield against pressure fiends and attacks that take a lot of a shield down (such as Marth's neutral b) but in reality, this flaw is a nitpick. If you break an opponents shield and punish correctly they are usally dead anyway. And secondly, Jiggs isn't on the ground a lot and her main defense is weaving.

3. No projectile: Self explanatory... but the flaw doesn't really stick out that much. She can still be very campy even without one and she can fight against projectiles easily with a low crouch/high mobility.
You forgot that her CC is *** and she can't do anything when you're under her
Jiggs's "pros"

1. One bad MU (Fox 55:45). What an ouch!
Nobody really agrees with this anymore. Fox, Marth, and apparently (according to Hax) Falcon all beat her. Hax said falcon is the best against her because of how easily he can get under her and do damage.

6. Minimal risk character: Jiggs can do things that would normally kill the entire cast. Her off stage game is something that Falco has wet dreams about and all of her (important) attacks are low lag and difficult to punish. The only risk she has is if she misses a rest.
Falco's worse. He has the best approach and he's the best at stopping approaches. it's ********.

Wavedashing isn't essential
Yes it is.

and L-cancelling is important but not as important as other characters since she retreats before she can get punished anyway.
You miss an L-cancel against falcon, Marth, or Fox you either die or take a good amount of damage with bad positioning.

Verdict: Call me a hater but I think Jiggs is the most unbalanced character in melee. (Statisically speaking) In no way does her pros and cons balance eachother out.
Jiggs is not as great as you're hyping her up to be, the melee scene stopped *****ing about her months ago maybe you should do the same. Go in the lab, look at the match up and stop rushing her **** trying to kill her as fast as possible and maybe you'll beat these average *** Jiggs that don't have extremely good spacing. I really don't think your at the level of melee to notice how retardedly good good Jiggs players spacing is.

She requires little devotion to be good with when compared to characters such as Fox or Falco (who deserve to be top)
Lemme just say this now, FALCO IS THE MOST BRAIN DEAD, ******** CHARACTER IN MELEE, OTHER THAN TECHSKILL FALCO IS EASY MODE FOR THE MOST PART.

Rikana

Smash Champion
In other words; jigs likes it from the side or below you. Jigs exerts too effort when above. Lazy jigs. She's kinky like that.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Anything that's questionable for top tiers to you is likely already addressed in the upcoming patch. So please, calm down, relax, and wait for the patch.

It's oversights like this that define why the characters are said to be "close to done".
Speaking of, is there a list of [or link to] adjustments being made for the patch?

What do you guys plan to do until project M is complete with the demo? For example, slight updates like added character/stages when they are completed without errors or just one final release after the patched demo?

Revven

FrankerZ
Speaking of, is there a list of [or link to] adjustments being made for the patch?
There will be a list when the patch is released, we have been keeping a log of what's been changed.

What do you guys plan to do until project M is complete with the demo? For example, slight updates like added character/stages when they are completed without errors or just one final release after the patched demo?
Nothing is really set in stone from when the patch comes out and final release. We'll let you know though if that changes.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
There will be a list when the patch is released, we have been keeping a log of what's been changed.

Nothing is really set in stone from when the patch comes out and final release. We'll let you know though if that changes.
Nice sounds good.

Is that information in the OP? you seem to have to answer the same questions every two and a half pages.
It isn't. I read through the original post but I was worried I'd be asking a question that comes up fairly often haha.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

Link's UAir hitbox actually isn't that big in Melee. Landing detection is a big part of being able to use it on grounded opponents.
Thanks for the reply, yea I figured i was landing detection

Also, I stopped using buffer... and some things are just plain easier to do, please explain this to me 0_o

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Is there any reason Falco can still Instant Illusion and both spacies still carry the momentum from side-b?

Fox doesn't need even more recovery mix-ups >.>

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Marth's counter never had set KB IIRC, at least in V1.
It's KGB in V1 was very low.

Don't believe me?
Use counter on a foe that has 35% and 170%.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I have so much trouble fighting another Link... is that normal? Having a hard time facing the same character you main? -_-

IYM!

Smash Lord
I have so much trouble fighting another Link... is that normal? Having a hard time facing the same character you main? -_-
in order to win a mirrow match ( X character vs the same character) you have to know more about your character than your oponent.

Link is good creating a wall, but if you pass trough his spam? remeber how many hards times you had when your oponents penetrate your wall.

Nair is the faster option, if he want kill you with Fair or Dair, remember use Nair. Link mainers forget use it sometimes, be smarter and do Nair.

if he bull off a bomb, he will can do something meanwile he is pulling out the bomb?, remeber it1 he is open for a grab or a hit

in other words, you have to know your weakness to defeat Link. is normal been defeated by your own character, if you loose is why you are doing a move when you have to do another.

just play smarter and practice, you gonna win with practice:)

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
in order to win a mirrow match ( X character vs the same character) you have to know more about your character than your oponent.

Link is good creating a wall, but if you pass trough his spam? remeber how many hards times you had when your oponents penetrate your wall.

Nair is the faster option, if he want kill you with Fair or Dair, remember use Nair. Link mainers forget use it sometimes, be smarter and do Nair.

if he bull off a bomb, he will can do something meanwile he is pulling out the bomb?, remeber it1 he is open for a grab or a hit

in other words, you have to know your weakness to defeat Link. is normal been defeated by your own character, if you loose is why you are doing a move when you have to do another.

just play smarter and practice, you gonna win with practice:)
Thanks for the advice, and I do use Nair quite a bit, but what's dumb is I even have a hard time against the CPUs when they're Link lol

Its always been annoying for me, it depends on the characters though.
No other mirror match is an annoyance for me except this one

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Im loving the game but I just had a serious problem with my wii and I was wondering if it could be related to project M?

Ever since I started using project M my wii has been have a hard time reading the brawl disk, even when I start up vbrawl. Everytime I try to boot the game through Gecko it says there is an error and its not reading it even as a brawl disk anymore. I always would get it work eventually till today...

I can play Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and melee, they all work fine; but Brawl simply will not load. I have tried 5 different copy's of brawl, 2 of which were almost new and cleaned with alcohol. Can anyone offer any help?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Im loving the game but I just had a serious problem with my wii and I was wondering if it could be related to project M?

Ever since I started using project M my wii has been have a hard time reading the brawl disk, even when I start up vbrawl. Everytime I try to boot the game through Gecko it says there is an error and its not reading it even as a brawl disk anymore. I always would get it work eventually till today...

I can play Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and melee, they all work fine; but Brawl simply will not load. I have tried 5 different copy's of brawl, 2 of which were almost new and cleaned with alcohol. Can anyone offer any help?
Unfortunately, the Wii is not very good at reading double-layer discs, and Brawl happens to be one of them. It's very taxing on the Wii's laser, and there's a chance it will stop reading Brawl eventually. The fact that this happened when you got into Project M is, I think, a coincidence.

My Wii already stopped reading my Brawl disc as well. I'm ok with that, though, since I use a USB loader, which is much more convenient AND makes loading times faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom