• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@Strong Bad

A muffin button? That'd be nice.

On a more serious note, considering this character is generally never given alot of face time, how has Yoshi progressed? I know his offensive game will go much better because of l-canceling, but how about his shield game? That was always lacking with not being able to jump cancel it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Thank you good sir.

I wanted to ask, since Link's been low tier for every single iteration, do you guys have anything planned out for him so far to help improve him? Or is he still a work in progress? I know new tools have been given to him, such as his bombs exploding like Snakes grenades, aerial glide toss to zair, and he has his old spin revitalized now, but I wouldn't think that would be enough to cover the problems he has a character.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link couldn't deal with pressure before very well. A lot of his moveset has seen minor speedups and tweaks all around to work better, his recovery is improved, and his range is marginally increased, at least it seems.

NatP

Smash Ace
Please tell me that taunt doesn't replace one of the other taunts. Because I love all of Bowser's taunts! :(

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Wtf? The balancing on one foot taunt is one of the best taunts in the whole game.

Also, I noticed that Bowser has Rock Smash on one of his Klaw grabs. lol.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy watching ganondorf's recovery shenanigans. You go in for a finisher just to get grabbed and kicked away.

EDIT: Oh and Falco, who's who in your videos?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
D3's dthrow should send the victim straight up. It should lead to utilt at lower percentages.

D3 may benefit from a new nair and/or Down special.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
instead of his neutral B he could have an attack which commands waddle dees to hit (maybe upwards to which would open combo posibillities). The attack wouldn't be spammeable tho..

I R MarF

Smash Ace
King DeDeDe Ideas:

King DeDeDe is already set up to a be a great character. He has the best disjointed range, (may need tweaking but) shffled nairs and dairs will be great approaches, and he has a fantastic grab game.

D3's dthrow should operate like Marth's melee fthrow and chain grab at low percents as well as putting the opponent in perfect range for ftilt.

You should have the choice between a single hit ftilt and multi-hit ftilt. Single hit ftilt should be activated by a quick >A press and have set kb and short endlag. Multi-hit should be activated by holding A after >A and operates like vbrawl ftilt.

Dtilt should remain as a good edgeguarding option. Utilt should be a good juggler and broken tilt.

Fsmash needs less start up lag and more endlag. Dsmash should be made a bit faster.

As for waddle dee throw goes, beats me. The doos and dees could be shrunk and made into mr. saturn like items, or you could just improve D3's already fantastic aspects and just let the side b be crap like Shiek's side b and Jiggs's down b.

Knips

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure the problem with DeDeDe is how good or bad his moveset is though, I was under the impression that his problem was melee-ifying him as a character, seeing as he is primarily a defensive character as he is now. And even with good SHFFLd bairs/nairs, I'm still not sure he would change into an offensive character.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I think that giving him the possibility to partially control his minions would be awesome. It would be like Carl Clover (blaszblue). But maybe this is just impossible =(. Just imagine DDD hits a fair, then waddle doos hits up , bla blah blah and ends in a hammer!! *keeps dreaming*

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think that giving him the possibility to partially control his minions would be awesome. It would be like Carl Clover (blaszblue). But maybe this is just impossible =(. Just imagine DDD hits a fair, then waddle doos hits up , bla blah blah and ends in a hammer!! *keeps dreaming*
I think that Arakune is a more accurate comparison, than Carl. Carl = Ice Climbers.

I personally think that his side-b should throw them, and his neutral B should let you take control of the most recently thrown one.

Controls as a Waddle Dee/Doo:
A = Attack
Left/Right = Walk
Up = Jump

Pressing B again or getting attacked will break the control.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Why not make down-b side-b and make it so he pops Waddle-Dees/Doos out that follow close behind him (one or two at a time) and they kinda stick to him like Yoshi's eggs in Yoshi's games or like the Pikman do with Olimar. Then you hit B and they use a unique attack (Waddle-Dee could walk toward/jump at them and Doo can use this beam) and then make them be vulnerable to being hit when in action and/or give them limited uses before disappearing.

Maybe also make it so it can read tilt down-B and smash down-B to choose Dees and Doos.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Why not make down-b side-b and make it so he pops Waddle-Dees/Doos out that follow close behind him (one or two at a time) and they kinda stick to him like Yoshi's eggs in Yoshi's games or like the Pikman do with Olimar. Then you hit B and they use a unique attack (Waddle-Dee could walk toward/jump at them and Doo can use this beam) and then make them be vulnerable to being hit when in action and/or give them limited uses before disappearing.

Maybe also make it so it can read tilt down-B and smash down-B to choose Dees and Doos.
What's the point in switching down-b to side-b?

And why would you ever choose a Waddle Dee instead of a Doo with the smash/tilt method?

JOE!

Smash Hero

how about no....

DDD doesnt seem like the type that could handle a bunch of minions following him...

How about he can only have like, 1 out at a time, but then they follow the OPPONENT and badger them?

B.W.

Smash Champion
What's the point in switching down-b to side-b?

And why would you ever choose a Waddle Dee instead of a Doo with the smash/tilt method?
Comfort issues I guess (makes minions come out more like bombs) and make it so you're not throwing the fella, I dunno. Side-B's hammer swing could maybe also be used to wail the Waddle fella into who you're fighting but also still be used as its own attack making it have a similar effect that way it's similar to how Down-B is now and how side-B is at the same time.

As for Doos and Dees, Dees could maybe pop people upward to make combos out of while Doos use their beam to just add damage but they don't do any real amount of knockback so the beam is more like a jab or maybe it works more like Fox's laser where it does no knockback but hits multiple times. Also maybe Dees being hit by the hammer are sent into the air and they hit horizontally so DDD has a projectile and Doos follow the ground and hit upward or horizontally to couple with how the beam works. (Beam to Waddle Doo bowling ball)

EDIT: If not using my current button change then make Down-B hammer charge still but possibly make it a holdable charge while making neutral-B minion call and then side-B minion command. That'd probably make more sense and being able to hold a charge would let you be able to have more control on how far you can bat your Waddle.

I dunno I'm just throwing out ideas like everyone else lol. The way I figure it we have three really big characters in this game with different possible rolls. Bowser is already a strong tank, DK I dunno I imagine him being a bigger combo machine than Bowser or DK while still being big and strong but slower than average, and then DDD can possibly be the big and strong area control/zoning/projectile character who is more similar to say.. Samus or Link/T.Link.

G

genkaku

I'd be happier with a melee-ified hammer and waddledee throw than a revamped moveset.
Just increasing the range of the hammer would help a lot.
Is it possible to make waddle dees grabbable? Then they would function kinda' like turnips.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The randomness of his side b isn't game breaking nor does the actual use of the projectile switch, so i would say it's good. Changing it's randomness would be similar to changing peaches odds with stitchface/bob-omb/beam sword turnip pull.

I just wish that he couldn't pick up Dee's/Doo's with A so he can actually do something if one happens to be nearby other than grab. That and the Dee's jump attacking more often but with less knockback. I could see crazy pressure shenanigans with Dee jump fsmash against the opponent.

Locke3

Smash Rookie
Alright, my potentially moronic idea: Have Dees/doos kind of function as semi-******** characters that try and go to the enemy, and either have it so the enemy throws them (but they just pass through DDD, basically it would be something to trap enemies in useless frames). That, or they could walk towards someone, and have a very high hitstun on them, so when theyre hit, DDD can rush in and punish. On top of that, they could be grabbed (like grab-grabbed, not just auto-thrown) for use against really grab-centric characters.
I think that could give DDD a bit of a more offensive edge. But I also may be crazy, why, just look at my avatar picture!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think the side B is very awkward, personally. it would feel better as a one use projectile. Like you throw it, it hurts the enemy, it disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom