• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think the type weakness would be a good idea if you only got a 5% increase or decrease with only a sight amount off hitstun/knockback added. It's to over the top the way it is.

camelot

Smash Ace
I don't think the type weakness was ever a good idea. It's a dumb concept, and the PokeTrainer's pokemon are the only characters who have them. Do you see Lucario with a fire weakness because he's part Steel type in the games? Do you see Ganondorf with a weakness to Link's Master Sword, because it vanquishes pure evil? No.

Heck, do you see Squirtle with a weakness to electricity? He doesn't even have that. Sakurai designed PokeTrainer with the idea that Squirtle > Charizard, Ivysaur > Squirtle, and Charizard > Ivysaur, if multiple PokeTrainers were fighting each other. It was a bad idea in the first place.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion it sounds more authentic if every character has a special weakness and/or resistance, but wouldn't it be such a bit unfair for some people who just wanna play Melee?

Because I think it is supposed to be Melee 2.0. Maybe the Pokémon of the P.Trainer have some weaknesses against each other, but P.Trainer is a new character. (New characters may belong to their normal statistics... IDK)

Also I wonder if MK/PIT/Charizard will be able to get a competitive value of height during double jump...

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Is grass even a legit attack type for Squirtle to be weak to? Ivy would be the only character that ahs it, and pretty much all of his moves have the slash or hit effect.

Edit; Nevermind, its probably the spore attacks.

shanus

Smash Hero
ive tried looking into it before, but found no suspected trace of it yet

DZLE

Smash Master
I agree with the fact that PT should be playable, as well as each individual pokemon.

I might be wrong cause I havent looked at all the last few pages but, you're talking about the Pokemon matchups against themselves, right? Is that something really to worry so much about? It's just another matchup isnt it? Like any other character.

I'm probably wrong though.

D

Deleted member

I agree with the fact that PT should be playable, as well as each individual pokemon.

I might be wrong cause I havent looked at all the last few pages but, you're talking about the Pokemon matchups against themselves, right? Is that something really to worry so much about? It's just another matchup isnt it? Like any other character.

I'm probably wrong though.
Squirtle is weak against all grass attacks. (Ivy only)
Charizard is weak to all water attacks (squirtle + mario's FLUDD)
Ivy is weak to all FIRE (everybody has fire)

Squirtle is fine, Charizard has a couple of bad CP's, Ivy's @$#%ed

Type weaknesses give 10% BKB increase, but idk about dmg
Edit: 10% less BKB for ineffective type, so Squirtle maintains a huge advantage, also Pikmin get the type effectiveness too.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I think you guys are worrying too much about PT. It's very rare to find a PT main, most people just use indypokes. Also, as stated before, if a player is able to use 3 characters effectively against a single opponent, let him/her be rewarded for it.

Evanextreme

Smash Rookie
Id really like to help!!

Ive been playing smash bros since Melee with my friends, and we have spent countless hours playing Melee, Brawl, and even Brawl+ (I dont play balanced brawl because it sounds stupid)
It sounds like a great idea, bringing the classic back, and it sounds like alot of fun!
Id love to be a beta tester, site manager or moderator, or a video or advertisement producer.

I have some tips for you also.

1. Get your hands on the Brawl+ code and find out how they modded the logo and loading screens in version Final Gold 6.0 so then you could mod the logo and menus to make it more of a Melee feel.

2. If possible, try to add new "characters" that are really just textures. For example, if you could add Dr. Mario as a character in the character select screen, just put a Dr. Mario texture on mario, and all his sounds from other files.

3. Try to get the stats as close to melee as possible.

4. A better codename than Melee 2.0, would be Super Smash Bros 2.5

Please respond, Id love to be a beta tester, my wii is modded running Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and I usualy communicate frequently. Please respond!

shanus

Smash Hero
We are currently not admitting more applicants. In the coming weeks, we will be admitting around 15-20 more in a closed alpha testing as we are progressing further in coding. Keep your eyes open for the post.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Ive been playing smash bros since Melee with my friends, and we have spent countless hours playing Melee, Brawl, and even Brawl+ (I dont play balanced brawl because it sounds stupid)
It sounds like a great idea, bringing the classic back, and it sounds like alot of fun!
Id love to be a beta tester, site manager or moderator, or a video or advertisement producer.

I have some tips for you also.

1. Get your hands on the Brawl+ code and find out how they modded the logo and loading screens in version Final Gold 6.0 so then you could mod the logo and menus to make it more of a Melee feel.

2. If possible, try to add new "characters" that are really just textures. For example, if you could add Dr. Mario as a character in the character select screen, just put a Dr. Mario texture on mario, and all his sounds from other files.

3. Try to get the stats as close to melee as possible.

4. A better codename than Melee 2.0, would be Super Smash Bros 2.5

Please respond, Id love to be a beta tester, my wii is modded running Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and I usualy communicate frequently. Please respond!
1. There are people from Brawl+ working on Project:M. They know what they're doing.
2. Textures and such are for cosmetics and that's up to the players, not the project in general. Some people may not want it.
3. That's what they're doing.
4. No. Melee 2.0 sounds better. Notice that this project is trying to be more like Melee and not like Brawl or even Smash64? If they ever need a name change, they will ask the public for suggestions.

I'm assuming you just registered today and skipped through all the pages including the opening post. If you want to apply as a beta tester, you'll need to PM shanus with proof of you being a skilled player and other criterias.

Edit: Shanus ninja'ed me.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
The types dis/advantages aren't really a good thing since it doesn't affect all the characters, and if affected, smash bros. is not a rpg/strategy game like pokémon, it was no build in a way to support very well this type of detail.

As PM will have PT and the indypokés, there must be a difference between then. Must be given an advantage to PT beyond or equal the disavantages given by him or the advantages of playing as a indypoké.

This way, making the pokémon change less laggy and more effective during the fight, but maintaning the forced changed after the stock loss. The player knowing to play as a team and mastering the three pokémon would be rewarded by less disavantageous match-ups.

As the forced change may put the PT in disavantage (in the speed that melee has, changing would be difficult anyway), if the player gets a chance of changing the poké he will still need to subtly change his style of play as the opponent needs to read the new style quickly, even quickier if the pokémon that he is fighthing has a good match-up against him.

Well,this would make PT the character with the biggest learning curve but possibly one of the more stables in the match-ups if the player knows to change in the right time.

This if all the pokés are made viable, which with the indypokés is relatively obvious

DZLE

Smash Master
We are currently not admitting more applicants. In the coming weeks, we will be admitting around 15-20 more in a closed alpha testing as we are progressing further in coding. Keep your eyes open for the post.
I too will keep an eye out for this, although I may not be qualified.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hey Shanus, when you start taking applications again do you want me to send another one or do you still have my old one?
My PM box is small. Illbprobaby have everyone post their app on brawlplus.net since accepted pwople will need access for the private forum for PM

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Shanus, if you like people could send applications to my 1000 PM mail box here (<3 Premium) and I can forward them to you in waves.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I can't wait for a beta!! If I had SC2 beta key I'd be reallly tempted to hand it over for this.

So let's talk new ATs. What kind if new ATs do the characters that lack ATs, or the characters that weren't in Melee going to have? Obviously glide tossing is very much appart of the game--- especially aerial glide tossing. That's really cool.

I'm going to list a few characters and discuss ATs regarding them, feel free to add to this...

Diddy: will have quite a bit in the AT department to work with. He still has his glide tossing, and aerial glide tossing. In addition he can use wavedashing to facilitiate his nanner game. He's clearly all set with ATs.

Wolf: shine canceling ala Smash 64, which, if I'm not mistaken cancels upon touching the ground. I can't wait to see how this effects his gameplay.

ZSS: what kind of ATs do we have in mind for her? What about a stun cancel much like bowsers flame cancel? Right as she touches the ground, with tight timing, you can press B and fire an instant charged stun. Maybe full charged is too much. This could add some depth to her taser. I feel that keeping her stun gun with the stun effect is important, others have mentioned removing it, and making her a SHSLer. Any ideas here?

Lucario: how is he going to play in P:M? Is he still gonna be floaty? How would he be as a FFer? That might make him more interesting, both to play and watch. As for ATs, I'm not sure. I'd say something to do with his shadow balls. Or maybe some sort of IASA cancel during his up+B? Any ideas?

Link: bomb jumping. Do you guys have any idea how to do this yet?

Shiek: what ATs did she have in melee? I know in Brawl she has ATs surrounding her crawling animation as it allows her to 'slide around'. She also has DACUS, which many characters have. ATs aside, I'd love for her to get the power of her Fair restored. That was a signature move of hers in Melee. I loved the powerful noise it made when it landed, and the enemy fired off the stage. Any chance this is coming back?

Olimar: Shanus, any luck with the cycling of pikmin idea? That is, pulling out a new pikmin that replaces the last on in the string. Perhaps the last one could insta die or something so it can pull out another? Hmm.

Hmm.. That's all I can think of at the moment.

I can't wait to play Falco in this build!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sheik had Shino stalling, turn-around needles, and, ah, Shino stalling. >_>

She's the most simplistic character in Melee with Jiggs.

Lucario should be floaty so he can still double aerial.

I would also like to know about that Olimar thing.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
A lot of Sheik's cruise-control / auto-combos were rectified in Brawl+, which we're using as a base. Her Fair has been more or less restored to it's silly old power, though. :p

As for the rest, we're a bit more focused on polishing up Melee characters right now, but brawl characters are getting intermittent attention.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
A lot of Sheik's cruise-control / auto-combos were rectified in Brawl+, which we're using as a base. Her Fair has been more or less restored to it's silly old power, though. :p
Nice! I can't wait to use Sheik's restored Fair!! I was a Sheik main in Melee--- though back the nI didn't play competitively, nor was I aware of Smashboards so I didn't know her ATs. Never the less, I loved her Ftilt to Fair. That made her for me. I'll probably main her again in P:M!! ;D

As for the rest, we're a bit more focused on polishing up Melee characters right now, but brawl characters are getting intermittent attention.
Speaking of Melee characters, Falco's neutral air is now his old sex-kick, right? I thought I've read that it is. Either way, if it is, I can't even picture it. I'm excited to see this!

@twist: what is "Shino stalling?"

I guess I could youtube it...

EDIT: Ok, I found of a video of Shino Stalling here. How do you do this? jump, then up+B down into the ledge again? Why doesn't this work in Brawl? Would you simply tele beyond the ledge and fall and die?How does it work? haha. sorry for my noob questions.

EDIT2: Will THIS be possible in P:M??

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I think a clip of falco's nair is in the trailer, I forget though.
Okay, I guess I missed that. I'll watch it again! :D BTW, check out the video in EDIT#2 above, is that possible in P:M? Heck, for all I know it's already possible.. I don't play Zelda.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
If I had a beta key for SC2, I'd be tempted to trade. I'd probably change my mind and sell it on ebay though. >_>

Anyways, good job guys. Good progress seems to be made so far. When the next application period starts up, I'll apply again. Hopefully I'll make it.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@Shanus, I watched the trailer again and saw the sex-kick! Awesome! I've already watched it a ton of times. The points where the sex-kick is used happen SO fast that it's really easy to miss what actually happened. Still.. looks awesome! ;D

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
what a bargain :o, isn't this... ilegal :o??

selling/giving a chance to play a hacked game just for a serial key... which cost more than 20 american dollars :s?

I heard somewhere tht doing hacked tourneys is fine, but selling hacked game iso or any kind of hacked game is illegal for copyrights

thus, this is not selling a game but just the codes :s... anyways I don't have a sc2 serial key, if I had.... for P:M I would just give it since I like console games better than MMORPG/pc games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom