• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think project m 2.6 is going to be streamed at twitch.tv/jcaesar after one hour

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
2.6 changes:
Ganon has a new, faster uptilt. (Ehonda stomp)
Diddy's sideb shortened.
Lucas Bair and Dair are reverted to Brawl versions. (Calabrel and others say this is more buff than nerf.)
Squirtle's dair has a new animation, but seems functionally identical.
Wario's aerial sideb can be canceled.

That's all the big stuff that I've noticed so far. Has anyone else seen anything?

Better changelist on page 2279.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Now that 2.6's changes are public, I can release all the anger I've been holding for several weeks after playing the Dev build.

¡¡¡ARGH NO ME GUSTA CHANGE!!!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Oh man, PMBR actually took people asking for a not-silly utilt on ganon seriously. Thank god.

I'd mostly prefer someone just showing a few characters and nothing else per week over the scavenger hunt, so every single change could be detailed per week. Something like how capcom showed character changes for their games in bunches at a time.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
2.6 changes:
Diddy's sideb shortened.
Lucas Bair and Dair are reverted to Brawl versions. (Calabrel and others say this is more buff than nerf.)

That's all the big stuff that I've noticed so far. Has anyone else seen anything?
Squirtle' 2.6 dair animation is Brawl's, so it isn't really new.

I'm not sure if Lucas' bair and dair actually function exactly like they do in Brawl. The non-spike bair kills at around the same time that his 2.5 one would, and his 2.6 dair's last meteor hit seems stronger.

I also agree with Calabrel, these Brawl aerials are overall a bit better, although it is worth noting that their downsides are a worse killing angle on non-spike bair (in 2.5 it sends at a very horizontal angle) and that dair does not provide coverage in front of and above him like it used to. I am also assuming that the 3 weak dair hits that link into the meteor are susceptible to SDI.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
2.6 changes:
Diddy's sideb shortened.
Cool they listened about Diddy being OP and gave Ganon a badass stomp. Possibly faster fireballs?

They seem to stay away from characters which have changed dramatically, which is a shame. Haven't seen the stream in a while so that might have changed, it's so high quality and could showcase Turbo Mode in an amazing way without spoiling anything.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy OP? I dunno about that, wasn't impossible to stuff his Side B. The length of the move wasn't scary, but the window that he had to latch on was huge. They could keep the same distance but reserve only half/whatever portion for latching on and anything else after that is kick/no kick only. If that's the specific change they made then it makes sense. Nerfing the overall distance you could get wouldn't be as ideal imo.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Updated 2.6 changes:
Ganon has a new, faster uptilt - very powerful E. Honda-style stomp.
Diddy's sideb shortened.
Lucas Bair and Dair are reverted to Brawl animations, up-b distance increased.
Squirtle's dair has Brawl's animation, but seems functionally identical.
Wario's aerial sideb goes straight and can be canceled.
Ivysaur can angle seed bomb, razor leaf and fair are faster.
G&W's hammer has dots over the number indicating whether the next number will be even or odd.
Snake can throw grenades underhanded.

And with that, it is time for me to sleep.

Better changelist on page 2279.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Don't mean to interrupt the 2.6 news but everyone go listen to this right away : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFhULStbkQ

It's a single from the new 6 hour FF6 OC Remix album and I've heard good vg remixes from OC remix before but this album is on a whole other ****ing level and it's like ****ing Queen or something and you get double chills if you've actually played FF6 before but it's still awesome it you haven't and people paid $150,000 ****ing dollars for this to happen so go check it out it's ****ing amazing and you'll thank me later bye

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Snake's always had underhanded grenade throws?

Oh wow, that's a really smart way to solve the problem with GnW's side-b. It's still RANDOM, but in a sense where it's now directly on the player to see what he can do and take more specific risk management from it. I like it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Snake's always had underhanded grenade throws?
If you hold down he underhands it like a slow moving bouncing bowling ball on the ground (like he needed more edge guarding tools lol), and the underhand throw up (which use to be hold backwards) is now just hold up (Brawl should have done that in the first place, although maybe it was for people to not accidentally tap jump).

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Don't mean to interrupt the 2.6 news but everyone go listen to this right away : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFhULStbkQ

It's a single from the new 6 hour FF6 OC Remix album and I've heard good vg remixes from OC remix before but this album is on a whole other ****ing level and it's like ****ing Queen or something and you get double chills if you've actually played FF6 before but it's still awesome it you haven't and people paid $150,000 ****ing dollars for this to happen so go check it out it's ****ing amazing and you'll thank me later bye
I know! I have been waiting for this album for months since it got delayed a whole bunch. Shadow's Theme made me feel all giddy when I heard it. There is quite a lot of dubstep on this album though, which I am trying to warm up to.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman

what am i doing on a smash brothers forum, everyone stop what you are doing and correct yourselves.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I haven't played enough of the type of games Oc Remix does Remixes of to fully enjoy them or this album, did they ever do a Drum and Bass remix of any song?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
If you hold down he underhands it like a slow moving bouncing bowling ball on the ground (like he needed more edge guarding tools lol), and the underhand throw up (which use to be hold backwards) is now just hold up (Brawl should have done that in the first place, although maybe it was for people to not accidentally tap jump).
Ooooh I can dig that. Wouldn't be too amazingly good, but still something I could use to never go off stage ever.

#reclaimthehomo

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone else here mains Lucario and is dying to see what 2.6 has in store, but I finally found a match they did with him. On JCaesar's stream it starts at 6:28:00. His forward tilt looks different. Other than that, Lucario's double team also seems to have its lag reduced just a tiny bit, and his nair doesn't seem to have as much startup.

EDIT: Upon rewatching, I also noticed a Lucario match at the ten minute mark. I forgot that I started watching the stream well into it's span.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Lucario's one of my top characters too. I REALLY hope he turns out good in 2.6. He just doesn't seem very effective in 2.5b. Too hard to catch opponents into combos with.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some of DeDeDe's moves seemed faster in the stream. Like his Up-B, waddle glide toss, and Fair. Yay :D

Kati

Smash Lord
So I was at a bar that had the snes, 64, and wii versions of mario kart going on on projectors and nice flat screen tv's. Near the end of the night smash 64 was brought out. I was feeling really really guilty crushing all of the casuals during the first match, but then I kid you not, the bar started blasting "Stand Up" or w/e jcaeser's menu music is called. I didn't feel guilty after that.

I think I have a venue to show P:M off at now.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hope you all enjoyed the stream last night. I think we hit like 260 viewers! Be sure to check out Jolteon's stream on Friday for more 2.6 preview goodness.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No plz god no

Ivy's gonna get the hedge clippers in 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom