• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If the clone engine were perfected, any non-brawl characters not named Roy and Mewtwo shouldn't be added, btw. I don't really think it needs to be said tho, cuz I think the PMBR knows better already.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Personally, if Roy were brought back he should be totally revamped... same with mewtwo... on the level you guys have done with the brawl newcomers.

Roy due to you know... being Marth ------

And Mewtwo just doesn't feel like he should: a psychic attacker, not a tail-whipper lol.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't know about "total revamp", I don't think their normals should be changed. Mewtwo's sideb is pretty useless, so that could stand a redesign. Roy, I couldn't really tell you anything specific. Maybe give his sideb some forward momentum so he doesn't have such a godawful recovery.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I don't know about "total revamp", I don't think their normals should be changed. Mewtwo's sideb is pretty useless, so that could stand a redesign. Roy, I couldn't really tell you anything specific. Maybe give his sideb some forward momentum so he doesn't have such a godawful recovery.
Mewtwo's confusion in other builds was a damaging tripping move, which really does make more sense than what it did in Melee

I would like to see a poll based on which characters should be added in

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The biggest thing I would want to see for both of them would just be to give a lot of their moves a little more punch. They both do pretty butt damage, which results in them having to work a lot harder than most characters in order to rack damage.

And roy's recovery :/ I mean, it should be at least on par with marth.

Slashy

Smash Lord
The biggest thing I would want to see for both of them would just be to give a lot of their moves a little more punch. They both do pretty butt damage, which results in them having to work a lot harder than most characters in order to rack damage.

And roy's recovery :/ I mean, it should be at least on par with marth.
He should have another recovery option besides Dolphin Slash.

Again, as I said before, we can vote on the additional characters that have announcer calls as an arbitrary limitation, though I now see Tom Nook and Dixie as worthy characters. Geno is a character who isn't relevant enough to be in a smash game. It would be like suggesting Snap should be another Pokemon rep

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Roy's recovery is *** compared to marth's mostly because of his falling speed. Which should be kept as is (the falling speed I mean) give him his own style. Falling speed is a good and bad thing but it helps separate him from marth. If he got better rewards for hitting people rather than having to run in and back out for like >10% pokes that can often get you punished on hit anyways (which makes his falling speed a strictly bad thing since he's comboed easier), and hoping for dtilts you'd fix a lot of his problems right there. Yeah, his recovery sucks, but it's not his primary issue nor would it really need any buffs if he's fixed right.

Also adding tom nook is a bad idea and you should feel bad. Dixie is meh, but King K Rool deserves to be in before her as he's a villain and the series has no villain reps, but two protagonist reps.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Roy hits like a limp noodle at the end of his sword. It's very sad

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't know that Roy needs more recovery options, he just needs the recovery option that he already has to not be the worst one in the game. This would be as simple as making his upb go further and higher, or giving his sideb a tiny bit of forward momentum, or a bit of both. They definitely shouldn't go crazy with changing him around, just make the stuff he did in Melee work better.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Let him charge his up+b for delay + extra height and it'd solve half of his recovery problems without changing its style.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Maybe Roy's weight can be increased, that might make him a bit better

And give him the ability to move during starting frames before the hitbox is active like Brawl Falcon Dive or Luigi's Super Jump Punch in P:M

King K. Rool has an announcer call, again maybe we can just vote on it and have a few characters picked aside from Mewtwo and Roy

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
King K. Rool has an announcer call, again maybe we can just vote on it and have a few characters picked aside from Mewtwo and Roy
My vote would be "no" across the board. Roy and Mewtwo should be the only ones to return.

Was there some sort of new discovery towards a clone engine? or are we just socializing?
just socializing

Slashy

Smash Lord
is that even a word?
I agree that Roy would need to keep his fall speed to keep his own style/feel.

Was there some sort of new discovery towards a clone engine? or are we just socializing?
Brawl's announcer added me on LinkedIn (and it doesn't seem like he adds too many people_, I messaged Strong Bad to try and figure out if we could seize this opportunity

Slashy

Smash Lord
I love chatting about character possibilities, but people brought up the clone engine because they assumed we'd use this opportunity to get Mewtwo and Roy announcer calls (which they already have).

Slashy

Smash Lord
Who are all the characters that have calls already?

Somehow this would need to be edited as the reverb is in the original files, perhaps they can remove it and hardcode it for the rest of the characters? Should be possible since we'll be doing sound replacement anyway.

Mewtwo, Roy ,Krystal, Ridley, Jody Summer, Bowser Jr., Mega Man, Tails, Micaiah, King K. Rool, Isaac, Felix, Jenna, Mii

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I were the project M developers and got the clone feature to work, I'd just set it up as an auction to determine who the new character would be then use the money as a guaranteed pot for a project M tournament a few months after final release.

But I'm also fairly unscrupulous when it comes to things like this, so whatever.

Slashy

Smash Lord
If I were the project M developers and got the clone feature to work, I'd just set it up as an auction to determine who the new character would be then use the money as a guaranteed pot for a project M tournament a few months after final release.

But I'm also fairly unscrupulous when it comes to things like this, so whatever.
That sounds like a great idea, or we can do it if somehow we need to raise money to get P:M featured at some major event.

Despite being extremely biased towards my own roster suggestions I just felt that we could use that list as a basis for which characters people could raise money for, and maybe (barring Mii who is stupid, and Roy and Mewtwo who are locked in) pick 4 additional ones from the list to add in.

Newcomers always sell people on games, doing this will make Project:M seem like an actual fighting game revision (i.e. SSF4, Accent Core+, Final Showdown, Ultimate All-Stars), that's the biggest reason I'm so in favour of it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I dunno, I just feel like Roy should be changed up a bit more animation-wise. "Luigified" if you will.

Mewtwo on the other hand, always irked me with how he used his tail to attack with I dunno... 2/3rds of his moves? He's -the- psychic pokemon, lets make him feel like it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
while you have a point with mewtwo being psychic and using his tail so much being kind of odd, Ganondorf the wizard also doesn't have any projectiles and that seems a-ok by most people. Keeping Mewtwo close to his melee incarnation makes just as much sense, especially since he already has a pretty established playstyle that works, instead of building something new from the ground up.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ganon also has the triforce of power and physically fights link

When does mewtwo even in any incarnation fight physically? That said, Mewtwo's playstyle can remain in-tact without having the same animations.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
You realize we already have Dracula's Castle as a stage, right? I don't think involving third party games is going to be detrimental to the project.
While it's an awesome stage, for this reason I think it was a risky move and a mistake on the part of the PMBR.

Also, as a part-time custodian, I can attest that I'd rather clean up puke than diarrhea.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When does mewtwo even in any incarnation fight physically?
As it turns out, quite a bit, based on the moves he can learn (usually through TM and whatnot, but, you know)--

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/150.shtml

That said, I always thought his concept was best suited to a Vs. Series Magneto moveset, with flashing lights and energy-charged swings.

JOE!

Smash Hero
As it turns out, quite a bit, based on the moves he can learn (usually through TM and whatnot, but, you know)--

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/150.shtml

That said, I always thought his concept was best suited to a Vs. Series Magneto moveset, with flashing lights and energy-charged swings.
Going off his normal set, he only learns Psycho cut as a physical move.

And if we go by this, we could also say Pikachu could be using Rain Dance, Grass Knot and Dynamic punch due to being able to learn those through TM/whatever. But I do agree with him having a Magneto-esque moveset with all the sparkly glowies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't know how you'd do psychic moves in a fighting game though. Would you put a bunch of colored flashes in the areas that he has hitboxes? I mean, even lucas and ness only have a handful of moves where it's clear they are using psychic powers. Mewtwo has a handful too, it doesn't need to be every move he does.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I really don't mind if Mewtwo physically attacked with his limbs sometimes. If you wanna get technical about it, it should be noted Mewtwo has the same attack stat as Lucario, so he still hits reasonably hard physically. Yeah his special attack stat is higher, but Lucario's special attack stat is higher than his attack too. I guess because he's part Fighting-type, people are cool with him.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom