• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Project M needs some Mega Man representation, and Keil Crimson gave me the perfect idea for it:

PMBR, you know you want it.
Keil Crimson here. Did someone call me?

Oh look, it's a screenshot I used for Onslaught Falcon way back when! =D

A Protoman texture on Falcon even...Yeah, that would be pretty sexy in P:M. ¦D

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
dearest PMBR:
why is it that I can't immediately sideb out of jump w/ rob
it's very rude I just want to quickly move left or right + waveland but because of the delay he jumps too high for it to work

pls
pls
You can immediately side B out of Jump, but as a show of form over function, he retains his momentum during all side and up-Bs, which has a consequence of making it (impossible?) very hard to do them close to the ground instantly.

I'm more grumpy that he can't air dodge out of the move the same time he can attack out of it.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
either I'm messing up the timing for it on 1/4th speed somehow, or it's not a thing you can do

it'd totally own for playing keepaway w/ if you could do that

MVP

Smash Ace
My birthday is saturday, and it would be awesome to get some concrete /new updates for 2.6.....

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Keil Crimson here. Did someone call me?

Oh look, it's a screenshot I used for Onslaught Falcon way back when! =D

A Protoman texture on Falcon even...Yeah, that would be pretty sexy in P:M. ¦D
I stumbled upon this by accident and was floored by its sheer awesomeness. He even has the shield.

If you still have this skin and it isn't Project M compatible for some reason, you should go for it Wave/Crimson.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
either I'm messing up the timing for it on 1/4th speed somehow, or it's not a thing you can do

it'd totally own for playing keepaway w/ if you could do that
That's how it worked in 2.0, and I used to do those insta-side-b wavelands all the time. I ended up having to trade them out for empty hop, low side-b, waveland (or soft landing or w/e) with the update to the move. Problem is, I could do that before too, you just had to wait to fall closer to the ground. So really we lost movement functionality in favor of the functionality of approaching of a faster jump->side-b->aerial, which can now be executed instantly. I think it's really overall a nerf, and not a minor one, but whatevs. It's a tweak and that's more important.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Wow, who is Mr. T? He has a pretty cool Lucas
I think he goes by Kweef/Mr.L on Dabessdi, his Lucas is still my fav but his Luigi is the most powerful and his Ivysaur is up and coming (and with this character line-up of his I'm sure he'll enjoy 2.6 ). If I was better at managing replays there would have been a lot more crazy combos from him (and some from 9k+1 lol).

Smash 4 looking good
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pikmin.html

For anyone who had work today: there was like the two funniest/greatest streams.
http://www.twitch.tv/pbnj23/b/429120643 Jman and then Shiz telling stories, Armada vs Hax
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/c/2564014 I love Ken's comentary but Scar made a hilarous joke

I won't be able to watch any of the EVO streams live, but I hope on the final Sunday one I'll be able to watch the past broadcast and not get any results of who won prior: hopefully that should be easy.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i made this in 20 minutes
(gnw combo video!)
its uploading to yt atm, so itll be like 20 minutes before you can actually see it, im just posting it now because its 3 am or something and i wanna go to bed

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I was just checking Sapphire dragon's p:m archive of p:m download mirrors and stuff... Why the hell is there demo version 2.6 over there, i mean, is it out for testing and stuff? I dont know if the link actually works or not cause im using my iphone, plus im too lazy to check on my laptop

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It is a fake link that, when clicked, just refreshes the page. I basically just coded the shell of a real link in HTML and will put the 2.6 zip links in there once I download them and upload them to my Google Drive (after their release, obviously :p). I'm not a part of the dev team or anything so I don't have any more info on it than you do. Purely something that I don't have to do later when getting them up on my archive so I can do it faster. :p

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I think he goes by Kweef/Mr.L on Dabessdi, his Lucas is still my fav but his Luigi is the most powerful and his Ivysaur is up and coming (and with this character line-up of his I'm sure he'll enjoy 2.6 ). If I was better at managing replays there would have been a lot more crazy combos from him (and some from 9k+1 lol)
Ah, that makes sense then. I know Kweef, we talk about Lucas a lot.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So in a 2.6 stream I saw that Zelda can't get out of her Din's Fire animation until it goes a certain distance..... why? Most characters can deal with the fireballs easily enough as it is that they're almost useless, why make the move completely useless? With that much end-lag it seems like a 100% chance you'll get punished almost every time, if this isn't the case I'd like to hear why

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Wow. Just the round 1 pools hype was insane today. Can't wait to watch the CT Suite and Semi-Finals tommorow

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
So how hard it is for the team to balance a character with 4 recovery moves, 5 jumps, quick sword ranged attacks, can glide and his victory theme song is different from that of the others from the same franchise?

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Not more ways, just an alternate animation for fun, like the fireball taunt.

Same f-smash, same KB and everything, just electric instead of fire.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No

Because

That would be a bit silly

AND BECAUSE MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thank you stunts. Thank you. My television and internet were completely cut off and I had no way of knowning.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Actually, on the note of electricity and Mario [Bros.], has the thought of dropping an electrical attack variation (a-la the current utaunt conventions) into one of Luigi's attacks been considered as a clever nod towards Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga? Perhaps for a sweet-spotted up-B? I'm not demanding it or anything, but it would be- yes I am.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Actually, on the note of electricity and Mario [Bros.], has the thought of dropping an electrical attack variation (a-la the current utaunt conventions) into one of Luigi's attacks been considered as a clever nod towards Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga? Perhaps for a sweet-spotted up-B? I'm not demanding it or anything, but it would be- yes I am.
I would really appreciate some Super Star Saga love in Smash Bros. I mean, slap some Thunderhand on his dash attack and someone might actually be inclined to use it...

Me. I would use it. I would eat it up.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Uhm electricity isn't the "purple stuff". The "purple stuff" is darkness.
The reference the dude made was a Tekken reference. When you hit with EWGF (electric wind god fist, a 1 frame input iirc) it visually shows as a purple bolt of lightning that is lovingly referred to "dat purp/the purple stuff", a phrase obviously popularized by Dave Chappelle.

Also, I'd rather Mario not be able to combo in and out of his usmash at any percent below 40% and also maybe him not to be able to grab the ledge from so far on his up-B? This was quite necessary in Brawl because he was a terrible character, but not in this game, especially since he can wall jump out of it so easily a caveman could do it.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
You're an okay person Juu, I didn't feel like explaining it since the joke didn't go through at all. I agree, that playing with Mario, it does feel kind of unfair that other characters get altered to fit Melee while Mario retains the Force that near everyone was given in Brawl. Can it not be fixed?

Also, I swear his fireballs looked SLIGHTLY faster from the streams...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe they were buffed (WHY?!?!!??)

Mario *has* to have an abuseable neutral game, because otherwise he'd be ****in bonkers. He has probably the best overall throw and CG game, kill moves for most situations, reliable launchers/combos/spin 2 win, like PLEASE keep him poopie at actually approaching. Make him work against Marth and Ike's swords and vs people who can DD bait him. Plz don't make his neutral much better because then that would have to entail some nerfs in other areas just when he was really getting on par with the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom