• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Jumping to conclusions, blowing little things out of proportion, getting trolled hardcore by an obvious alt account ... man, last night in this thread sure looks like it was fun.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's obvious what to do about puff. Just reduce her ability to kill via rest as easy. I'm not saying make it like Luigi's UpB was in melee. That or make it so that Resting in teams kills them and your partner.

Why are people talking about nerfing her Bair, Pound...etc. If anything I think people should start working on buffs for puff to make up for the inevitable nerf to her rest.
...Are you serious? I'm sorry to say this, but you guys are honestly starting to sound like those types of noobs who play the game for the first time ever and call Jigglypuff "cheap" because "omg she can kill you in 1 hit!!!"

Having Rest is just part of Jigglypuff's character. It's supposed to be an extremely strong, easy kill move, in exchange for 2 seconds of immobility if you miss in addition to Jigglypuff's light weight. And I find it dumb how nobody cared about Jigglypuff for so many years, and then all of a sudden 2 players start bringing her to top tournament level and people start whining that she's "broken".

Edit: I forgot to type my main point. Nerfing Jigglypuff's Rest or bair and not any other character's move is the single worst idea I've heard proposed in this whole thread.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm pretty sure one of our stated goals is to leave the Melee top tiers alone and bring everyone else up to their level.

Bottom line, don't take everything you hear in this thread as gospel, even from backroomers, unless it's Shanus.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm fairly sure that if we decided to nerf Jigglypuff, nobody would forgive us. Not to mention that it goes against the project's goal. Not gonna happen.

jalued

Smash Lord
pretty sure thats not what they mean. they would probably lower the knockback to take a bit higher to kill
the sad fact about jigglypuff is that even without a rest, she would still be very very good. Her Bair creates a wall that if done correctly, is impassable. Her physics are her best friend tbh, that and her air maneuverability. These things we cannot change

I know its too soon to talk about balance, but i think that jiggly is almost impossible to balance:

reducing damage on her moves would mean she can combo into rest for longer
increasing damage would mean she can get people offstage faster
reducing knockback would mean she can combo better
increasing knockback would mean she can edgeguard better
nerfing rest would only make her worse in teams, she still has her bair which is broken.
reducing bair hitbox size would change jiggly spacing and change her melee feel.

the only real way is to make her lighter, so that she dies earlier, but even that still means she is even harder to combo

Sterowent

Smash Ace
sorry, NoE is taking its time in translating it. no release for you guys until next june, sadly!

i hear it's because MK's accent caused some controversy. but i don't think it's so bad. it's not as bad as, say, ganon's skin tone at least, yeah?

it's in closed alpha, man.

OverLade

Smash Hero
ok your an idiot no use arguing with you but I'm bored so I'll leave you with food for thought
1-jiggs isn't OP in singles, there are 3 top jiggs players and mango hardly plays her, save for teams
2-falco's lasers are a good save too, but he's nowhere near as good as jiggs in teams. Can his lasers chase you below the stage to save you? honestly why did you even bring them up? jiggs is way to good at saves
3-ahh just resets? cool story bro
4-in doubles she has all of her options to rest people that she has in singles so why bring that up
5-she doesn't need to read **** if your partners there to help you get rests as: one grab=rest, they can wake you up if you miss(not really much time to punish in teams anyway ie. ganons not gonna get that warlock punch in), and they(as well as your opponents) can send people into the air for extremely easy rest set ups
and a quote from m2k on teams
"Fox Puff is god, and Mango thinks Puff should be banned in teams (I am not joking, he said that to me in person at Apex).
Fox Fox might be the 2nd best, maybe, or a different team with a Puff"
from this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283109&page=2
ok you lose now;)
Jumping to conclusions, blowing little things out of proportion, getting trolled hardcore by an obvious alt account ... man, last night in this thread sure looks like it was fun.
yeah i did pretty good methinks:laugh:
You *******. You're stingers arent you...?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
RH $500 meleeeeeeee!!!!

JKJK

a really good jiggs is tough in teams, but not OP. if she gets tossed around 3 times into a fox usmash or a tipper or anything really shes dead.

OverLade

Smash Hero
RH $500 meleeeeeeee!!!!

JKJK

a really good jiggs is tough in teams, but not OP. if she gets tossed around 3 times into a fox usmash or a tipper or anything really shes dead.
**** I got rapppeeeeddddd.

Im down for a MM at pound 5 though I like Sheik dittos :bee:

wtf redhal? i have literally never talked to you and only know your name through results threads
If it had been you I would be proud.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else notice something weird about the left side of the water/forest version of pokemon stadium 1? There is a small slant there that sends falco flying off the edge to his death if he lands an aerial on it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Let's get the thread back on track please instead of giving attention to trolls.

Who's playing on the livestream? I'm at work so I can't watch.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Why hasn't this guy been infracted/banned yet? Seriously, this post is literally him admitting to flaming and trolling people.
I admit nothing!
you're the wall of text guy!
and the guy who wanted to take out shield grabs
surely that's worse than me

also someone said falco's recovery was worse in a melee thread. did you really make it even worse?

shanus

Smash Hero
I admit nothing!

also someone said falco's recovery was worse in a melee thread. did you really make it even worse?
No, its because the end doesn't preserve momentum in brawl and needs to be added in manually. Stop writing in accusations, its incredibly annoying, especially when you are ignorant on the subject.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
If it's worse it's obviously unintentional and will be fixed. Don't **** your pants.

humble

Smash Ace
ICHIGOBLEACH said:
I admit nothing!

In Melee, Falco's Up-B preserved momentum and his Side-B didn't. In Brawl, it was the opposite, so they have to change it manually, and just haven't gotten to it yet.

Personal attacks, cool story bro.

I'm on my itouch so I can't check, but I'm curious as well; how goes the livestream? Who is on?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I forgot who said it, but someone in the stream chat room was saying that true spikes cannot be coded (or something along those lines) is this true? Will C. Falcon, Falco, Marth, etc. not be getting spikes?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Falcon never had a spike

and good progress on the Melee fox vertex but clearly it could still use some finishing touches. i know vertex can be tough but even the colors are a bit off and need some shading. awesome job tho hope for a revamp ^^

EDIT: oh it is AGFan's texture. my bad.

jalued

Smash Lord
Falcon never had a spike

and good progress on the Melee fox vertex but clearly it could still use some finishing touches. i know vertex can be tough but even the colors are a bit off and need some shading. awesome job tho hope for a revamp ^^

EDIT: oh it is AGFan's texture. my bad.
spikes in melee:

marth's dair (ntsc)
falco's dair
ganon's down B
falcon's nipple spike
roy's upsmash (for some reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom