• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hmm... if Megabus goes out there then I will look at coming with Sethlon! (Was planning on coming with him and Oracle for the tournament a bit ago but couldn't make it)

We shall see how powerful the occasional Wifi has made me... muahahahahaaaaaa

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I downloaded that but when I ran it and went to select the ssbm.rar I downloaded, it wouldn't register it being in the folder, despite knowing for a fact it was there and checking to be sure. Am I doing something wrong?
Well first you need to use a rar extractor type program to open the .rar file. .rar files are sort of like a more complex version of zip files (to put it simply). You want the .iso file (or .gcm file depending on where you got your file). If you're using Windows, I recommend either winrar or raropener.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What exactly are you trying to do?

Doubt I can help, but...

Also, how do you use PM via USB loader?

You download a Brawl ISO, and have the PM codes on your SD card (Gecko/Ocarina codes). Get a USB loader that has the option of loading cheats/ocarina codes, turn that on when you run the loader, and it will run Brawl + the codes. You could maybe have the codes also on the USB, but I dunno exactly how that would work. I just know that you can USB load without a disc, and have the loader read your SD card.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well first you need to use a rar extractor type program to open the .rar file. .rar files are sort of like a more complex version of zip files (to put it simply). You want the .iso file (or .gcm file depending on where you got your file). If you're using Windows, I recommend either winrar or raropener.
**** I completely forgot about that I knew there was something special about .rar files just couldn't remember what it was
Thanks for the help, I'll be trying that ASAP

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Depending on whether or not the date of another March 23 event is moved (and it might), I could show up if I managed to get housing and such.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You download a Brawl ISO, and have the PM codes on your SD card (Gecko/Ocarina codes). Get a USB loader that has the option of loading cheats/ocarina codes, turn that on when you run the loader, and it will run Brawl + the codes. You could maybe have the codes also on the USB, but I dunno exactly how that would work. I just know that you can USB load without a disc, and have the loader read your SD card.
If you have a physical brawl copy you can legally use usb loader.

Go to gamestop
Purchase a new brawl disc
Make your one legal copy to a harddrive via cfg
Return Brawl to gamestop within a week for a full refund

Immoral? Probably. Illegal? Certainly not.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The point being, after the process is done you use it without a disc lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll be attending SMYM as well :).

Oracle

Smash Master
smym is tempting but 12 hour bus rides are not really my thing and I don't have enough money to fly all the time. Still might make it

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lolll

YES!

Find a good USB loader, for PM I recommend Configurable USB Loader. Install that and download a Brawl ISO. Make sure your USB is formatted correctly/do whatever you need to add the ISO onto the USB. Once you do that, also have the SD card with PM codes. In the Loader settings (at least in Configurable, it's pretty straight forward), you will see an option to enable Ocarina/Gecko cheats. Enable that option, and it will read the PM stuff as you boot.

I have no idea if you can also have the PM stuff on USB, while you are playing through an ISO. I do know that having Brawl on the USB, and PM codes on the SD card will definitely work. I know you can load PM codes through USB with like Riivolution, but I'm also using a real Brawl disc so I have no idea if both will work on a USB.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well I figured it out using USB Loader GX (which, imo, was even more user-friendly than Configurable USB Loader), but my mind was more blown by the fact that you can download any .iso file you want and play it using the USB loader. I thought they made USB Loaders so it was non-pirate supported.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's interesting... A friend of mine has GX and he was having trouble getting codes to work. Guess he was doing it wrong, cause he got it right with CFG lol

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I live in RI, is that close to you at all? It'd be nice to have more people to play against than the 1 kid around me that does lol
About as close as it could be. I live a bit south of Albany. The highways are weird though so unlike NYC there's no really direct route to RI.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Can someone post that smiley thing that cannedbread used once or twice and GHNeko likes, I can't go through past posts with this new smashboards

And how do you turn signatures off for the post?

Eli promised he's gonna go Diddy vs M2K in his next whatever tournament, if he doesn't he owes everyone 2 1/2 Leelue pesos (or me at least)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Anybody have any idea why my wii overheated last night despite being OFF? And why it green screened several times while trying to turn it on, followed by freezing at the Press A to continue screen?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Maybe it's because you dropped it and/or may have messed with some of the IOS and stuff when trying to install homebrew before? I suggest that if you can get it working again, don't turn it off because you may not be able to get it to work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom