• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dude...why is anyone complaining? How is making Zelda better changing the high tiers? People who like Sheik will still play sheik and people who like zelda will still play zelda. Sheik will still be better than Zelda and Zelda will still play like Zelda. If people wanna learn both characters they will, many sheik/zelda players in brawl use both and the same will apply...

It's not like the character will be overly good or something.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i guess i thought it'd be a problem. this game holds high the ability to counterpick. i figured going against this would be a point of concern. welp, if it's not a big deal then it's not.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
for the sake of keeping the peace, i'll agree to disagree. i'd settle for calling it an introduction to (edit) a substantially buffed 'playstyle'.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
As for the weakness system. That would be ****ing funny but extremely gay considering a Falcon Kick would be the equivalent of a rest from Puff. LOLOLOLOL
The weakness system is part of vBrawl, you know that, right?

and anyone who complains about being able to switch between characters being OP... i have nothing to say to you.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I won't lie. When I tested out Marth I felt a little bit Mind *****. The range actually isn't as off as it looked so thats good. However the Side-B didn't stall didn't work and Grabs didn't work the same. However the grab attacks where funny as hell. Grab, 1000000 knees, release, repeat.:chuckle:

@ Fireball Star

I kind of feel like Snake could be a bit like Falcon weight. I don't see the reason for him to be a super heavyweight when he's suppose to be a stealthy character in MGS.
He's carrying a lot of stuff and his suit is heavy.
Listen to the opening where he mentions his suit being heavy.
It's why he doesn't move quickly.
He's also another one of those characters with seemingly bottomless equipment.
His weight value was aparrently set when his model was bigger.
His physical size is a bit larger than Falcon and Ike.
Making him weigh the same as Yoshi seems best.

Edit: Marth needs subtitles.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Edit: Marth needs subtitles.
lol'd.

Anyways. Snake being heavy makes sense with the ton of stuff he carries. But this is Smash where weight never makes sense. As long as it feels good when playing then that's all that matters to me (such as MK as a FF'er). Is Bowser going to be left light weighted? With all the defense options he's getting, I think it would be suitable to change him back to being a combo bait as he can probably put up a fight now.

Edit: Also, what's the surprise Olimar upB that Shanus said he would reveal? I want to know. :(

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
have 1 big problem wit PM..and its the wall jumpin system....

for example yoshi island...u cant wall jump if ur to low (above the bubble) and there is still wall there..same thing with hyrule64 u cant wall jump if ur to low...

also 1 wall jump aint enuff i understand if u get unlimited wall jumps u can jus wall jump back up to the stage..y not give each char. 3 wall jumps max..... scar jumpin...

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Snake carries a lot of stuff, yes, but his suit isn't that heavy, just restrains some movement. However, it does make sense for the things he is carrying being heavier than Wario and a little less than yoshi. If we see Link, he weighs nearly the same as Falcon, but people know that hylians aren't much of a tall race(not only in smash, in soul calibur II Link is smaller than most characters) nor have much of a muscular development, his heavyweight likely comes from the amount of things that he carries.

Out of that not important issue now to a more important (not so much anyway)

Transforming will never be OP, even in the zelda/sheik scenario, it may be possible that the MU is bad/neutral to both characters, and the zelda/sheik player will not have a real advantage.

And still, the transformation time takes some time to happen, no one will be able to change anytime, specially in a fast paced game like that.

Never seeing transformations isn't an argument, in the smashes that Zelda and Sheik exists aren't balanced(Brawl+ scene isn't much of a example), there's no reason to transform, but in a balanced game, the player will not have a reason(excluding personal reasons) to not learn to play as the two characters to be able to transform if necessary.

ValTroX

Smash Ace

for example yoshi island...u cant wall jump if ur to low (above the bubble) and there is still wall there..same thing with hyrule64 u cant wall jump if ur to low...

also 1 wall jump aint enuff i understand if u get unlimited wall jumps u can jus wall jump back up to the stage..y not give each char. 3 wall jumps max..... scar jumpin...
That's an easy fix for them, also wall jump loses power if done repeatedly.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master

They fixed this a LONG time ago. Like, Brawl+ ago.

Wall jumps lose power with each jump.
Comments and stuff

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I haven't looked at the collisions for either stage, but it's very simple to adjust to the collisions further down.

Also, that reminds me. Have wall jump physics been meleefied or at least made closer to Melee?

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice

This is - more or less - a stage related problem rather than having to do with P:M. Usually below the blast line, the walls are set to "No Walljump", which is an easy fix in BrawlBox. The stages I have made (and, am currently remaking) is only walljumpable in areas without an inclination.

Also, it is my opinion that I don't want to wait 64 frames to walljump again (a la Brawl+'s previous and current versions). Leaving that code out would probably be more suitable for a game with higher gravity settings. But, if anybody wants to refute this, go ahead.

EDIT: Woot, big ninja.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
yessssssssssss i cant wait for the wall jump gets fixed...i noticed wit mario in PM if u wall jump and pull back to the wall fast enuff u can pretty much recover with out a up-b.....i think a limit of wall jumps would make it better.....in brawl+ u can wall jump unlimited amount of times but also descending which is more like melee...so its pretty much 2 options to think about..i dont no which would be a better fit for the game..becuz the wall jump only affects chars that can WJ obv....so which would be better?

This is - more or less - a stage related problem rather than having to do with P:M. Usually below the blast line, the walls are set to "No Walljump", which is an easy fix in BrawlBox. The stages I have made (and, am currently remaking) is only walljumpable in areas without an inclination.

Also, it is my opinion that I don't want to wait 64 frames to walljump again (a la Brawl+'s previous and current versions). Leaving that code out would probably be more suitable for a game with higher gravity settings. But, if anybody wants to refute this, go ahead.

EDIT: Woot, big ninja.
naw every char can only WJ once for sum reason...i tryed it wit mario in hyrule64 how i found it out....wall jump 2 up-b wj dont work...but if u up-b wj it works...keepin in mind i am at a good height to WJ

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
for those of you who found the l-cancel flash a bit too potent, I'm currently working on toning it down slightly so it's noticeable but not an eyesore. something like 80-90% as potent should be aight.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
a good strategy while playing. however, when you're watching a video, it becomes more noticeable.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Jw what's gonna be done about Pikachu's wavedash. In melee it's so short that it makes him have a crappy wavedash (and it also makes it "harder" to wavedash because you have mentally-impaired hands like me, you end up triangle jumping all the time.) Is the length gonna be increased?

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Jw what's gonna be done about Pikachu's wavedash. In melee it's so short that it makes him have a crappy wavedash (and it also makes it "harder" to wavedash because you have mentally-impaired hands like me, you end up triangle jumping all the time.) Is the length gonna be increased?
it's fine
his biggest problems are his range and shield, his wavedash is fine as is imo
also i don't see how you end up triangle jumping during his but whatever

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Because I have slow fingers and his wavedash timing (lol) is harder than other characters. Maybe it's just my slow fingers.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
naw every char can only WJ once for sum reason...i tryed it wit mario in hyrule64 how i found it out....wall jump 2 up-b wj dont work...but if u up-b wj it works...keepin in mind i am at a good height to WJ
Last I checked, you can multi-Walljump in Brawl+, but you have to wait 64 frames between walljumps. You may have been trying too early.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
With QAC and his great jump->dash momentum conservation I doubt he will ever need a good wavedash.

Great stream guys, liked it. Still can't believe that falco's shine killed ganondorf lol

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think Wario's ftilt should be the kick and his fsmash should be a punch (like Mario's 64 fmash).

It just seems more Wario IMO.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because I have slow fingers and his wavedash timing (lol) is harder than other characters. Maybe it's just my slow fingers.
Timing should be the same as Fox's. No, he won't be getting a much longer wavedash than in Melee. It's a good spacing tool; it doesn't matter how far it goes tbh. Dash Dance WaveDash is the best movement option ever.
that is b+...i am talkin bout PM it dont work
This was fixed earlier today.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
sadly everytime i keep trying to broadcast it says adobe flash player crash... yea its being gay with my comp right now for some reason. I'll upload vids later tonight tho

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
sadly everytime i keep trying to broadcast it says adobe flash player crash... yea its being gay with my comp right now for some reason. I'll upload vids later tonight tho
hmmm somethings that might be interfering with it sneak might be if you have NoScript I know that blocks flashplayers aton of times. Also sometimes AdBlockPlus If you have it blocks some streaming things such as on JustinTv for example. For those well Im pretty sure you know of allowing NoScript but for ABP you need to turn it off especially for JTV for some odd reason.

Question about Pokemon Trainer since it looks like hes currently the topic of suggestion on characters. Are you guys planning or if its at all possible are you gonna allow them to change in the air? I dunno if you ask me though only being able to switch on ground/death idk is a little lame.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
hmmm somethings that might be interfering with it sneak might be if you have NoScript I know that blocks flashplayers aton of times. Also sometimes AdBlockPlus If you have it blocks some streaming things such as on JustinTv for example. For those well Im pretty sure you know of allowing NoScript but for ABP you need to turn it off especially for JTV for some odd reason.

Question about Pokemon Trainer since it looks like hes currently the topic of suggestion on characters. Are you guys planning or if its at all possible are you gonna allow them to change in the air? I dunno if you ask me though only being able to switch on ground/death idk is a little lame.
Changing in mid-air leads to to many lame shenanigan. Stall-tactics and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom