• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Or she could fight by swinging around Link's balls. You gotta admit that she's got that boy on a tight leash, forcing him to save her butt for the rest of eternity. Talk about whipped.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I can't connect to any of the characters in smash, except Cougar. He was just a kid living with his pack in the tidelands of South America when his father was killed by his evil uncle, leaving him to be leader of the cougar pack and avenge his father.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I can't connect to any of the characters in smash, except Cougar. He was just a kid living with his pack in the tidelands of South America when his father was killed by his evil uncle, leaving him to be leader of the cougar pack and avenge his father.
Excuse me?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Excuse me?
Oh yes sorry, he also met a puppy named Coppèr owned by one of the natives when he was young long before his uncle became evil. He became best friends with him but lost contact when his pack had to travel to another region for a greater supply of wild land as more human civilization destroyed it (which was also one of the issues that caused his uncle to become evil and hate Cougar's father who still had respect for humankind). It was years later that he met him once again but he was now trained to be a hunting dog for his owner for killing various mammals for skin and other profits: including Cougars. Cougar tried to make him remember he was friends with him long ago but the days of his puppyhood were long forgotten and he only knew how to help kill creatures for his master's gain. Cougar dodged the bullets and killed Coppèr's owner but Coppèr had already dived for a jugular bite on Cougar but Cougar quickly swang his neck and flung him off the mountain side along with his tears.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh yes sorry, he also met a puppy named Coppèr owned by one of the natives when he was young long before his uncle became evil. He became best friends with him but lost contact when his pack had to travel to another region for a greater supply of wild land as more human civilization destroyed it (which was also one of the issues that caused his uncle to become evil and hate Cougar's father who still had respect for humankind). It was years later that he met him once again but he was now trained to be a hunting dog for his owner for killing various mammals for skin and other profits: including Cougars. Cougar tried to make him remember he was friends with him long ago but the days of his puppyhood were long forgotten and he only knew how to help kill creatures for his master's gain. Cougar dodged the bullets and killed Coppèr's owner but Coppèr had already dived for a jugular bite on Cougar but Cougar quickly swang his neck and flung him off the mountain side along with his tears.

And that's about the gist of what I got from all of that.

JTsm

Smash Master
For any P:M players from the Midwest (or people in general) that wants to play MI/OH peeps, I have a Skype group which I can let you join in.

My skype name is jtsnakeman if anyone is interested.

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually really excited for Meta Knight, and will probably main.

Does that make me a bad person?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm actually really excited for Meta Knight, and will probably main.

Does that make me a bad person?
Not at all; there's nothing wrong him him as a character from the Kirby universe. People only dislike him (or have biases against him) because of his Brawl incarnation. But as a general concept, completely redesigned and balanced to fit in Smash Bros, he's as good as any other Nintendo character to like.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I like how he got hype from something he did in Project: M when I don't think I've ever seen him react like that in Melee ever.

It just smells like good news.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I like how he got hype from something he did in Project: M when I don't think I've ever seen him react like that in Melee ever.
I thought it was more like "yes, I didn't lose to this nonviable character by this random player who I don't perceive as a threat".

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Quite the opposite... he totally perceives me as a threat. And if he doesn't, he certainly should. I was 1 dropped combo into his brainless usmash away from taking that set.

Time to start recognizing.
#BookofEli

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I think he just got used to not winning a big set with fox recently

rip M2K's emotionlessness: death by spindash spindash spindash

Bryonato

Green Hat
Quite the opposite... he totally perceives me as a threat. And if he doesn't, he certainly should. I was 1 dropped combo into his brainless usmash away from taking that set.

Time to start recognizing.
#BookofEli
have any more VoDs from that tourney? would love to see more

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, this is VERY important - is there anyone in or near Washington, IA who's possibly willing to house me for an evening? If so, please PM me by tomorrow.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You poor soul. Not even playing Tricky.
I knew someone was gonna say this.

And my response is, SSX 3 is like Melee while Tricky is like SSB64. It's fine to play, but it's improved in every way in the sequel.

Enjoy your crappy button layout for tricks and lackluster gameplay hidden under the guise of being more "openworld."
I quite enjoy using the shoulder buttons for tricks, which I don't remember being any different in Tricky. And it's no guise, it is more open world, and there is a lot more to do in this game.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Snow Boarding games? I've only playn Tony Hawk Pro Skaters and this Scooter game Whirl Tour

You could beat all the Tony Hawk get 50,000 points in 10 seconds things with stationary manuals and kick flips, I never understood that flaw

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i beat kels, it's all i wanted from this tournament. ggs wario dsmash

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Rat vs Kels is private, and why specifically are some of the video worse than your usual quality?

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
I just hope in the next version of P:M that they switch around Snakes C4.... I love the idea of the fake out... I just hate that its the hold instead of the tap... It just makes more since to me that it would be the tap option to be the fake out... its really just annoying whenever i'm under pressure and try to C4 recover and wind up faking out because i didn't tap the stupid B button. I mean i know the argument is well with enough practice you'll be able to handle it better under pressure... or at least make it where the fake out is like lucario's aura bomb and you hit A and B together to do it... but this is just my personal opinion... I know that the argument is always with enough practice you'll get the hang of it... I'm just fustrated with it to a point i tend to start avoiding using the C4 because its really just turning into a major hassle whenever i'm trying to deal with high pressure characters

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
If you can learn to shorthop, you can learn to detonate easily under pressure. It's not too difficult.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I think I agree with you tripp, although I wonder if having the fake detonate require the hold would just make it a tad longer to "use" (do something after it) which is what you wouldn't want for yourself after for a quick fake out of nothing happenin: but I'm probably thinking wrong here

Lol this threads gotten more buggy to post in than the Smashmods one

Omgoodness, this is beautiful
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32538

Soulstice Music

Smash Cadet
I agree with tripp as well. Tapping jump gives you a short hop, so tapping detonate should be the fake one. Holding jump commits to the jump, so holding detonate should commit to detonate. Consistency in controls is a good thing... Which is why I'll never 100% agree with glide for pit and charizard being mapped to different controls. But there is a good reason for them being mapped separately.

While we are being nitpicky here... I also think that Falco's team colors are confusing. His green and red outfits can easily be mistaken for blue. I do it all of the time, and my friends do too. I'd be surprised if we weren't the only ones affected.

It's awesome when the only problems I have about a game are so minor. Other than these issues, and bugs that will inevitably be fixed, I find this game to be masterfully crafted.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Who is going to be at evo? I'm going pretty much by my self so I'm looking for people to hang out with after I go 0-2 in Melee pools. There will be a lot of PM set ups in the BYOC area, right? I might even bring a recording set up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom