• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
1:32 Since they restored his side-b to down-b wavebounce a little bit after 2.1 he can do that cool thing: which he wavebounces or something because he's side-b'ing forward which isn't normally how it works.
3:57 and 11:25 example of the Mash out of Hitstun to Tether momentun thing from Frenum which apparently (all?) the tether characters can do?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Jumping out of hitstun into a z-air cancelled airdodge for extreme momentum boosts only works with Lucas now, doesn't work with Tink anymore in 2.5 and I'm not sure if it ever worked with Link.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How u do the forward side-b to forward moving down-b, I saw u do it on Wifi a lot on PS2 which u sadly didn't in those matches. Was it something you could do in 2.1?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
How u do the forward side-b to forward moving down-b, I saw u do it on Wifi a lot on PS2 which u sadly didn't in those matches. Was it something you could do in 2.1?

Just side-b and down-b immediately after while you have forward momentum. It's easiest off a running full-hop or when running off a high platform. It can be nice to get away from people who have invincibility, but you can also jump/djc/waveland out of it and chase people. You could always do it even before 2.1, apparently it existed in Brawl and was called a "magnet pull" .

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
... Did you actually coin that? That's a pretty old Brawl term

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Half the time, the difference isn't even how far you have to travel, but how fast you can move. Older games you walk around like a ******* with a limp and a grim story to tell, like the main character in a Old Western Movie. Newer games you got your Yoshi courier, Dash Boots, ****in Go-Go Gadget Jet Ski's, etc
Depends on the genre...

Burnsy

Smash Lord
To answer your question, yes mad you could magnet pull in 2.1. Since 2.5 added magnet b-reverse you can now magnet pull b-reverse and RBR for ultimate wtfness.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I need some help. I plan on inviting a girl over to my house and I want to impress her with my abilities to play project M. Problem is, she doesn't know anything about smash bros. What character should I use to make her want me?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I need some help. I plan on inviting a girl over to my house and I want to impress her with my abilities to play project M. Problem is, she doesn't know anything about smash bros. What character should I use to make her want me?
Pikachu. All day everyday.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wrong

Squirtle or go home

Also watched M2K vs Wizzrobe...

MewtwoKing, you are ****in dumb for taking SONIC to a huge stage game 2.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Project M? Not 2hu chessy deluxe?
son, go to your room and think about what you have considered doing. You disgust me >:C

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
You should start by rethinking your approach.

B.W.

Smash Champion
You should start by rethinking your approach.
I disagree. My girlfriend took great interest in my ability and knowledge of Melee even before we started dating. It's also one of the things she found (and still finds) interesting about me.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. My girlfriend took great interest in my ability and knowledge of Melee even before we started dating. It's also one of the things she found (and still finds) interesting about me.
If you want to impress your prospect with video game skills, do it in a social settings (ie; you and your friends are playing) so she knows that you are not a basement dwelling cheese eater who got obsessively good at smash by himself. If she wants to hang out with you alone, sitting there playing video games is not a strong first impression.

B.W.

Smash Champion
lol it was when my step brother was home and we did 3-player FFA.

She's also come to plenty of tournaments with me and watched and now she plays a little herself. Oro and Rat have seen her and whooped her for free as well.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to give serious advice because I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Traffic's right. It's like beating a girl at basketball vs. scoring the most points on your team in a real game with other guys. Which one's more impressive?

And even then, being good at Smash isn't going to get you girls, since a lot of them just don't give a damn. What will get you girls is having good hygeine, dressing well (that means wearing clothes that fit and hug your body. Big T-Shirts are not sexy), getting your fundamentals down (posture, body language, voice tone, smiling, and eye contact, eye contact, EYE CONTACT!!!), going after what you want and not being shy about it, and most importantly, LEADING the interaction like a man should.

It's easier if you just took her to a cafe or somewhere to eat and chatted for a bit, THEN taking her home.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
it doesn't matter what you do

it's how you apply your cunning

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
One impression I just got from playing Zelda, is it me or does she not have any safe moves? I mean NONE, everything seems to have enough end-lag to make every one of her moves punishable

I thought the one exception was her aerial neutral B on landing, but it's so telegraphed and takes so long, it's actually not too hard to punish

I'm seriously asking, does anyone know of any safe moves for her?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fsmash can sometimes be safe on shield

The kicks can be too iirc, but not safe as in "hit shield and free pressure up close", safe as in you can touch it and retreat/not move and not get OOS *****.

She's wall-y, you don't have to approach someone if your tilt, smash, kick, or B will hopefully stuff their approach. If you absolutely "have to", from being really behind, then yeah it's kinda painful trying to approach people. Unless you feel whimsical and like to try and cross up with her Nair or Aerial B, you probably shouldn't play Zelda if you want to approach and be safe doing it lol. Pick a Spacie or Sonic if that's what you want.

(Zelda sucks at approaching. Give up on finding safe approaches, and focus on being perfect at walling, because that *is* the character)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom