• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Why would you not delete the junk mail and stuff from 5 years ago first lol

I highly doubt that that is your genuine rational behind whatever it is you're trying to defend your self with.
Don't bother shanus with it, he's still pissed, it's why I'm not doing anything without the permission of the PMBR

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
However, Dean Harrington (Melee's voice for Master Hand) was REALLY interested in Project:M and was willing to voice overs if the community was willing to compensate him. Considering what we managed for EVO/Breast cancer, this will be a walk in the park.
I, among many other project:m fans that want to see the mod go far, would empty my wallet for this. Unfortunately, unless he wants to be payed in dust and cobwebs, I won't be able to contribute much... but I doubt I'm the only one that wants to see this happen, and the difference is not everyone lacks money. We should try to make this happen. nosrsly

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
We'll be needing him when PMBR starts adding Mewtwo and Roy and Geno and wants consistent voice work.

Kati

Smash Lord
What are people's thoughts on the brawl announcer? I still remember the anticlimax of watching the intro cutscene for the first time and hearing silence rather than...:

http://youtu.be/rIwWCioBpEM?t=1m12s

While he does say "Ganondorf" with some zest, I can't think of anything else noteworthy.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
We'll be needing him when PMBR starts adding Mewtwo and Roy and Geno and wants consistent voice work.
No no no no no no and double no to geno! I like geno and everything, he is a pretty cool character, but whenever the pmbr gets the clone engine to work, which will probably be a long while, they need to tread very carefully regarding the addition of other characters to pm. Its such a slippery slope that it could easily destroy pm's credibility if not done properly.

If any characters are added, they must be kept to a minimum, and must be approved not only by the pmbr themselves, but also the general community.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
No no no no no no and double no to geno! I like geno and everything, he is a pretty cool character, but whenever the pmbr gets the clone engine to work, which will probably be a long while, they need to tread very carefully regarding the addition of other characters to pm. Its such a slippery slope that it could easily destroy pm's credibility if not done properly.

If any characters are added, they must be kept to a minimum, and must be approved not only by the pmbr themselves, but also the general community.
I wouldn't want them to go nuts with Goku or Sora or ten thousand Sonic characters like all those Smash fangames. But it would be cool to see some of the should've-beens like Geno, Dixie Kong, and Megaman. At least get the announcer to record saying their names just in case.

On the other hand this guy does a pretty good Dean Harrington impression.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgeLzlw8kc

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be better to just avoid all 3rd parties, for the spirit of the game (we don't want too many guests...) and for liscencing issues. I'm not sure how the Kong characters exist in relation to Rare.

Hence why I suggested Nook, since he already had a character model, stage, and franchise emblem in the game. ;)

:phone:

Slashy

Smash Lord
I, among many other project:m fans that want to see the mod go far, would empty my wallet for this. Unfortunately, unless he wants to be payed in dust and cobwebs, I won't be able to contribute much... but I doubt I'm the only one that wants to see this happen, and the difference is not everyone lacks money. We should try to make this happen. nosrsly
The dude isn't being asked to be treated like royalty, he just wants fair compensation, seriously I'm sure we can raise something around 300 USD. He mentioned on his old website that he was a big fan of Melee, and that he was hoping Project:M wasn't going to cheat him out of decent compensation like other low budget games did. His actual offer was a cut of the donations, since he thought Project:M was going to be a huge cult hit.

But we already have voices for mewtwo and roy
see: Melee
Pat Cashman already did announcer calls for Mewtwo, Roy, and 12 other characters not on the final roster. This is about getting him to say the title and possibly 3 game modes

I've seen some videos where people have gotten the announcer to say Mewtwo in the Brawl announcer voice. No idea where they got that.

Because I contacted him a long time ago, that's why I was able to get him as a connection on LinkedIn

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You realize we already have Dracula's Castle as a stage, right? I don't think involving third party games is going to be detrimental to the project.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't want them to go nuts with Goku or Sora or ten thousand Sonic characters like all those Smash fangames. But it would be cool to see some of the should've-beens like Geno, Dixie Kong, and Megaman. At least get the announcer to record saying their names just in case.

On the other hand this guy does a pretty good Dean Harrington impression.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgeLzlw8kc
Uhh that's from Brawl's announcer dude, he said Roy, Mewtwo, and MegaMan already, if I'm going to contact him again it would just be about game modes and the title (but again, I left that to Strong Bad unless he wants me to do something)

I don't think anymore character names need to be said when the PMBR isn't planning on any kind of character expansion at this time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
word i'm glad another fox player gets it. i posted almost the exact same thing a few weeks ago.

for you people designing sonic, his speed and mobility in a game based on free movement are immensely polarizing. you could make him suck everywhere but as long as he can choose when to attack he's still going to be some amount of good. if you're going to make his moves either absurdly good or unnatural to deal with, cut down on the factor that makes him so polarized (I'm telling you to make him slower or easier to pin in a traditional sense).

as is, sonic and his opponents aren't even playing the same game. any of the sonic videos from apex can readily and visually verify this.
I agree with this, but in the opposite vein. The issue is that Sonic is "different" in a way that's negative. Sonic's a fun character to play but his design does result in Sonic either owning or being owned. I like Sonic a lot, he's just mediocre due to his game basically boiling down to "will my opponent out-prioritize me, or give me enough lag to start something". It feels way more shallow than other characters.

It's possible I'm just not experienced enough with him, but it feels like Sonic's game is "wait for them to mess up, then attack".

You can punish him OoS pretty easily though, dunno what that guy was talking about.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Duh. Pick something big
Unless you're playing against anyone that can pop you out of your over-b like pit, in which case pick something with small sides since you'll die horizontally anyway.

Or if you're playing against someone like Ivysaur that you will have trouble edgeguarding, in which case pick high ceiling / short horizontal blast zones.

But other than that, yes. Big.

I really don't think we'll even know if Sonic works as a character until someone really does something with him. It just seems like he's going to have to have a bag of tricks to even be considered a viable character and no one I've seen really knows enough of them to use them effectively. Once someone figures it out I guess we'll see. :B

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Combine Sethlon with Wizzrobe. You have a winner

Slashy

Smash Lord
I like that you can hold attack to continue rapid hit jabs, I found that an improvement from the first two Smash games. It makes it easier to continue rapid jabs with Game and Watch or Pit

Vashimus

Smash Master
No matter what the PMBR does with Sonic, there's no pleasing you people. Not that that's a bad thing, but maybe we should just take him out and save us the trouble. :troll:

Slashy

Smash Lord
If this is done, a vote by the community that is, I'd be surprised if Geno, Dixie, Shadow and King K. Rool aren't at the top, Mewtwo and Roy are a given
There could be a vote on the 12 other characters that already have announcer calls, to limit the pool of options.

On a different subject, while it isn't like Melee, why is it problematic that tech rolls don't conserve momentum. There IS a trade off there, and it does change matchups, but I don't see it as a bad thing. I mean tech rolls can save you from going towards the stage boundaries, but can give your opponent significantly more options for follow up attacks

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
A big difference is if you CC + Techroll a strong attack. You can end up tech rolling through them, or if you are near an edge you can tech roll without sliding off. Luigi loves this lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We aren't replacing Sonic. Sorry to crush your excitement.
My boner is rapidly deflating now that you said that.

lol btw @ replacing Sonic with Shadow.

That's like replacing a bucket of diarrhea with a tub of vomit.
I think any Janitor out there, will tell you he will take the tub of vomit ANYDAY

Slashy

Smash Lord
Adding in newcomers would only serve to build up more hype for P:M, I don't see it as a bad thing if it is possible, 1.0 can just be a major release and the new characters can be added to Super Smash Bros. Project:M Exceed/Sharp/Boost or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom