• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i think he really is trying to help.
ichigoblech said he was losing faith in the project due to a fairly unrefined test-build of Bowser that was in no way final.

stingers isnt helping much by defending that kind of sensationalism :dizzy:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ichigoblech said he was losing faith in the project due to a fairly unrefined test-build of Bowser that was in no way final.
Sigh...you just don't get it. None of you do, or you wouldn't be hopping on the PMBR's ***** all day.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
No, you're completely delusional.

Case in point.
ICHIGOBLEACH said:
Taking this to 2.0 and continuing with your attitude toward feedback will lead to the downfall of this project. You need to keep it simple and keep it melee, nothing else. It's honestly getting ********.
Um, that's a dude that "gets it". Sorry you guys are too unintelligent to figure that out for yourselves, but I guess that's what we're here for.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
so will you take a new direction with bowser now that feedback has been very negative?
I'm REALLY losing faith in the project at this point and it's getting WAY out of hand. Taking this to 2.0 and continuing with your attitude toward feedback will lead to the downfall of this project. You need to keep it simple and keep it melee, nothing else. It's honestly getting ********.
Overreact much? k bye!

Also, even though jiang really shouldn't have released it to the public yet, vocal minority =/= "very negative feedback"

Trust me I played lots of matches at the APEX set up
Wha why didn't you introduce yourself? I was hovering around there all weekend.

Speaking of, NEW SNAKE AND MK VIDS FROM MOTHER****ING HALZY HIMSELF COMIN AT YOU LIVE AND DIRECT.
Um, please don't make any MK vids public. He's nowhere near ready, you should know that.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Who are the people in this thread compared to melee pros?

There will be no issue about bowser being too good, he probably wont even be high tier. It's the same way when brawl came out people though ike was broken. Things like that are adapted to very quickly, but the idea is to give bowser a solid mix up game to fight back against characters that would potentially **** him. Giving him heavy armor and super armor will definitely give the character safer options. Once match of one falco player getting ***** doesn't mean anything. We don't even have proof that the heavy armor helps bowser enough to make him viable yet...so chill out and hold out.

Speaking of, NEW SNAKE AND MK VIDS FROM MOTHER****ING HALZY HIMSELF COMIN AT YOU LIVE AND DIRECT.

We'll go through them and selectively find some good ones for the public ;)
Oh Halzy, I can't wait :)

so will you take a new direction with bowser now that feedback has been very negative?
I'm REALLY losing faith in the project at this point and it's getting WAY out of hand. Taking this to 2.0 and continuing with your attitude toward feedback will lead to the downfall of this project. You need to keep it simple and keep it melee, nothing else. It's honestly getting ********.
Another game where half the characters aren't viable? Coolio :)

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
What makes their opinions any less useful than ours? You guys are the ones spamming this thread with "LOL THOSE GUYS ARE STUPID!!!" If they really are trolling, ignoring them is the best route. People will usually respond at the same volume of statement thrown at them. Yell at them, and they'll yell back. Give them silence, and they'll give silence back.

On an on-topic note: I for one think that the armor is a wrong direction to go in, but is worth a look at. Maybe with some tweeking it could be good, but at it's current state, it'll never be accepted.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Um, please don't make any MK vids public. He's nowhere near ready, you should know that.

I do but I heard "exceptions can be made for pro players"

:laugh:

They'll be private on the project M channel and we can sort through them and see what can be made public in that case. I completely agree with you on the current MK build.

Snake is SICK though so people get hype.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Yes, ideas are ideas.

Those videos show us the idea of super armor with bowser, it doesn't says that it will be exactly like that in the final version, or even the beta version.

People must understand that this is not a regular nintendo game, it's fan made and will receive update anytime.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
This is the last time I'm going to ask people to stop discussing bowser for now, and drop any personal comments. All such comments beyond this post will be marked for spam.

Thank you.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Stingers does actually have good intentions.
He has been here in the workshop for longer than a majority of this thread, and people who have been here for the duration of B+ should recognize him and know him more or less.

I fully believe Stingers when he comes in here saying his posts are what he believes are what is best or the project. The key phrase there is that this is what he personally believes what is best.
Even within the PMBR there are many who clearly have different opinions on what is or what is not right for the project. When these situations arise it is put up to a vote. It is basically that simple. So even though we all have some slightly (or largely) varying opinions, we can manage to come to a general consensus that hopefully accommodates as many of us as possible.

However Stingers does post in a manner that makes him look like a troll. That's basically your problem Stingers. Criticism is more than okay, but when its presented in a manner that comes out closer to flaming than being constructive it starts these wars. This isn't just directed towards Stingers, but ANYONE who posts criticism in this thread:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE just take a second to look at what you are about to post. Is your criticism REALLY being presented in the nicest way possible? Clearly as this thread has shown when a post is negative then the feedback received from that post is going to be negative. People like Strong_Bad or FroHo who are more than willing to speak their minds can and will react to your post in the same way you presented it. People who like our ideas can and will react to your post negatively. People who agree with you are also more likely to join in on your negative vibes and post accordingly as well. In all honesty no good really comes out of these flame wars. Constructive criticism however gets things done clean and efficiently.

Stingers, or even anyone for that matter, it's not that we don't like to hear your comments because if we all thought alike we would get a game that is less than optimal. We need conservative minded people and liberal minded people to have the best game possible. But what we don't want is negatively directed feedback.

Gindler

Smash Champion
On an on-topic note: I for one think that the armor is a wrong direction to go in, but is worth a look at. Maybe with some tweeking it could be good, but at it's current state, it'll never be accepted.
I could do without the heavy armor on aerials, light armors fine...but no aerial should be tanking rest :ohwell:..that is if rest still does 15 damage like in brawl

Sorry SHell, was in the middle of posting when you posted that...i'm done now :)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Well, let's go back to ZSS will us?

About the fastfaller or floater thing.

Well being too much fastfaller would severely increase the difficulty of recovering with her, she can't use the upB after a air dodge because it isn't a zair and without the grappling on walls possibility it would be even worse.

Then three possibilities, make her another character who is beastly on stage but horrible off stage. Give her a different way of recovering or let her be not so much fastfaller and give a little buff on her downB.

So, let's discuss about her to try to bring something constructive that may be of use for the PMBR, what you guys think?

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
I like the idea giving zss a normal grab
oh and if zss get's shorter short hops fastfall would be beter.
since zss recovery mostly relies on her tether it doesnt really matter if she's a fast faller or not, zss get's screwed anyway.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
ZSS should get rocket boots for her recovery instead of the crappy tether. Or maybe some sort of athletic-looking Up B that's essentially a ripoff of Screw Attack.

But yeah, a normal grab is definitely a good first step.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you could just...leave her recovery as is...except extend the length of the upb+jump together. and take away the tether

and speed up her pivot grab like lucases.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I was just throwing random ideas out there. I find that I dislike recoveries that are primarily tethers though. They feel so out of place and I, like many others, loved wall grapples which we unfortunately have a very slim shot at seeing anyways.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
SH Stun Gun, anyone?
Instinctive, I would say. lol

Also, it would be good if she could store the charge like with the charge shot, in metroid she stores the charge when on zero suit but not when on power suit, doesn't make much sense to let the only version of her that can originaly store the charge to not store any charge while the other can.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
For ZSS, I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to see her able to use her second jump near the apex of her down-B. Like, when you can use A to change it to an attack. It'd give her more recovery options.

EDIT: Whoops, meant down-B. Changed it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Instinctive, I would say. lol

Also, it would be good if she could store the charge like with the charge shot, in metroid she stores the charge when on zero suit but not when on power suit, doesn't make much sense to let the only version of her that can originaly store the charge to not store any charge while the other can.
I didn't think of that. The unique thing about the gun in M:ZM is that it auto-charges when not in use. In Brawl terms, it'd be just like R.O.B's laser charging but in much shorter time and the minimum shot stays the way it already is in Brawl.

If that were to be added though, I feel that it would also need an indicator to effectively show that the gun is ready.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
I didn't think of that. The unique thing about the gun in M:ZM is that it auto-charges when not in use. In Brawl terms, it'd be just like R.O.B's laser charging but in much shorter time and the minimum shot stays the way it already is in Brawl.

If that were to be added though, I feel that it would also need an indicator to effectively show that the gun is ready.
a little bar on the upper right corner of the camera:laugh:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Well, using the r.o.b laser system on zs samus stun gun would portray very well the game.

With an indicator it would be perfect. The shot is very slow, I thinks there's no much problem to be able use it more in battle.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
ZSS should have an up-b like ICs. She shoots out her whip and "hoists" her self up and over without touching the ledge.

It should still remain the same on the ground, however, because its a great follow up after knocking someone right above you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont like that idea...i like being able to decide between small and big when I want...being forced to use small if big isn't ready would suck. and yes I play zss in brawl...

94teen

Smash Cadet
I don't really like the idea of another character with SHL. there are already a lot of characters who abuse that kind of method to approach, and I feel like unless ZSS does something better/unique, it'll be difficult to find a niche for her.

I do like the passive-charge stun gun, since it couldn't be a huge part of her approach and would help set up for KOs, which is one of her bigger problems in vBrawl IIRC.

Could her >B be something like Falco's brawl reflector? More of a GTFO thing to help space/approach against people who can typically camp with projectiles or outspace her?

Lastly, I do really like the idea of giving her a "rocket jump" of some kind. Something like Sonic's recovery maybe? Definitely a little more toned down, but I think that'd be an interesting way to buff her recovery.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
what if zss could tether from above the edge aswell of course not as good as under the edge.

or would that be too good..

if not just change her down b to act as when you press jump when you down b an enemy
(you know when she somersaults through the air.)
and make it interuptable with the orginal down b spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom