• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
P:M makes everything better, even CPUs. Maybe P:M will get me a girlfriend. Dantarion can hack anything, probably even women.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I've played with all of the characters at this point and I can say that all of them are very well polished. The ones who received the most changes definitely impress. I like Game & Watch the most. He feels very fluid and precise. Ganondorf is insane though. I think he's several times better than his melee counterpart even with the screwy landing detection.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
will the melee sound effect for fox/falco's shines be added in? the new one just sounds... less intimidating. there was nothing like hearing the metallic chings of speedy waveshines

GPDP

Smash Ace
will the melee sound effect for fox/falco's shines be added in? the new one just sounds... less intimidating. there was nothing like hearing the metallic chings of speedy waveshines
textures, sfx, and music are all optional. It is up to you to add them if you'd like.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
textures, sfx, and music are all optional. It is up to you to add them if you'd like.
If there's any sound that needs to be changed... it's the shine. but what do I know, i'll do my best to change it myself. Could anybody tell me how I would go about changing the sound fx for fox and falco's shine to the sexy melee version?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's impossible to replace SFX without Riivolution or ISO hacking. We aren't going to force Riivolution on people, and ISO hacking is all kinds of illegal.

D

Deleted member

It's impossible to replace SFX without Riivolution or ISO hacking. We aren't going to force Riivolution on people, and ISO hacking is all kinds of illegal.
Is it possible that with possible future discoveries or developments that sfx will be able to become replaceable or is it in the strictest sense impossible?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
About CPU's...

Do they auto-Lcancel? It would be nice if they did, just for the sake of making them harder. Also stuff like always wavedashing in place out of their shine, JC grabs, etc?

Just stuff to make them harder.

They also tend to lie there and wait for you to hit them.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
If you've been playing on any amount of buffer for several months to a year it's going to feel clunky at first.
I play with 0 buffer on Brawl+, so that's not the issue.

If making things more simple is better then shouldn't you go watch a fighting movie? That way you don't have to do anything for yourself. It's only better if you have no desire to learn. It's easily fixed by playing other people who don't like to learn.
Way to completely miss my point. All simplicity means is that there are fewer obstacles between you and the actual game. Pushing buttons is not the game, it is the means to the game.

Ya know. I wouldn't mind a Project M GCT with L-canceling switched out for just a landing lag reduction code. But thats just because I personally never liked stuff like L-canceling as an actual technique.

But facts are this is to be closest to Melee as possible and when you've created an L-canceling code, no reason NOT to make use of it lol
If I could play P:M with reduced landing lag as opposed to manual L-canceling, and with a simplified wavedash (if it's possible, not sure if the mechanics allow for such a thing) I would play it to death.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What do you mean by a simplified wavedash? Like... a wavedash button that automatically jumps & air dodges for you?

Rikana

Smash Champion
You're forgetting that wavedash length varies depending on how close it is to a horizontal axis. A wavedash button would be dumb. A perfect wavedash isn't always needed.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I play with 0 buffer on Brawl+, so that's not the issue.

Way to completely miss my point. All simplicity means is that there are fewer obstacles between you and the actual game. Pushing buttons is not the game, it is the means to the game.

If I could play P:M with reduced landing lag as opposed to manual L-canceling, and with a simplified wavedash (if it's possible, not sure if the mechanics allow for such a thing) I would play it to death.
The game will feel clunky if you suck at l-canceling. I think it feels beyond smooth.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Alright, forgive me of being absolutely ignorant on whether or not this was originally in Brawl (or hell, even in Melee with Ness... Never used the poor kid), but Lucas knocking projectiles back with his fsmash is awesome.

And so is his Down B. It's kinda like a watered down shine, but it almost feels more rewarding because of it. Too good.

I've played Marth for ten years. Lucas already feels equally comfortable, and I NEVER played with either of the Momma's Boys in any iteration of Smash. You guys have performed a miracle.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
From an execution standpoint, I really dislike how many subtle changes there are in Project M's mechanics and timing when compared to Melee.

Like, airdodge is triggered by light trigger input, which changes the timing on Mario's B-air -> waveland (which seems to be stricter unless I'm mistaken). You also have to let go of the shield button to WD out of shield. Furthermore Mario and Ganon cannot fullhop waveland on DL64's low platforms, which just is odd to me.

Also it kinda peeves me as to how unnecessarily schizophrenic the FitCharacter.pac commands are. Given that I don't see a comprehensive changelist for characters, it really would have been nice if FitCharacter.pac commands were more concise for several moves.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Alondite, Automatic L-Cancelling is objectively better by a massive amount. I'm sure everyone in this thread realizes that.

The game DOESN'T have automatic L-Cancelling because they would lose about half of their audience and all of their hard work would be wasted.

End of discussion.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I should just say, manual L canceling is not completely without depth. It's not impossible to force a missed tech for hitting someone out of a manual L cancel attempt for example. Furthermore angling shield in some cases is able to change the timing of an L cancel.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm just saying, there are in fact competitive reasons for missing an L cancel in Melee.

Unlike in 64, where there is in fact absolutely no penalty for mashing Z cancels and techs.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Alondite, Automatic L-Cancelling is objectively better by a massive amount. I'm sure everyone in this thread realizes that.

The game DOESN'T have automatic L-Cancelling because they would lose about half of their audience and all of their hard work would be wasted.

End of discussion.
Well I am glad they don't listen to everyone ^^. Go play Brawl.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Alright, forgive me of being absolutely ignorant on whether or not this was originally in Brawl (or hell, even in Melee with Ness... Never used the poor kid), but Lucas knocking projectiles back with his fsmash is awesome.
Ness and Lucas could do this in every game each one of them was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom